• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Noipoi Noipoi TheMightyP TheMightyP

Just saw this movie for the 1st and damn It is better than I expected.

The action scenes were great as usual, the animation was really great too, I loved the settings and as the final installment on the trilogy It does a great job at working as a conclussion to Po's arc to become the Dragon Warrior.

The only nitpick I did have is that the villain wasn't as great for me as Tai Lung or the bird from Kung Fu Panda 2, but I still found him quite great as he gave some really awesome fight scenes and reminded me of Kratos with the swords.

So yeah, I really liked it

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY.

Noelle moment.
Toby Fox be like:" your choices don't matter!

So make other peoples do your choices! Even it goes against who they are!"

Seriously, this is so much more **** up than the Genocide Route of Undertale on so many levels.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Was still brilliant to see. I'll always support Wales and both North and South of Ireland but seeing England lose is a bit funny. Just the instinct kicking in there.
I've been a long time fan of Welsh football since the late 90's and the best highlight was back during the Euro 2004 qualifiers where they beat Italy at home in Cardiff.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Dune director gives his current thoughts on the MCU. Honestly I can't disagree. I miss the Pre-Avengers MCU when it had a certain balance of humor and the overused humor only worked in Guardians due to its campy tone and nature, all their films are just cookie-cutter at this point.

Exactly why I didn't think Shang-Chi is as great as it's being made out to be and at best ok.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why does Netflix keep greenlighting all these Seth McFarlane rip-offs I frequently see on my Netflix feed?

I could be looking for literally anything and I always find between the "similar results" or "related with" sections something which clearly is copying the Family Guy artstyle.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Dune director gives his current thoughts on the MCU. Honestly I can't disagree. I miss the Pre-Avengers MCU when it had a certain balance of humor and the overused humor only worked in Guardians due to its campy tone and nature, all their films are just cookie-cutter at this point.
So, just like your criticism of them, then?

Seriously dude, this is the fiftieth time you made the same "only GoG is allowed to have humor" complaint. I have a hard time taking you seriously because you don't even say anything about individual movies.

I saw people saying they could've eased the jokes a bit in Shang-Chi but still giving the other parts of the movie a fair chance. I find them to be much better critique than your endless repetition of the same grievance.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Did some more sidequest stuff for NMH3. Whoever thought making you plant 100 trees and then also climbing up another 100 trees was a good idea should probably be exiled from any society on the grounds of being the most evil ****. I spent a literal hour in Santa Destroy alone. Now I have to do three other subworlds worth of trees.
This is why sidequests are always trouble.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Why does Netflix keep greenlighting all these Seth McFarlane rip-offs I frequently see on my Netflix feed?

I could be looking for literally anything and I always find between the "similar results" or "related with" sections something which clearly is copying the Family Guy artstyle.
There was a Twitter Thread that explained why. I can't remember word for word, but something about cheap artsyle + cheap comedy = lower costs for studios (which all use the same animation program iirc), mixed with Family Guy doing both and being succesful results in a bunch of clones.

People think it's just animators being lazy and the writers being incompetent, but no, it's just execitive meddling.

Ironically, this actually kinda makes Big Mouth amongst the most unique adult cartoons in modern times.

D

Deleted member

If Guardians Of The Galaxy is the only comic book movie which can have humour, then ya'll would hate any adaptation of an European comic book eve done (such as Asterix & Obelix or Zipi & Zape) besides maybe Tintin.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I saw people saying they could've eased the jokes a bit in Shang-Chi but still giving the other parts of the movie a fair chance. I find them to be much better critique than your endless repetition of the same grievance.
Like I had mentioned. The MCU can have humor, any series can, just depending on what it is on a certain level and I stand most of the MCU should if having humor be pre-Avengers when it was at a good balance.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If Guardians Of The Galaxy is the only comic book movie which can have humour, then ya'll would hate any adaptation of an European comic book eve done (such as Asterix & Obelix or Zipi & Zape) besides maybe Tintin.
That reminds me, comics from francophone European countries' were all the rage when I was a kid. I think American superhero comics and manga only started becoming particularly popular in where I live around the time I started high school, iirc.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Like I had mentioned. The MCU can have humor, any series can, just depending on what it is on a certain level and I stand most of the MCU should if having humor be pre-Avengers when it was at a good balance.
Imma disgaree here because the first 2 Thor Movies and Iron Man 2 were ****ing boring.

Captain Marvel didn't have as much humor like those two did and that movie was kinda ass as well.

Edit: Huh, TIL Thor 2 came out after Avengers, but point still stands

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Imma disgaree here because the first 2 Thor Movies and Iron Man 2 were ****ing boring.

Captain Marvel didn't have as much humor like those two did and that movie was kinda ass as well.

You also forgot Incredible Hulk.

That movie was so boring.

D

Deleted member

That reminds me, comics from francophone European countries' were all the rage when I was a kid. I think American superhero comics and manga only started becoming particularly popular in where I live around the time I started high school, iirc.
Here in Spain japanese stuff was quite popular too after Franco allowed media from the rest of the world to make It through.
It helped that a lot of japanese Studios were already making some of Spain's most beloved series at the time (such as Heidi, Marcos or David the Gnome).

If you ask any person from Spain who was a kid during the 70s or 80s, there's a high chance they will all bring up Mazinger Z, Astro Boy, Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon or at least Candy Candy as some of the stuff which was part of their Young days.

Japanese media is so popular here in Spain in fact, that when a popular TV Channel from the country announced plans to bring in Shin Chan, they made loads of commercials pushing It. And no random commercials, they literally made commercials crossing over Shin Chan with their most popular adquisition from back then (The Simpsons) which led to iconic stuff such as this:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
A big part of why my favorite MCU movie is Thor Ragnarok is BECAUSE it's ****ing hilarious, but also because it tells a really good story about Thor coming into his own as king and Loki finally redeeming himself. Infinity War threw that out the window but I digress. Good character writing and humor aren't mutually exclusive.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Iron Man, Captain America: The First Avenger, the Incredible Hulk.

The Winter Soldier and Civil War is also how you do it. Serious yet certain levity that gives you a chuckle.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I need to confess that back when It came out (I was 11 years old at that point) I was one of those people who disliked Iron Man 3 over the Mandarin stuff.

But years later I went back to It and found It way better than I remembered.
As someone with anxiety, Asperger and ADHD I feel confident saying that Tony Stark in the movie did show a decent representation of anxiety and the fear of losing everything one cares about.

Scenes such as this one aren't actually "jokes" or "random" stuff as people back them used to claim... People with anxiety can easily find themselves in situations such as this one and nowadays I do appreciate the movie for dealing with such things using basically their most popular Hero as of now.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Reminder that an animated Jurassic Park series was gonna have these things but all of that was scrapped:
View attachment 330798
Three headed blob t-rex thing

View attachment 330799
Yes, that is a giant four armed two headed t-rex
Reminds me of the dream I had last night about an adaptation of Jurassic park that went full on horror movie. It was like Saw almost, the park executives luring people to the island then letting them loose to have the dinosaurs kill them. ****ing terrifying. Young Harrison Ford (who was playing the lead for some reason) barely made it out alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom