• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not really. There's pretty recent games like Shantae 5, Hollow Knight, the Blaster Master Zero trilogy, Azure Striker Gunvolt(which is getting a 3rd game) and Lumonus Avenger iX which is getting a 2nd title. Those games are solidly long games that aren't terribly expensive. If we're talking PS5 specifically, Sackboy's Adventure from what I hear is a legit good platformer. As is the new Ratchet game (even if the lack of satire and being more family friendly is the major disappointment from me, gameplay seems as solid as ever.) People dap up A Hat in Time, which again, is a fairly recent title. Jet Set Radio is getting a new Spiritual Successor. you could probably get both Lethal League games for cheap and play other people online. Streets of Rage 4 has a lot of replay value and even if you played its main campaign once, is still a bit longer than most beat'em ups(being 12 stages as opposed to the usual 6-8, not including survival, arcade or mr.x nightmare)

Dustforce has a LOT of levels in it. And I hear good things about Spark the Electric Jester and Freedom Planet if you like Sonic. Bloodstained has like 3 games to play too. No More Heroes 3 just came out too, and I've heard mostly good things about that.

I'm not into Rogue like games myself, but there's a lot of other games out there. You either need to just stop being picky and hyperbolic, or be willing to back to older games you haven't played yet.

Outside of that, there's titles like Guilty Gear Strive or Punch Planet. We're getting a new KOF. Street Fighter 5 just got 2 new characters a couple of weeks ago and one more on the way.
I feel like I should have a response to this. I’ve even played some of these games. But like… I don’t. I just have nothing to say. Like… I don’t know. I don’t even own a PS5. I want them to give me a reason to. And beyond that… I just… indie games are so… limited?… is that even the right word? Aside from shovel knight and Shantae (not 5 though, worst game in the series besides the Game Boy Color game), no indie game I’ve played has stuck with me the way many AAA ones do. But every time I try to justify it my reasons get shot down like a duck in hunting season. Like… am I crazy? Why aren’t I connecting with them?

Also recommending I play Hollow Knight is like telling a cat to go swimming.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I feel like I should have a response to this. I’ve even played some of these games. But like… I don’t. I just have nothing to say. Like… I don’t know. I don’t even own a PS5. I want them to give me a reason to. And beyond that… I just… indie games are so… limited?… is that even the right word? Aside from shovel knight and Shantae (not 5 though, worst game in the series besides the Game Boy Color game), no indie game I’ve played has stuck with me the way many AAA ones do. But every time I try to justify it my reasons get shot down like a duck in hunting season. Like… am I crazy? Why aren’t I connecting with them?

I don't think there's anything weird with only liking high-budget games, especially if production value is important for you. Also, agreed that PS5 could've done a better job at offering a wider variety of games, but that might change. It's still a young console.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Two things that justified my PS5 purchase

Astro's Playroom
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart

Both were excellent platformers and it's a shame stock shortages and scalpers are preventing more people from getting to play them. Astro's Playroom was just so fun, has a great soundtrack and is such a playful look at Playstation history. Rift Apart of course nails adding shooting into the mix as per the series norm with some of the most well written characters in the series' history.

Also while I didn't get it on PS5, rather on the Series X through gamepass, I'm going to join in with the net and shill Psychonauts 2. It's another fun platformer with amazing writing in terms of both humour and drama.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Funny, I just recently saw a video talking about people collecting expensive stuff, and the old comic record was Superman's first issue. Guess I'm not too surprised, number 1 issues are usually the most popular. I wonder if years down the line if Jim Lee's X-Men 1 will be rare and expensive. It might not be as its one of the few comics that sold more than 1 million issues right during its original run. So buying the old copies should be easier.

I have a re-print of Amazing Fantasy 15 and Todd MacFarlane's Spider-Man 1. I've also got Volume 1 of Spider-Man, which I'm pretty sure also has AF 15 in it.
Action Comics sold for $3.25 million
Batman #1 sold for $2.22 million

it’s very impressive how much these old comics sell for if they stay near perfection levels of good condition. Makes you wonder who’ll have the next big record

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
its funny but it’s also mean.
I don't think there's anything weird with only liking high-budget games, especially if production value is important for you. Also, agreed that PS5 could've done a better job at offering a wider variety of games, but that might change. It's still a young console.
I hope so. But I have no faith in them anymore.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not too worried about graphics or console exclusives. Generally, I get systems later cause ****s expensive, and I've got no problem with cheaper games or shorter titles. I feel the opposite, I think Indie games take more risks with their aesthetics and have interesting gameplay ideas that a lot of AAA tiles like most new Naughty Dog or the yearly CODs/Fifas games don't do. Or Mid-Level major games like Mega Man and Metroid are up my alley as I like those genres. Though then again, I like Spider-Man, Batman and DMC games, so its not like I have a distain for AAA either. Games are games, the companies that made them don't interest me as much, outside of what can and can't be done crossovers and **** like that.

I would say the PS5 obviously doesn't have many standout games, but neither of the two newest consoles do. They are still very new and many titles are transitional titles like Twilight Princess was. It takes time for a console's library to build itself and games are more expensive than ever to make. So I get wanting to be really impressed until you buy it. I guess X-Box has Psychonauts 2, but even then that's like the only non-game pass thing it has going for me.

I can say, waiting for Tekken 8, for example would be a good excuse for me to buy one of the new systems myself.
Action Comics sold for $3.25 million
Batman #1 sold for $2.22 million

it’s very impressive how much these old comics sell for if they stay near perfection levels of good condition. Makes you wonder who’ll have the next big record
Again, I'm betting another major #1 issue will do it, if at all. Maybe Todd's Spider-Man, Jim's X-Men, or the Lee/Kirby X-Men. Or Fantastic Four. Who knows, maybe even Spawn #1 or TMNT#1 could do it. There's also Wonder-Woman, Flash, New Teen Titans, Web of Spider-Man(I think that was the Black Suit era book) and Giant Size X-Men. Can't see any 2000's titles doing that well outside of Walking Dead and MAYBE the first Ultimate Spider-Man #1. Then again Invincible is even more popular now thanks to its adaptation.

And that's not even getting into one of those three first record setters getting another pristine copy sold at a higher price a few years later.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You need a shave.
But without hair growing out of my face, how will everyone know about my excessive amounts of testosterone and masculinity?

Oh wait, I know! I'll stop showering and start using this!
That ought to do the trick!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not too worried about graphics or console exclusives. Generally, I get systems later cause *s expensive, and I've got no problem with cheaper games or shorter titles. I feel the opposite, I think Indie games take more risks with their aesthetics and have interesting gameplay ideas that a lot of AAA tiles like most new Naughty Dog or the yearly CODs/Fifas games don't do. Or Mid-Level major games like Mega Man and Metroid are up my alley as I like those genres. Though then again, I like Spider-Man, Batman and DMC games, so its not like I have a distain for AAA either. Games are games, the companies that made them don't interest me as much, outside of what can and can't be done crossovers and * like that.

I would say the PS5 obviously doesn't have many standout games, but neither of the two newest consoles do. They are still very new and many titles are transitional titles like Twilight Princess was. It takes time for a console's library to build itself and games are more expensive than ever to make. So I get wanting to be really impressed until you buy it. I guess X-Box has Psychonauts 2, but even then that's like the only non-game pass thing it has going for me.

I can say, waiting for Tekken 8, for example would be a good excuse for me to buy one of the new systems myself.

Again, I'm betting another major #1 issue will do it, if at all. Maybe Todd's Spider-Man, Jim's X-Men, or the Lee/Kirby X-Men. Or Fantastic Four. Who knows, maybe even Spawn #1 or TMNT#1 could do it. There's also Wonder-Woman, Flash, New Teen Titans, Web of Spider-Man(I think that was the Black Suit era book) and Giant Size X-Men. Can't see any 2000's titles doing that well outside of Walking Dead and MAYBE the first Ultimate Spider-Man #1. Then again Invincible is even more popular now thanks to its adaptation.

And that's not even getting into one of those three first record setters getting another pristine copy sold at a higher price a few years later.
I don’t want experimental. I just want good. And like… I don’t know man. I really don’t. I can’t explain why they don’t tend to click with me. They just don’t. You don’t know how frustrating it is to play something and want to like it but just can’t for no real reason.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Psychonauts 2 is multiplatform.
Is it? I thought it was timed on X-Box for a while.

How well will they take advantage of their new studios? We know of a few titles, I think Perfect Dark could be cool, and I know a lot of people like Outer Worlds. Then again, I'd mostly be interested in Killer Instinct 3 getting a sequel(which they might just call KI2). It's pretty much the first "modern" fighting game to implement seasons and did pretty well for itself, even being shown in ads alongside Spider-Man.

I don’t want experimental. I just want good. And like… I don’t know man. I really don’t. I can’t explain why they don’t tend to click with me. They just don’t. You don’t know how frustrating it is to play something and want to like it but just can’t for no real reason.
And I don't think experimental is inherently bad. You say you hate movie games, and I don't like them either(I can handle slow moments here and there like Arkham City, just not Metal Gear style 17 minute cutscenes in most cases, I think that's kind of bad pacing IMO.) which is why I look outside of the mainstream scope from time to time.

Look, there's a lot of games out there. There's bound to be something you like. New or old.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Is it? I thought it was timed on X-Box for a while.

How well will they take advantage of their new studios? We know of a few titles, I think Perfect Dark could be cool, and I know a lot of people like Outer Worlds. Then again, I'd mostly be interested in Killer Instinct 3 getting a sequel(which they might just call KI2). It's pretty much the first "modern" fighting game to implement seasons and did pretty well for itself, even being shown in ads alongside Spider-Man.
Yeah, released same time on Playstation and Windows PCs.

I think the studio they are going to take the most advantage of is Bethesda.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyway, if the Nick Smash game was successful and had DLC, who would you guys want? Cause I'm mostly in it for more TMNT and Avatar stuff. But El Tigre and Jenny would be cool choices. A Miracle City stage would be HEAT!

Yeah, released same time on Playstation and Windows PCs.

I think the studio they are going to take the most advantage of is Bethesda.
Yeah probably. Unfortunately, they're the guys I personally give the least of **** about. Outside of DOOM, but that's ID Software specifically, considering Microsoft just owns Zenimax completely. Even now, I'm mostly interested in Rare's IPs, but with Double Fine under them now, I guess Psychonauts can potentially have a more consistent future.

Corporate BS Baby, gotta love, but mostly HATE it.

Now if Phil Spencer had his way, we'd get Voodo Vince 2 by now.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Anyway, if the Nick was successful and had DLC, who would you guys want? Cause I'm mostly in it for more TMNT and Avatar stuff. But El Tigre and Jenny would be cool choices. A Miracle City stage would be HEAT!

Yeah probably. Unfortunately, they're the guys I personally give the least of **** about. Outside of DOOM, but that's ID Software specifically, considering Microsoft just owns Zenimax completely.

I really like TES but I guess the acquisition doesn't really effect me personally because I'm still going to have something to play it on. Same with Doom.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man I love having Spider Man as my favorite superhero.

He gets all the good stuff. Those games look incredible.
Yes sir. Things are looking up.

Looks like we're getting more X-Men content too, so finally more of my favorite team. AND TMNT? Next thing you know, we get a new Spawn game.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
alright so I finished my drawing faster than I expected at first.

Also added some Minecraft mob buddies.

Tell me what you think about my design if interested; also gonna share some lore:
TheCJBrine and Friends.png

I'll explain the mobs first:

Lil' creeper is named Cris; he has a blue/cyan bandana, which is sometimes a scarf instead. He's usually joyful, and his explosions won't kill him, however they can make him feel tired and get covered in soot.

The Wither is one I befriended, so they won't kill; their heads are similar to the Pokémon Dodrio in emotions: their left head is very light-hearted and comical, their right head has a bad temper, and their main head is mostly calm and serious, though they'll sometimes switch emotions as do the other two heads, and they can share emotions. They're a bit of a new idea (I've imagined a friendly wither before for artwork I'd like to draw someday, but didn't exactly think of an established buddy), so I haven't got a name yet. They don't stick around much, mostly going out and doing things on their own, but they'll show up sometimes and can help with stuff.

The Enderman is a new buddy, so I don't really have a name yet or much else to say about him. He's just cool.

The Snow Golem is named Snowy; I haven't really put much thought into him either despite him not being a new idea, just a cool friendly snowman.

The cave spider is Charlotte, nicknamed Cavey. She's a cool, friendly spider, only poisoning those attempting to harm her or her friends.

I also thought of having a Ghast or Baby Ghast buddy, which is why there's a Ghast-shaped cloud in the background, but I haven't thought about it much either, and it's also a new idea.

Now, for my persona:

Idk about background stuffs, I've had ideas but they sound silly so idk. My persona was inspired by Herobrine, except I'm not evil (although I guess Herobrine isn't necessarily evil if we go by the original canon; just mysterious and a bit creepy), so I have white eyes, however I tried to give them some detail to make them feel "soulful." If I ever get very serious, like when angry in a fight or just having a deeply serious feeling like heavy concern or fear or something, my eyes become blank-white like Herobrine's. Although, I can also control them turning blank-white if I'm in the mood to spook someone :p

The four triangles on my neck are supposed to be ties, although they look more like Jester neck things, so maybe it's more appropriate to call them magic fabrics that attach to your shirt's collar or something. They give magical abilities. By default, without any ties/fabrics, I can control brine/saltwater (my persona is also called TheBrinelord), but I can do more if I'm wearing the fabrics:

Red Tie/Fabric:
-Buffs strength
-Control fire and lava

Green Tie/Fabric:
-Can float/fly
-Control plants and earth

Blue Tie/Fabric:
-Buffs speed
-Control water (or any liquid with water in it, and not just brine) and ice

Yellow Tie/Fabric:
-Buffs defense
-Control electricity, air, and light

With all four together, I can also do other things, like shoot paint or play music.

I like to imagine myself being a hero, but also your average person you can hang out with like normal.

alright so that's pretty much it. I hope it sounds cool.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, if the Nick Smash game was successful and had DLC, who would you guys want? Cause I'm mostly in it for more TMNT and Avatar stuff. But El Tigre and Jenny would be cool choices. A Miracle City stage would be HEAT!

Yeah probably. Unfortunately, they're the guys I personally give the least of **** about. Outside of DOOM, but that's ID Software specifically, considering Microsoft just owns Zenimax completely. Even now, I'm mostly interested in Rare's IPs, but with Double Fine under them now, I guess Psychonauts can potentially have a more consistent future.

Now if Phil Spencer had his way, we'd get Voodo Vince 2 by now.
More Danny Phantom characters would be nice… I guess. FoP and JN and Tak content would be cool. Nickelodeon owns Terrytoons and I love old cartoons so I would love Mighty Mouse….

But I want it so it’s never gonna happen.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I really like TES but I guess the acquisition doesn't really effect me personally because I'm still going to have something to play it on. Same with Doom.
Yeah, TES and Fallout is gonna make them bank, for sure. Those just aren't series I'm into. Only play RPGs once in a while. Speaking of, I'll probably get into Midnight Suns. Put Blade in something and I'm willing to give it a shot I guess.

So outside of my worry about corporate buyouts, it doesn't effect my taste in games too heavily at the moment.

These ones, exactly. And Zuko.
Zuko would be legit. I think the third Avatar character will be him or Toph(if every character getting a stage is legit). But I feel like Donnie and Raph would make things "complete." Then again, Leonardo and Mikey are my two favorite Turtles, Leo especially. So I've already got my main, but my Sister and I really like El Tigre too so Manny would be dope.

There's a lot of cool alt costume options too.

Five and Miko from Glitch Techs, their friendship lines up nicely with how I view the Inklings
That show seems solid, and they'd probably have some fun moves. I'd be down for it, and it'd be cool to have at least one other newer show.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm still waiting on another TMNT fighter. One like Tournament Fighters that pulls from multiple TMNT canons.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The dichotomy between doofy Uncle Phil Shredder and edgy Shredder is enough to justify this decision.
Shredder's got a lot of range.

Just a Ninja
Goofy Ninja
Alien Cyborg Ninja
Basically Cooler
Basically M.Bison
Roided out Ninja
Demon Ninja

Truly a thespian for the ages.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I want to take every web head out back and unload a full magazine into their skulls. The more stuff he gets the more I hate him.
I'm not sure if this is jealousy, the desire to be a hipster or just plain mean spiritedness.

Whatever it is, its uncalled for.

Don't bother explaining yourself. Don't bother replying. Frankly, I don't want to hear it.

Just let other people be happy.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm still waiting on another TMNT fighter. One like Tournament Fighters that pulls from multiple TMNT canons.
Maaaan, the roster writes itself, Leo, Mikey, Don, Raph, Splinter, April, Casey, Krang, Shredder, Karai, Hun, Bebop, Rocksteady, Leatherhead, Metalhead, Slash, that yellow girl Turtle from the IDW run(I think she turned back into a human), That Fox mutant, Bishop, Nobody, Tokka, Razar, Baxter Stockman and I guess that one fish dude from the 2012 show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom