• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
My only gripe with April is that it isn't the Rise version.

I understand why they didn't, but I'm biased.
I'm pretty biased towards the 03 characters. I do hope that one of the color swaps for Leo and Mikey are at least the Mirage Comics Black and White. That would be some heat.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For a thought project, I decided to redo my Nickelodeon vs. Cartoon Network roster.

Nickelodeon:
Aang
Arnold
April O'Neil
CatDog
Danny Phantom
Garfield
Helga Pataki
Jenny Wakeman/XJ-9
Jimmy Neutron
Korra
Lincoln Loud
Lucy Loud
Nigel Thornberry
Norbert & Daggett
Oblina
Reptar
Ren & Stimpy
Rocko
Patrick Star
Powered Toastman
Sandy Cheeks
Shredder
Spongebob Squarepants
Tak
Timmy Turner w/ Cosmo & Wanda
TMNT (Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, Michelangelo)
Zim
Zuko

Cartoon Network:
Aku
Ben Tennyson
Blossom
Chowder
Courage
Cow & Chicken
Dexter
Ed, Edd & Eddy
Finn & Jake
Flapjack
Garnet
Gwen Tennyson
Grim
Gumball Watterson
Ice Bear
Johnny Bravo
Juniper Lee
K.O.
Mac & Bloo
Mojo Jojo
Mordecai & Rigby
Numbuh 1
Pearl
Rex Salazar
Samurai Jack
Scotsman
Steven Universe
Zak Saturday

Thoughts? Especially SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 327937

The task ahead is great, but can our morally dubious heroes rise to the occasion?

Probably not…

View attachment 327939
View attachment 327940

A new plan is hatched, and new foes appear! Will this new scheme work? Find out next time!
I am curious if you ever plan to colorize these once the comic is finished.

D

Deleted member

The Hola Peter meme is getting so strong that now "hola" doesn't sound like a real word to me anymore.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
For a thought project, I decided to redo my Nickelodeon vs. Cartoon Network roster.

Nickelodeon:
Aang
Arnold
April O'Neil
CatDog
Danny Phantom
Garfield
Helga Pataki
Jenny Wakeman/XJ-9
Jimmy Neutron
Korra
Lincoln Loud
Lucy Loud
Nigel Thornberry
Norbert & Daggett
Oblina
Reptar
Ren & Stimpy
Rocko
Patrick Star
Powered Toastman
Sandy Cheeks
Shredder
Spongebob Squarepants
Tak
Timmy Turner w/ Cosmo & Wanda
TMNT (Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, Michelangelo)
Zim
Zuko

Cartoon Network:
Aku
Ben Tennyson
Blossom
Chowder
Courage
Cow & Chicken
Dexter
Ed, Edd & Eddy
Finn & Jake
Flapjack
Garnet
Gwen Tennyson
Grim
Gumball Watterson
Ice Bear
Johnny Bravo
Juniper Lee
K.O.
Mac & Bloo
Mojo Jojo
Mordecai & Rigby
Numbuh 1
Pearl
Rex Salazar
Samurai Jack
Scotsman
Steven Universe
Zak Saturday

Thoughts? Especially SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64
I like. Though it needs more villains. And Glitch Techs representation. Also, if you’re gonna make the turtles into tag fighters you could probably do the same with Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl.

D

Deleted member

Man, UMVC3 is fun as hell.

Shame that the online on PC is dead...
You had to see how things were online back when the game was on PS3 and Xbox 360.

A lot of hackers were basically raiding the whole Mode with Galactuses, and It was chaos:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
The task ahead is great, but can our morally dubious heroes rise to the occasion?

Probably not…

A new plan is hatched, and new foes appear! Will this new scheme work? Find out next time!
Yo dog tag me when you pump out straight gems like this

love to see it from you

Edit:also we all know Freezerburn Freezerburn is the silent mastermind boss guy right? Right.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
View attachment 327937

Probably not…

View attachment 327939
View attachment 327940

See pal, this is why you were my best employee back then.
why did i made this flashback.png
Now you might say, "back then??" because, uh, the hotel kinda went out of business after a while, so uh, can't really call anyone a employee if there isn't a job to do, ya know?

Either way, fantastic job, pal.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Also i saw Nickelodeon all star brawl added a horrifiying mutated hybrid who craves death every single second it’s alive…

and a photographer so that’s neat
for a moment I thought the mutant part was about April…then it was a CatDog “diss”

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
for a moment I thought the mutant part was about April…then it was a CatDog “diss”
Jokes the more appropriate term but I’ll accept the diss in quotes as proof that’s you knew I was joshing

Edit: just because I can’t post again right now dosent mean I don’t see @Jotadé sinning in puns right now and I don’t vigorously disapprove like a grandma who never gets visited by her stupid ****ing grandchildren

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yaaaaaaaaa know.............

Coloring Noi comic would be pretty easy for me (flat color wise that is), all things considered.

Think the hardest part might be just what colors to use for some characters, but otherwise, I could do it......not now tho, since I have work soon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yaaaaaaaaa know.............

Coloring Noi comic would be pretty easy for me (flat color wise that is), all things considered.

Think the hardest part might be just what colors to use for some characters, but otherwise, I could do it......not now tho, since I have work soon.
If It helps for feedback (and if Noipoi Noipoi decides to use my dress if I eventually get outside of Samus's armour) you could use yellow for my dress.

And I suppose that the colour of the Samus armour would be the ones of the Gravity Suit (purple, yellow and such) as that tends to be the most powerful armour in the 2D titles.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The PS1/Saturn version of the Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game actually has some good music, it was the version made by Capcom. All of the tracks are more or less original too. Shame they took out SLAMMASTERS though.

Zangief's is an actual lowkey banger.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I still stand that the modern Mickey Mouse shorts are some of the best things we have got from Disney recently (alongside stuff such as Owl House or Amphibia):

Disney's animators are some of the most brilliant the industry has had within the past decade, and yet the Disney corporation is like some shackles that's stopping them from truly being the best they could be.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Based on what I heard about his series, Live & Learn was NOT the song I expected to hear during Travis's spirit battle. Can anyone confirm if it's actually fitting?
It's pretty much what Travis has to do throughout every game.

Alternatively, you could find out yourself by playing some of the best Wii games ever made currently on the E-Shop. :bowsette:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Based on what I heard about his series, Live & Learn was NOT the song I expected to hear during Travis's spirit battle. Can anyone confirm if it's actually fitting?
I mean, it's no Kill Or Be Killed or We Are Finally Cowboys, but it works enough I think. Being an iconic song that is. But if you wanted something that was just intense, I guess X vs Zero or Heat Haze Shadow, not that the latter would be chosen since that'd rely on having Kaz already.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well apparently Steven’s grid is pretty bad, and he is one of the weakest flying strikers when it comes to nuking anyway. Which is a little disappointing. On the plus side, Lillie seems pretty good, which is nice as we need more ghost types.
It's somewhat of a bummer that it appears that he's best with no weather, but at the same time he's best with no weather. His sync nuke was always going to be bad anyway given how they balance Mega Evolution. Not sure what people were expecting there. There's debate among his stats being too similar to N, so who knows if that will change, but considering he has Contrary as a passive, they weren't going to be too high anyway. He's still probably the new top Flying unit, he's just not a must pull. I'll be pulling for him as I don't want to wait another year and shiny Rayquaza is cool, but I won't EX him or anything as I already have max Blue/Pidgeot.

Lille fills her niche rather well and thankfully she's first as I could use a good Ghost striker. I plan on immediately EXing her upon pull. She seems like a slightly re-balanced version of Lusamine as a Glass Cannon. I'm guessing Morty can still get the job done if you've already invested in him but there is no doubt that he's harder to set up and use. Lille seems like she'll be fine at 1/5 vs needing Morty at 3/5.

N I still feel is the most underwhelming but definitely has the most potential depending on how broken is AOE passive is. My main question is just how well he'll stack up next to the glut of other Fire units.

I'm just surprised there is so much doom/gloom on Reddit/Discord/YT. Being OP is kind of secondary to if the unit is functional as a whole or is a character I like IMO. I can understand though if you're pure F2P (not a whale myself, but I do spend for extra stamina) and need to make the harder choice on who to pull on. I'm the type of weirdo that dislikes it when people spam Maxie/Archie/Leon in Battle Villa Co-Op.

Honestly the only real disappointment is that Lvl 140 means the grind will begin again even after so many people only just now finished getting their units to Lvl 135. If things are anything like getting to Lvl 130, it means we'll need 3x as many Type items to get there (50 -> 150). I've been spending all of the extra stamina they've given us on Tome training the past week and I've only just got enough for all of the 5* Water units I have now.

~6 Type items per 30 stamina with 150 needed means ~750 stamina per single unit before we even know the drink requirements for Strike/Tech/Support. :teeth:

At the very least though, the update to Daily Log Ins is finally happening. I think I read the free gems we get from it will be up from 250 to 450. We'll also get Theme Skill points now helping with that grind. Evolution & Sync Orb training will be stamina free as well!

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I think the big issue with the Anniversary units is mostly their timing. SS Red, SS Green (and Blue post buff) and Leon have set the bar high for Anniversary units, and Leon, and Archie/Maxie have set the bar high for Master units, so a lot of people were going into this expecting the new set to blow everyone out of the water. So now that we got the data and it's showing they're just great, a lot of people are underwhelmed. If these guys came out instead of Leon six months ago I think a lot of people would be more excited for them.

Personally, I agree that these units are good (well, Steven could use some tweaks, but he's not bad) and if nothing else they do look like fun characters to mess around with. Plus, I don't like the idea of having the bar constantly set higher as it leads to constant state of powercreep that makes it daunting to keep up.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So my meeting got cancelled and have to wait on a phone call before I do anything to actually get a job cause the UK benefit's system is awkward as ****.

I'm gonna go torture my legs then on an uphill cycle then. As if pushing too hard once a week was bad enough.

----------

Also Lamperouge Lamperouge I finished the first volume of Komi-san. Gonna get the second one next week. I'm loving it to pieces.

Comic stuff
****ing perfection.

And thanks for tagging me,

I have a bet as to where I might be in here now. With my suggestion thinking about it.

Betting Freezerburn is going to be The Watcher who's single word shatters the universe. And duxx will be your long lost rival?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom