• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I’m not familiar with either show so I may need some suggestions
Anne is the main heroine in Amphibia. She fights with a tennis racket and sometimes a sword in more serious scenes. The other main character Sprig fights with a slingshot and being a frog, he's very nimble and has a long sticky tongue.

Anne also gets (big spoilers) anime super powers at the end of season 2. You'd want these two in first.

Other top candidates would be Sasha and Marcy. Sasha uses swords and daggers and Marcy uses a crossbow and other tricks (like her stink shrooms which are basically stink bombs, or insta-vines which cause vines to spontaneously grow). Both are very popular with the fanbase but Marcy is even more so.

It's a good show go watch it right now.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Since there's a lot of fighting game fans here, I have a question - what's the best way to get into Street Fighter, Tekken, and Fatal Fury/KoF? I don't really play traditional fighting games since that one time I tried playing some version of Street Fighter 2 and the controls didn't click with me but I'm a bit more interested now thanks to Smash
If you have a Playstation then you have a ton of options available to you.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 is available and so is Street Fighter V, Akira and Oro just recently dropped for the latter
Tekken 7 is the one choice you have for that series but be warned that there's a fair bit of DLC here including basic training mode features
As for KOF and Fatal Fury, KOF 14 is the most recent title on the system with 15 due in February. They have a whole host of older titles on offer, KOF 2002 UM got a rollback patch I believe. Garou is also there with rollback.

As for other fighting games, I also highly recommend Guilty Gear Strive (best online experience minus the lobbies), Under Night In-Birth [clr] (solid tutorial and fundamentals) and Soul Calibur 6 (meaty single player offerings). Melty Blood is also dropping next month.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
If you have a Playstation then you have a ton of options available to you.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 is available and so is Street Fighter V, Akira and Oro just recently dropped for the latter
Tekken 7 is the one choice you have for that series but be warned that there's a fair bit of DLC here including basic training mode features
As for KOF and Fatal Fury, KOF 14 is the most recent title on the system with 15 due in February. They have a whole host of older titles on offer, KOF 2002 UM got a rollback patch I believe. Garou is also there with rollback.

As for other fighting games, I also highly recommend Guilty Gear Strive (best online experience), Under Night In-Birth [clr] (solid tutorial and fundamentals) and Soul Calibur 6 (meaty single player offerings). Melty Blood is also dropping next month.
I plan on getting a Playstation sometimes soon, so I might pick these up. I should probably start with just one before I get into the others, though.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I mean he’s mostly seen in the shadows so I don’t think it would’ve made that much of a difference.
I'm honestly tempted to watch that movie just for Willem Dafoe's performance, but I've seen Dragon Ball Evolution, and I don't want to go through that again. (Dragon Ball Evolution was so bad that it got Akira Toriyama, who's usually very hands-off, to take a more direct role because he didn't want that to be the last thing that people remembered for Dragon Ball)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm honestly tempted to watch that movie just for Willem Dafoe's performance, but I've seen Dragon Ball Evolution, and I don't want to go through that again. (Dragon Ball Evolution was so bad that it got Akira Toriyama, who's usually very hands-off, to take a more direct role because he didn't want that to be the last thing that people remembered for Dragon Ball)
If you enjoyed the source material I can't really recommend it.
Light acts like a complete idiot and L is kind of unhinged. It seems to intentionally deviate from the original story so you could use the "new take on a tried and true story" argument, but it's just not a very good new take on that story.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
These look pretty clean:
Oh, it’s just merch? I thought it’d be new goodies in game. Not that it matters to me, I’m still playing it zealously to this day.

Reactions: Z25

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The new Live-Action MK film wasn't great. But I legit really liked Sub-Zero in it. Dude was like a Ninja Jason. And the last fight was cool.

Though the new OC character who's the main guy will always be disappointing and lame. Like it was in RE.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Though the new OC character who's the main guy will always be disappointing and lame. Like it was in RE.
They have like over 60 characters for Mortal Kombat that they could have used like Taven (If not Johnny Cage) and instead they choose to make their own kreate-a-fighter/fanfic OC for this film which even a piece of bland toast or piece of paper had more personality then him.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
They have like over 60 characters for Mortal Kombat that they could have used like Taven (If not Johnny Cage) and instead they choose to make their own kreate-a-fighter/fanfic OC for this film which even a piece of bland toast or piece of paper had more personality then him.
He should’ve just straight up been Cage. It felt like he was meant to be Cage

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also the fact Goro died and lost to some noob MMA fighter, you know a 2000 year old Mortal Kombat champion that held his title for 500 years!?

Yet said noob MMA fighter struggled to beat Mileena and needed Sonya's help.

What?

Also of all the fighting locations they could have used in his fight against Goro which Mortal Kombat is known for its locations, they chose a barn!? A barn!?

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Also the fact Goro died and lost to some noob MMA fighter, you know a 2000 year old Mortal Kombat champion that held his title for 500 years!?

Yet said noob MMA fighter struggled to beat Mileena.

What?

Also of all the fighting locations they could have used in his fight against Goro which Mortal Kombat is known for its locations, they chose a barn!? A barn!?
The live action movie had someone dying to a garden gnome.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
D

Deleted member

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Tomorrow we're going to get some big reveal apparantly when it come to Dread.

Really wonder what's going to be.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh, it’s just merch? I thought it’d be new goodies in game. Not that it matters to me, I’m still playing it zealously to this day.
They did make those Mario shoes for the anniversary so I’m not to surprised that they would do more collabs with Puma. It be cool to see some Zelda ones.

D

Deleted member

Tomorrow we're going to get some big reveal apparantly when it come to Dread.

Really wonder what's going to be.
Oh god, I hope It is a really cool preview of the OST.

I wanna see if the soundtrack lives up to Fusion.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also, Kabal's design is pretty GOATED tho. They did a good job on him.

Since there's a lot of fighting game fans here, I have a question - what's the best way to get into Street Fighter, Tekken, and Fatal Fury/KoF? I don't really play traditional fighting games since that one time I tried playing some version of Street Fighter 2 and the controls didn't click with me but I'm a bit more interested now thanks to Smash
I would honestly say just jump in to whatever catches your eye. SF2 is more basic compared to later iterations of course, like with any long standing series.

Granted, I don't exactly play at a high level, but I've always played fighting games since I was a kid. Stick with one you like, and eventually, some of the carryover skill from one series can help with the next if you ever feel like moving on. Series like MK(if you can stomach the gore), Soul Calibur and Tekken have a lot more built in combo strings for the characters to help you get your feet wet. VS titles like MVC and DBFZ have "Magic Series"/Chain Combos, so you can go from Light, to Medium to Heavy. I believe Street Fighter Alpha also has this. Otherwise, KI is a good game too. And a lot of people are playing Guilty Gear Strive, so there's a lot of "learning together" there. Garou and KOF 2002 have rollback on their online additions as does one of the Guilty Gear XX releases.

If you want to know some basic starting stuff, there's a couple of things I remember off the top of my head.

Tekken's combo system is easier to grasp than SF/KOF strings(to me at least), since you get the idea that you get a launcher and then do a string or two and bam. Combo.
Like with Jin, you can do Double Lift Kick(Down+3+4), 2, 1, 2, Savage Sword(Up-Back 2,2,3). He also has a hopkick and counter hit Down-Forward 2 as launchers.

There's other basic stuff like the shotos in SF3 can do Crouching Med Kick into Hadoken, and ryu can cancel that into Shinku Hadoken. Chun can cancel her c.MK into her Lightning Leg Super.

In CVS2, You can do J.HK, C.LK, C.LK, C.HK with both Ryu and Terry as a very basic combo.

Again not an expert, just some stuff to get you started.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh god, I hope It is a really cool preview of the OST.

I wanna see if the soundtrack lives up to Fusion.
If it's a trailer, then maybe we get some of that.

Tho I think it's going to be more about THE LORE/Story of Dread.

Also, Big F for the peoples trying to avoid spoilers for the game til the release, it must be a nightmare with all these news.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If it's a trailer, then maybe we get some of that.

Tho I think it's going to be more about THE LORE/Story of Dread.

Also, Big F for the peoples trying to avoid spoilers for Dread til the release, it must be a nightmare with all these news.
You can't be spoiled if you don't watch any trailer :estatic:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
All my YouTube reccomendations nowadays are just memes and clips from movies and shows.

So thankfully I am safe on that regard.
Good.

Still, pray for those brave soldiers out there in the wild.

Some may be not as lucky.

D

Deleted member

Pokémon TV is neat. No purchases of any kind is a bit of a surprise.

Video quality needs addressing though.
I hope after these news that they eventually bring in Nintendo Anime Channel to Switch.

Idk how It was in the US but here in Spain that had Pokémon, Inazuma Eleven, Kirby, Heidi, Sonic and a lot of other cool stuff.
So yeah, bring It back.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.