• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I am currently open to the following topics of discussion
  1. Dr. Seuss
  2. Looney Tunes and/or Golden Age Animation as a whole
  3. Ben 10
  4. Fairly OddParents
  5. Jimmy Neutron
  6. Danny Phantom
  7. Nicktoons as a collective entity
  8. Donkey Kong Country
  9. Water’s status as the best beverage of all time
  10. Cheese’s status as the best food stuff of all time
  11. Why we should all have spiders in our houses for pest control purposes
  12. Or Unionized Animation Voice Actors that could easily take over certain rolls in anime dubs
Please select a numbered topic and a productive, non hostile, non crazy, non-hot take conversation can begin.
I'd say 3 but I'm also curious about which kinds of cheese do you mean by 10.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I am currently open to the following topics of discussion
  1. Dr. Seuss
  2. Looney Tunes and/or Golden Age Animation as a whole
  3. Ben 10
  4. Fairly OddParents
  5. Jimmy Neutron
  6. Danny Phantom
  7. Nicktoons as a collective entity
  8. Donkey Kong Country
  9. Water’s status as the best beverage of all time
  10. Cheese’s status as the best food stuff of all time
  11. Why we should all have spiders in our houses for pest control purposes
  12. Or Unionized Animation Voice Actors that could easily take over certain rolls in anime dubs
Please select a numbered topic and a productive, non hostile, non crazy, non-hot take conversation can begin.
I'm several universes ahead of you, i never do anything about the cobwebs in my home.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'd say 3 but I'm also curious about which kinds of cheese do you mean by 10.
Almost all cheeses. If you can figure out how to add cheese to a meal it makes it better. My absolute favorites being American, Mozerella, and Gorgonzola. Though there was this one kind I tried at this fancy restaurant once that I really liked but can’t remember the name of.

I was hoping someone would pick 3….

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
That's actually a really good point.
I can barely eat Pasta without Parmesan anymore, and Cheeseburgers are my favorite food. I never really thought of that.
Don’t forget about cheesecake! Jjst a block of sweet goodness.
Cream cheese really is the undisputed king of that specific group of dairy, usable in sweet or savory recipes.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Where I grew up, flies populations would boom every summer and drive us all mad. Didn't help I lived in a bit of a hoarder home.

Spiders were a lifesaver. Then one day my mom went around taking out all the webs in the corners of a house with a broom, and next thing you know there was an army of flies living in the kitchen and living room. I went nuts with a flyswatter that year but it still took a long time to get them under control.

Haven't seen nearly as many flies since moving to SoCal though. Maybe flies are a country thing. Still a ton of spiders though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Almost all cheeses. If you can figure out how to add cheese to a meal it makes it better. My absolute favorites being American, Mozerella, and Gorgonzola. Though there was this one kind I tried at this fancy restaurant once that I really liked but can’t remember the name of.
Mozarella is pretty good. Not sure about the others. American cheese is too sweet for me and I'm not good with blue mold cheese.

My top three cheese would be white, tulum and lor.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Cheese vs Chocolate

It’s time for a DEATH BATTLE!!!!!
I like chocolate but I never understood society's obsession with it. It's an occasional treat.

Cheese however? Oh yeah. It's so flexible. You can have it as part of a meal or a snack, and even some deserts. And it's high in protein and other nutrients. Cheese is also funny. It just makes everything better.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I like chocolate but I never understood society's obsession with it. It's an occasional treat.

Cheese however? Oh yeah. It's so flexible. You can have it as part of a meal or a snack, and even some deserts. And it's high in protein and other nutrients. Cheese is also funny. It just makes everything better.
I agree with all of your points on cheese. But chocolate… whoooooo boy chocolate!! I may be fulfilling a female stereotype here but I would murder for chocolate. I would drink from a chocolate fountain like a water fountain. It might not be very versatile but I could consume an entire chocolate factory.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I agree with all of your points on cheese. But chocolate… whoooooo boy chocolate!! I may be fulfilling a female stereotype here but I would murder for chocolate. I would drink from a chocolate fountain like a water fountain. It might not be very versatile but I could consume an entire chocolate factory.
My points exactly, though I think chocolate goes best with other stuff, like fruits or nuts.

On the contrary, my brother doesn't like it at all. I always have to skip recipes with chocolate when I bake for us both.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
They're all made from sheep milk, maybe that's not popular in where you live?
I know in the US at least, we use almost exclusively cow milk for everything. You can find some goat milk products in some grocery stores if you're feeling fancy.

But aside from those two, I don't think I've ever seen dairy products from any other animal on a shelf here.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ok Charlie
Actually, Charlie was literally the only kid in the book who wasn't greedy and tried to eat everything.

Where do you live?
I know in the US at least, we use almost exclusively cow milk for everything. You can find some goat milk products in some grocery stores if you're feeling fancy.

But aside from those two, I don't think I've ever seen dairy products from any other animal on a shelf here.
Huh. I live in Turkey and you can easily find dairy products made from cow and sheep milk in most places here, with goat milk being a little rarer.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
White chocolate is my personal favorite variety of chocolate: creamy, not too strong, plus you can melt it down, add some small amounts of flavoring and food coloring to make different flavored candy bars (which I regretfully have yet to do).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My points exactly, though I think chocolate goes best with other stuff, like fruits or nuts.

On the contrary, my brother doesn't like it at all. I always have to skip recipes with chocolate when I bake for us both.
I’ll eat chocolate any way in any form.

And that isn’t your brother. It’s an alien. Only non-human life forms dislike chocolate.
****in when? And what kinda direct was it?
I wish I remembered more details. All I can give you is that it was announced during the #TimeSoup that is the pandemic.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Assuming nothing announced tomorrow. Next week is bound to be exciting. The general direct, CP11 itself, Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog, and Cry Macho. :D

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Actually, Charlie was literally the only kid in the book who wasn't greedy and tried to eat everything.

Huh. I live in Turkey and you can easily find dairy products made from cow and sheep milk in most places here, with goat milk being a little rarer.
Yeah, if you want sheep dairy products, you're gonna have to go to foreign markets and purchase it from there. Goat products are far more expesensive, but more common than sheep products.

Remember, we're land of the burgers. Cows have a stranglehold on the American market

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
White chocolate is my personal favorite variety of chocolate: creamy, not too strong, plus you can melt it down, add some small amounts of flavoring and food coloring to make different flavored candy bars (which I regretfully have yet to do).
Dude, white chocolate is so underrated, I love that ****.

I’ll eat chocolate any way in any form.

And that isn’t your brother. It’s an alien. Only non-human life forms dislike chocolate.
Nah, we have the 100% same DNA and everything.

I'm pretty sure my cats are aliens, though.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Cheese vs Chocolate

It’s time for a DEATH BATTLE!!!!!
It does not have to be a death battle, because I choose cheesecake with chocolate inside-- 'the best of both worlds,' but if it must be one or the other, I like chocolate, especially when it incorporates almonds, or better yet, peanuts-- in general, it must crunch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom