• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Why I love this place.

Though I really should my stuff here more often.........................................
I would share more of my work here if I could, but there's two big factors against that;
1. I'm very protective and secretive of my original works, which is why I only share with people I know in real life
2. I've been practicing my anatomy a whole lot lately, which means exactly what you think it means, so I don't wanna get banned (don't get the bat, please)

I'm sure there's a few pics I can share without worrying about those, but then again, I'm still pretty durn shy about the whole prospect...

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
The game has Patrick. So its already perfect.
So if Patrick makes something perfect, how's the Patrick Star show lol

I'm 50/50 joking and serious, though my initial thoughts were "Why??" since I recall Hillenburg ws strongly against the idea of shows based on other Spongebob characters

D

Deleted member

While we’re talking about drawing, I have to ask: what’s the reason you started drawing in the first place?

I personally don’t remember my reason super well, but I do know at the very least, it was so I could draw pokemon for my now-kaput Pokemon Mystery Dungeon project. I started drawing more generic animals for a bit, and look at me now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So if Patrick makes something perfect, how's the Patrick Star show lol

I'm 50/50 joking and serious, though my initial thoughts were "Why??" since I recall Hillenburg ws strongly against the idea of shows based on other Spongebob characters
The character is fine, the people who are spitting on Hillenburg's wishes are the reason that show is garbage.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
While we’re talking about drawing, I have to ask: what’s the reason you started drawing in the first place?

I personally don’t remember my reason super well, but I do know it was so I could draw pokemon for my now-kaput Pokemon Mystery Dungeon project. I started drawing more generic animals for a bit, and look at me now.
I had tons of OC.

I didn't want to write tons of descriptions about them to explain how they look & the like, so I started drawing more seriously so that I could one day be able to share my ideas to the world without sharing a novel each time.

After years of learnin' & retrying, I feel like i'm slowy gettin' there now.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
A full hour has passed in this damn livestream and still waiting for NASB.
I actually think they're gonna save it for last

Also
I think this is the most I've ever been active on the Social Thread because I'm always in DLC Spec Vol 2 lolll
Heavily considering jumping to here more frequently after CP11 is released.

Just trying to get to know the other folks on this site a bit more : )

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

I personally don’t remember my reason super well, but I do know at the very least, it was so I could draw pokemon for my now-kaput Pokemon Mystery Dungeon project. I started drawing more generic animals for a bit, and look at me now.
When I was young, I did it with my sisters to entertain myself in church. So it's kinda something I've always been doing.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I’ve always wanted to make cartoons.

My reason for drawing is because I’ve got stories to tell, and I think comics/cartoons are my best outlet to tell those stories.

Not only that, but just to entertain in general. Making people laugh is my reason for living, and one way I do that is through art.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Dude, I’m only as good as I am because I’ve been at it for years.

Seriously, just a few years ago my drawings looked just like yours.

I know it’s cliche, but practice really does make perfect.

View attachment 327857

STOP IT GODDAMNIT I WILL NOT FEEL
Your art slaps me so hard in the face...............that it would make me want to draw but I can't for ****. You are a talent! For it and I've said it before but if it wasn't for a few people here like Wademan94 Wademan94 and MooMew64 MooMew64 I would have dropped all my creativity by now.

I really want to post my writing out in the open but the fear of some guest deciding to steal and post it somewhere would really destroy my confidence permanently. I would beep and beep and beep to them.

Finally special mention to Lamperouge Lamperouge and @Jotadé since while they aren't creators they still have been pretty supportive. Might post something small tonight.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
View attachment 327780

The Heist has begun! And already there’s trouble.

View attachment 327781

If Noi’s unrealistic plan won’t work…what will? Find out next time!
This is hilarious! Is there any way you could put this on your page so that I can easily find each installment? I remember being asked that for my Magic series, and think that having a way to read all the installments in order would be helpful.
( I feel fairly certain that the Smashboards search function exists only to find users, because it is awful at finding individual posts.)

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
This is hilarious! Is there any way you could put this on your page so that I can easily find each installment? I remember being asked that for my Magic series, and think that having a way to read all the installments in order would be helpful.
( I feel fairly certain that the Smashboards search function exists only to find users, because it is awful at finding individual posts.)
I put the link to the first part on my profile for advertising, but I doubt it'll help as much as that. I'm on board at this.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Not only that, but just to entertain in general. Making people laugh is my reason for living, and one way I do that is through art.
Amen on that, brother

I always try my best to make people happy and make people laugh and work with them on school work and projects in as efficient of a way as possible. It doesn't always work out, especially with people who just express negative tones and personality traits that hurt themselves and many others, but I try to do my best.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I watched the latest episode of Marvel Studios' What If on Disney+ which felt like a mystery of who is behind the killings of the original Avengers with Tony Stark, Thor, Clint Barton, Bruce Banner and Natasha Romanova. Certain segments altered were based upon events from the Incredible Hulk and Thor. In the end, it was Hank Pym all along as he was responsible for killing the Avengers.

For Street Fighter, I would recommend giving Ultra Street Fighter IV or the latest Street Fighter V: The Champion Edition.
For Tekken, their latest installment is the 7th which had been out for quite a while.
For King of Fighters, they do have the 14th game out, but they do have KoF15 out February 2022.

I do feel sorry for the actor Lewis Tan who portrayed Cole in the film as I do feel he has a lot more to offer within his acting career, but I don't feel that his role in Mortal Kombat is showcasing his best.

Funnily enough, he was in line to play as Shang-Chi before the role was eventually given to Simu Liu.
That's fair, I've got nothing against the actor.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ll try and link updates on my page from now on :)

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

To swap it for writing to me.

Had a lot of ideas since 2014 for stories but instead wrote some cringe philosophy **** (I mean this was super, super cringe). Had a number of cool ideas such as an Aztec version of Myst, a story that was like a mafia version of a magical girl anime and a really cool tropical fantasy story but never got deep into them.

Fast forward to 2018, I almost died of a liver infection and was bullied in college so my thoughts became pretty dark. Came with some of my characters like Laiku and Sakura in the midst of it, a random story write up in the middle of a free class and then kinda walked from there.

2021 and I owe to a few people like Wade to really keep my head in it. I've no proper final goal for this but hey, as long as it's done.

I’ve always wanted to make cartoons.

My reason for drawing is because I’ve got stories to tell, and I think comics/cartoons are my best outlet to tell those stories.

I envy you dude and I'm proud.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Drawing should be something you do because you like it. It's a journey of self growth and not a contest. Never compare yourself to other artists because on sites like Deviant art there are always amazing people 100x better than you no matter how good you get. This is a lesson I learned for myself.
This may have come off as more negative than I intended. I just meant that I myself have gotten caught up in comparing myself to other artists, especially on deviantart, and it's not a healthy mindset.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Imma put a spoiler on this Spider-Man subject cause yes, but…
turns out Mephisto made a deal with Norman Osborn many years before Oscorp ever became a thing. This red ****** is the reason why he became rich and successful, then Green Goblin, the death of oh Gwen Stacy, Harry going down the path he did (Goblin and currently Kindred), and of course the original OMD

also…IM AN APRIL O’NEIL MAIN NOW ****ERS
84AEAEBA-4E11-4312-8C03-B6626AD3D290.gif

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Mom bought me a how to draw Gen 5 Pokemon book. The rest was history

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom