• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Banjo could transform into a T-Rex, which seems to be his most powerful form. But the moon is significantly larger than a T-Rex, and DK clobbered that no problem.

There’s also the Jinjonator, but considering his victory over Tiki Tong DK can apparently take down ancient magical forces as well.

Kazooie’s natural ability trumps Diddy’s jetpack, so an air battle goes in their favor.

Banjo is much more laid back, to Kazooie’s chagrin. DK and Diddy are all about action, always looking for the next adventure. So they’re probably in better shape.

Banjo and Kazooie do have a knack for beating creatures three times their size though. However, so does DK.

Banjo and Kazooie could probably take Diddy solo, but with DK and all his canon feats I think the Kongs take it.
There is also the fact that, while Banjo and Kazooie can only carry a certain amount of both kinds of feathers to allow flight and wonder wing, DK and Diddy’s Strong Kong and Jetpack abilities each draw from the exact same source if Crystal coconuts. So while they can carry more, they’ll use both up faster, if you see my point.

There’s also the fact that, while DK may be great at taking brute force damage, elemental abilities like fire and ice always seam to get the bettter of him really quick if the opponent manages to land a hit. And look at all those elemental eggs you get in Tooie. Though the Coconut Gun and Peanut Popgun do both have homing properties, so there is that.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
This... should be taken into consideration by everybody here.
I feel great concern people are taking a product with Spongebob in it this seriously.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey Noipoi Noipoi

Just wanted to say that, you know, being a artist is hard.

You put ton of hours into somethin' and sometime it feel like a pics can still take forever to do.

I can say on my side that if I wasn't that patient & enjoying the processing of learning how to make arts, I wouldn't have gone very far. Even if sometime it drive me insane.

Making arts, even that of """lesser"""" quality, take alot of guts & efforts what i'm saying. No matter what levels peoples are, it ain't as easy as it might seem at first glance, and while it may be easier for some, it's still very time consuming when someone really want to make a pic look fantastic. All around the world, I believe artist deserve alot more credits & respect than they think they should get, and I hope atm, you feel good about yourself & your work.

Sooooooooo.......the fact you're using your time to make a comic about all of us, and that you're doing this for free too, Kinda gave me a little fun idea to make. Now, it's not much, but hopefully, the process of drawing this crazy crossover is made a little bit easier for ya with what I got for ya.

It ain't much, but.....
View attachment 327854
No matter what place in the comic is, I look forward to what you got for me & everyone else that will apparear in.

Thanks again for caring, and hope you the best, pal. ;)
7BE88D42-2506-4EC4-ADA9-2489A0A88D9B.png

I didn’t ask to feel today

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m sorry I’m excited for something noi. I’ll try to be better about being hyped in the non-board sanctioned and approved ways or subjects.
I didn’t say don’t be excited I said don’t be insanely mad if the cabbage guy from avatar gets in.

Disappointed? Fine. But don’t throw a fit.

And it wasn’t directed at you, or anyone in particular. Just people who would rage on the internet because of funny Nick game.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I didn’t say don’t be excited I said don’t be insanely mad if the cabbage guy from avatar gets in.

Disappointed? Fine. But don’t throw a fit.

And it wasn’t directed at you, or anyone in particular. Just people who would rage on the internet because of funny Nick game.
I don’t know. It feels like any time I try to get excited for a game I have been hoping for for years now and start to have hopes and expectations for it, I get told I’m taking it “too seriously”.

MooMew64

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just draw **** so I can see myself improve. Idrc about the attention... sometimes.

But I do wish I was good as some of the other artists I see. Makes me feel like I started too late or I should give up.

HOORAY FOR CONFIDENCE ISSUES
Welcome on the artist ride.

It's filled with up, down & tons of spirals, but if you can keep your feets in it long enough, you might one day be the one on top.

It ain't easy tho, but hey, that's what the internet is for: realizing that you aren't alone in your suffering! :4pacman:
Honestly, your art is incredible and is kind of an inspiration to me.

A lot of you folks in here are really talented, actually. Wademan94 Wademan94 , TheMightyP TheMightyP , Metal Shop X Metal Shop X , and many more all make cool stuff, and I'm always impressed by all the creativity.
Heeeeeey, thanks mate.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
A lot of you folks in here are really talented, actually. Wademan94 Wademan94 , TheMightyP TheMightyP , Metal Shop X Metal Shop X , and many more all make cool stuff, and I'm always impressed by all the creativity.
Me? Talented? In The same level as those guys?

I wish, but for that, I'll make sure that I do even better so I can reach that level

MooMew64

So while y'all posting about Nicktoons

I don't think we're getting a Direct next week, even with Nintendo having nothing lined up for that week.

The week after tho? That's where I throw ALL the chips down.
The week I wouldn't be able to take time off for 'cause three days that week are gonna be 100% mandatory, lol.

Ye sounds about right. :p

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Wish me luck, I’m going into the last few levels of the base game Quake. I still have yet to complete the fifth episode, the two mission packs, and the Dimension of the Machine, but wish me luck.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Btw, no matter at how "good" my art is today, I'm saying all of this 'cuz I was & still is to a lesser extent in that hole of never being happy with my work & feeling my arts wasn't up to part compared to other artists.

While I might **** on my old arts here and there these days, it is still important to have some self-respect for yourself & your works while you're still learning, otherwise you might ruin what once was a activity that gave you joy & something to do in your life.

I ain't a great teacher by any means, but if you been a artist one day, you know what i'm talking about, and that's why I think it's important to have peoples to support you here and there, whatever it's in small or big way.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I just draw **** so I can see myself improve. Idrc about the attention... sometimes.

But I do wish I was good as some of the other artists I see. Makes me feel like I started too late or I should give up.

Drawing should be something you do because you like it. It's a journey of self growth and not a contest. Never compare yourself to other artists because on sites like Deviant art there are always amazing people 100x better than you no matter how good you get. This is a lesson I learned for myself.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Why I love this place.

Though I really should my stuff here more often.........................................

Noipoi

Howdy!

Dude, I’m only as good as I am because I’ve been at it for years.

Seriously, just a few years ago my drawings looked just like yours.

I know it’s cliche, but practice really does make perfect.

F69D5D73-33E0-4134-9EA6-BF7CBF3482E4.jpeg

STOP IT GODDAMNIT I WILL NOT FEEL

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So I watched the latest episode of Marvel Studios' What If on Disney+ which felt like a mystery of who is behind the killings of the original Avengers with Tony Stark, Thor, Clint Barton, Bruce Banner and Natasha Romanova. Certain segments altered were based upon events from the Incredible Hulk and Thor. In the end, it was Hank Pym all along as he was responsible for killing the Avengers.

Since there's a lot of fighting game fans here, I have a question - what's the best way to get into Street Fighter, Tekken, and Fatal Fury/KoF? I don't really play traditional fighting games since that one time I tried playing some version of Street Fighter 2 and the controls didn't click with me but I'm a bit more interested now thanks to Smash
For Street Fighter, I would recommend giving Ultra Street Fighter IV or the latest Street Fighter V: The Champion Edition.
For Tekken, their latest installment is the 7th which had been out for quite a while.
For King of Fighters, they do have the 14th game out, but they do have KoF15 out February 2022.

Though the new OC character who's the main guy will always be disappointing and lame. Like it was in RE.
I do feel sorry for the actor Lewis Tan who portrayed Cole in the film as I do feel he has a lot more to offer within his acting career, but I don't feel that his role in Mortal Kombat is showcasing his best.

Funnily enough, he was in line to play as Shang-Chi before the role was eventually given to Simu Liu.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hmmm…. Ok Noipoi Noipoi , how about King K. Rool vs Gruntilda?
This fight really comes down to magic vs technology.

K Rool has a wide range of weapons, tools and gadgets. But Gruntilda can negate all of that with a magic spell or two.

I think the only think that really gives K Rool an edge is the Blast O Matic. If he could get a clean shot without her flying herself out of the way or conjuring a magic shield, I think he would win. But that would require Grunty to not defend herself, which probably wouldn’t happen. Not even mentioning her own giant laser gun.

I think Grunty wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom