• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
On the opposite end, Deathloop is a game we've seen so much of. I do think the premise is interesting. Taking out 8 bosses Mega Man style with mechanics from Dishonored. I just think some people would be tired of it since it got so much screentime in these events for the past like year and a half.

Once a month for Stone Ocean seems like a bit much. You'd think it'd be weekly. Not that it matters too much, as long as the show is done well I guess. I heard Tiger and Bunny is getting another season in 2022, but I don't know how much Covid messed with their plans or not.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I'm so tired of these kinds of reveals, dear lord
I'm not going back into Sonic fandom for Rangers, it's too much of a hassle for me.

So, Bayonetta 3. At least tell us which Frank Sinatra song you're gonna use in this game.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Again, I'm betting another major #1 issue will do it, if at all. Maybe Todd's Spider-Man, Jim's X-Men, or the Lee/Kirby X-Men. Or Fantastic Four. Who knows, maybe even Spawn #1 or TMNT#1 could do it. There's also Wonder-Woman, Flash, New Teen Titans, Web of Spider-Man(I think that was the Black Suit era book) and Giant Size X-Men. Can't see any 2000's titles doing that well outside of Walking Dead and MAYBE the first Ultimate Spider-Man #1. Then again Invincible is even more popular now thanks to its adaptation.

And that's not even getting into one of those three first record setters getting another pristine copy sold at a higher price a few years later.
I’ll make a crazy prediction and say that a story like “The Night Gwen Stacy Died” could possibly be one of the next comics to be sold for that much (if there were to be a victor).
Man I love having Spider Man as my favorite superhero.

He gets all the good stuff. Those games look incredible.
1C90F5AF-DD46-4B7F-B010-DC1AE6693AC5.gif

Web Warriors were born to get the best stuff and make Marvel, Disney, and Sony big money
Except comic book stories.
his comics have step the **** up tho. From stories like Sins Past being retconned for the best to actually letting Peter grow up again while rebuilding relationships that were damaged during the Dan Slott and OMD era, everything has been amazing (and after the 94-96 page finale of the Kindred arc, we move on to the return of Ben Reilly as Spider-Man for a bit). Between him and Hulk for having the best Marvel comic out rn…too bad both Amazing Spider-Man and Immortal Hulk are ending soon…
Also, while TMNT was brought up, can I just point out how awesome this statue is?
3F0F2B85-9DBC-4876-972E-FF6643B56182.gif

I’d love to get an animated movie once the comics are done tbh

D

Deleted member

If I ever own a videogame company, I would likely make It one of my policies to never reveal a videogame without any sort of Gameplay demo.

Because idk, I feel that this PlayStation event from today had a lot of really cool stuff such as God Of War Ragnarok (which looks outstanding btw), the Uncharted Collection or Guardians Of The Galaxy. And yet those games aren't getting much talk as of now (at least in the Discord servers I'm in) because people are busy getting hyped about a microsecond of Venom or Darth Revan standing still in a dark room.

Idk, I just feel It is a really bland and unproper way to reveal a game. Not to mention that a lot of times these types of games tend to enter development hell quite easily (Prime 4 being the popular example as of now).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If I ever own a videogame company, I would likely make It one of my policies to never reveal a videogame without any sort of Gameplay demo.

Because idk, I feel that this PlayStation event from today had a lot of really cool stuff such as God Of War Ragnarok (which looks outstanding btw), the Uncharted Collection or Guardians Of The Galaxy. And yet those games aren't getting much talk as of now (at least in the Discord servers I'm in) because people are busy getting hyped about a microsecond of Venom or Darth Revan standing still in a dark room.

Idk, I just feel It is a really bland and unproper way to reveal a game. Not to mention that a lot of times these types of games tend to enter development hell quite easily (Prime 4 being the popular example as of now).
That'd be nice. It'd be better for the industry in the long run. But I think the interpolitics and need to gauge interest would make that hard for a lot of titles. Though some games like GoWR and GotG did a good job on first reveal. Not to mention the internet has made getting information so easy, and the need for more information being harder to sate as time goes on. Just look at how people scrap for even a whiff of a Nintendo direct.

Then you've got Spider-Man 2, which didn't give full gameplay, but being an established sequel, you can kind of expect this or that from it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

To be fair, Uncharted isn't really a new game, people know what to expect when they hear Insomniac Spiderman and KOTOR's a remake so people imagine it's the original but much better looking with QoL. I get that it's annoying cause I agree, especially when people try to pretend Nintendo's so much better for not doing that when we're still waiting for Prime 4, Bayo 3 and how BotW2 got announced, but as long as info doesn't disappear for a few years it's not as bad as it could be

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I watched parts of the PlayStation showcase last night
It had some cool stuff but I find it kinda depressing that most of the things that interested me personally were part of big multimedia franchises owned by Disney.
Oh well, I've been wanting to play KoTOR for a while so hopefully this remake is as good as the original. Definitely getting a PS5 for it and the Marvel stuff.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Anyway, if the Nick Smash game was successful and had DLC, who would you guys want?
ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO
Also Toph

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyway, if the Nick Smash game was successful and had DLC, who would you guys want? Cause I'm mostly in it for more TMNT and Avatar stuff. But El Tigre and Jenny would be cool choices. A Miracle City stage would be HEAT!
I would want Vlad Plasmius from Danny Phantom, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, Denzel Crocker, Hugh Neutron, Rise April, 2012 Shredder and Spencer from iCarly.

Noipoi

Howdy!
ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO ZUKO
Based
Also Toph
Double based

Otis from Barnyard.
0E7BAEF6-BBA5-477D-B20E-5B10A4377D4C.png

HOLY BASED

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This is awesome.
Anyway, if the Nick Smash game was successful and had DLC, who would you guys want? Cause I'm mostly in it for more TMNT and Avatar stuff. But El Tigre and Jenny would be cool choices. A Miracle City stage would be HEAT!
I’d really like Jenny, Timmy, Jimmy, Hugh Neutron, Garfield, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and some others.

I think it’d be funny if Goku could get in and he’d be cool, although idk if they have any rights to him anymore (or if they ever did beyond showing Dragonball on Nicktoons Network, though I guess Adult Swim shows/showed it too).

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I didn't know that battleships could be dummy thicc.
battle.jpg

Look at how wide it is!
This absolute unit, USS Tennessee gained new torpedo bulges and her hull was enlarged to accommodate more (and newer) secondary guns which gave her a width of 115 feet (35 meters), length of 623 feet (190 meters), and displacement of over 44,000 tons (40,000 metric tons) making her pretty chunky and too wide for the Panama Canal; in addition to nearly every spare inch of deck space being filled with anti-aircraft guns.
(I like learning new things)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Got a question for y'all to satisfy my curiosity.

Do you believe in ghosts? What about aliens?
I believe in ghosts, but not aliens, or at least, not the sci-fi kind coming to study and abduct us; I do think there could be life out there on another planet, and I think there’s evidence to suggest there’s at least plant life, like on something I think they called “Super Earth” but I’m not 100% sure.

edit: About ghosts, I don’t really believe in the kind you’d see in ghost hunting shows or cartoons. More like spirits/souls and stuff, and I guess that just makes me think of the possibility of “ghosts”/souls who haven’t moved on yet.

I technically think there are spooky/scary ghosts, although more like them actually being demons, and you don’t have to worry about those if you’re not, like, messing with actual demon stuff, though this belief is due to my religion; I respect what anyone else believes.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Ghosts definitely aren’t real.

Aliens? Absolutely. Not the type of aliens you see in movies, but with a universe as vast as this there’s no way earth is the only planet capable of sustaining life.

They’re probably microorganisms, or perhaps very primitive sea life.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Ghosts not really, no. I do believe in living beings having souls and a higher power of some kind, but NOT in the "spooky ghosts" type of way they often get combined into or are used in Ghost Hunting shows.

Aliens, kind of. More like I can believe they exist. In the sense that we know so little about the universe, yet the idea of other planets having a wide array of lifeforms seems plausible enough, after all, that's what Earth even is. Not to mention how many of these species might've existed before our planet's formation or after. And on top of that, some of those planets could be astronomically far away, and be just as advanced as us. And we haven't exactly mastered space travel yet.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

There's so much about ghosts that just don't make any sense, even before you try to apply science to them. Hard no.

Aliens I think could maybe exist. But I don't think humans and aliens have ever encountered eachother, and I don't think we will ever encounter them in our lifetime.

I think both ghost and alien encounter stories come from the same thing - people love to anthropomorphize things and look for human intentions in things we don't understand. All cultures have deities and monsters to try to explain the natural world. Ghosts and aliens are just some of the ones some people still believe in to this day.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I didn’t realize Hoopa would be so easy to catch in the new Go research thing.

Free mythical ftw.
Careful, you'll :124: it. The research still has 12 more steps to it. Am betting Hoopa Unbound is going to be really annoying. lol

Ironically enough Shiny Celebi was pretty easy, but Shiny Mew? No you gotta work for that one. I've been stuck on the trading Pokemon task for months now, and that's just the prerequisite for getting the Shiny Ditto which is a prerequisite in and of itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom