• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, some datamining in the newcomer thread shows something interesting.

Despite what the main site would have you believe due to their numbering, it seems like the FP2 characters were worked on out of order.

It goes:

Min Min
Steve
Kazuya
Pythra
Sephiroth

Meaning that Kazuya and Pythra began development before Sephiroth.

I almost wonder if this means that CP11 will have a more "Simple" moveset, as opposed to someone like Steve or Kazuya.
Honestly, the fact that Steve was directly after Min Min makes it seem like he was super high priority given his development challenge so it checks out. Aegis and Kazuya being before Sephiroth also checks out as they didn't quite know how to implement them yet. This doesn't mean they worked on them one by one, but moreso that they started their dev time before Sephiroth because of how difficult they were to put in. Iirc, Sephiroth's main issue was figuring out the length of his sword which can be easily scaled and adjusted.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wait holy *. Steven is about to * people up, what a flex:
If you pay attention to the trailer it also shadow drops Allister as well (Cursola or Gengar?). The Twitter account is also dropping some hard bombs such as a Pokefair Select Scout and returning Seasonal Banners for all of the Holiday units from 2019/2020.

We'll have to wait for tonight's datamine, but Lunala seems to be the most broken thus far. Twitter confirmed it can max out both it's Special Attack & Crit in a single move (being self-sufficient is HUGE).

EDIT: Just realized that we can both Rayquazas on the same team. Thanks to Steven's Master Passive they both get buffed too. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If you pay attention to the trailer it also shadow drops Allister as well (Cursola or Gengar?). The Twitter account is also dropping some hard bombs such as a Pokefair Select Scout and returning Seasonal Banners for all of the Holiday units from 2019/2020.

We'll have to wait for tonight's datamine, but Lunala seems to be the most broken thus far. Twitter confirmed it can max out both it's Special Attack & Crit in a single move (being self-sufficient is HUGE).

EDIT: Just realized that we can both Rayquazas on the same team. Thanks to Steven's Master Passive they both get buffed too. lol
Lunala is going to be crazy because it’s probably a damage healer. With the Master passive, Lillie will be pretty good I imagine. Probably a ghost Lysandre but better.

Also double Rayquaza sounds busted lol

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Wait holy *. Steven is about to * people up, what a flex:
Steven using a Shiny Mega Rayquaza almost makes me want to play Pokemon Masters....

Almost...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just remember the Masters EX name problem that the internet focused a lot on…those were questionable times

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Lunala is going to be crazy because it’s probably a damage healer. With the Master passive, Lillie will be pretty good I imagine. Probably a ghost Lysandre but better.

Also double Rayquaza sounds busted lol
I just want a better Ghost striker than Morty or Giovanni for Master Mode. Although I doubt that will stop all of the Japanese players I regularly see in Co-op using the former as their husbando. lol

N is probably the most underwhelming of the three as there are just so many Fire units already. That said his Master Passive is big considering just how many Unova units there are. It's been confirmed he'll have a passive that makes all of his moves AOE, so it'll be interesting to see if it takes a bit of Red's Heat Wave niche.

Steven as a potential Physical Flying striker will be very nice as both Nate & Kahili are kind of jokes. He'll certainly have the weakest Sync Nuke of the three because of how the game balances Mega Evolutions, but another Hoenn Master Passive puts definitely puts Hoenn on top in terms of being the most broken region. I think I saw someone mention on Twitter that his ability to remove weather will be tied to his Sync Grid, so regular Rayquaza will still be able to take advantage of the buffs it gets from weather. Groudon/Kyogre & double Rayquaza is going to be crazy.

Steven using a Shiny Mega Rayquaza almost makes me want to play Pokemon Masters....

Almost...
If you do take the plunge, best to do it now while the game is giving out 111 free summons and is running several broken free to play unit events. It's still a gacha but I'd argue that it's easier by a fair margin for F2P users than most.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Points for incliding Schnitzel and Courage but I think I'd change up some of the representation.

For example, I think Gumball is big enough to at least have Darwin or Nicole. I would inclide more Ed Edd and Eddy characters as that show was CN's Spongebob that went on for a decade. On the contrary, as much as it pains me to say it, I don't think Fosters, and (much less painful here) Cow and Chicken, and should have a 2nd character before some shows that aren't quite listed here, and I'm not too keen on Princess nor Mandark. Don't get ke wrong, those series should get more reps, but imo I would prefer Dee Dee over Mandark and... idk for Princess.

On that note, I see that modern representation kinda falls a little flat. Maybe get some Craig of the Creek there? Some Clarence? Uncle Grandpa? I do like you going way back to pull some classic CN characters, but some of them I would be fine sacrificing like Jeff the Spider and Red Guy.

My thoughts on this roster. Not bad, but I'd be a little confused on the direction.
Might revisit it sometime

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I never expected April to be so highly talked about for a Nick fighting game

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
In a parallel universe…

Ducktales
-Scrooge McDuck
-Webby
-Launchpad McQuack
-Magica DeSpell

Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers
-Gadget

Darkwing Duck
-Darkwing Duck
-Gosalyn
-Megavolt

Goof Troop
-Max Goof

Gargoyles
-Goliath
-Demona

Recess
-Spinelli

Kim Possible
-Kim Possible
-Shego

Dave the Barbarian
-Dave the Barbarian

American Dragon: Jake Long
-Jake Long

Phineas and Ferb
-Phineas and Ferb
-Agent P
-Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Gravity Falls
-Dipper and Mabel

Star Vs. The Forces of Evil
-Star Butterfly

The Owl House
-Luz
-Amity

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

April O’Neil time *******.
3AAA29DC-FF7E-4624-9B6D-F8DCFD68FA9C.gif

tastes like valuable and deliciously satisfying content that in no way will ever backfire on future April mains

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well to whoever are the next two Nick characters announced tomorrow. Wish y'all luck in your most wanted for the game.

Daggett & Norbert...Ha, ha, ha, ha...If only...With such a lackluster roster based on the roster select screen. Not fairly certain on their chances...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well to whoever are the next two Nick characters announced tomorrow. Wish y'all luck in your most wanted for the game.

Daggett & Norbert...Ha, ha, ha, ha...If only...With such a lackluster roster based on the roster select screen. Not fairly certain on their chances...
I wish, I desire...

To kick butt as Spencer from iCarly using his burning sculptures towards the other fighters.
Ok, and I also wish for Rise April, Vlad Plasmius and Jimmy Neutron... But Spencer

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
View attachment 327780

The Heist has begun! And already there’s trouble.

View attachment 327781

If Noi’s unrealistic plan won’t work…what will? Find out next time!
OK, this is amazing.

After the comic is done, gotta make sure to upload it in full somewhere, for that TRUE, AUTHENTIC comic book experience.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wish, I desire...

To kick butt as Spencer from iCarly using his burning sculptures towards the other fighters.
Ok, and I also wish for Rise April, Vlad Plasmius and Jimmy Neutron... But Spencer
realizing nobody ever asked for the 03 gang…oof

and speaking of iCarly…season one finale for the 2021 sequel series tomorrow…sad times

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Mojang accidentally leaked some sculk block textures into the Bedrock Edition files and I wanted to share them here because they look cool and it got me excited:
This NetherNinja dude found them; personally I really like this one with souls swirling around in it (there’s more in his thread):

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I managed to finally snag myself a Series X! I pre-ordered the new Halo edition of the console and they charged my card so I’m getting it when it launches! Yay!
Well two Nick characters will be announced today for All-Stars Brawl.

Wish all those luck in their most wanted being announced.
Honestly, knowing there are only 8 spots left makes it super easy to predict.
We already know about Aang, Korra, and CatDog from the cover art. Then it’s very likely we are going to see Donatello, Raphael, Arnold, and Ren & Stimpy just based on… you know…. logic. That leaves one slot left unknown who could realistically be anyone, though if they said Nick Jr. characters would be in it like I’ve heard then it’s probably Dora.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I managed to finally snag myself a Series X! I pre-ordered the new Halo edition of the console and they charged my card so I’m getting it when it launches! Yay!

Honestly, knowing there are only 8 spots left makes it super easy to predict.
We already know about Aang, Korra, and CatDog from the cover art. Then it’s very likely we are going to see Donatello, Raphael, Arnold, and Ren & Stimpy just based on… you know…. logic. That leaves one slot left unknown who could realistically be anyone, though if they said Nick Jr. characters would be in it like I’ve heard then it’s probably Dora.
Ren & Stimpy is pretty obvious anyways given Powered Toastman in present.

One could argue Nigel getting in over Eliza but the "Smashing" memes that gained him popularity over the years is probably why he got in over her.

Shame given the roster select screen I sadly don't see Norbert & Daggett making it in...But with DLC potentially happening based on the strong response to this game, there's still potentially a chance.

Otherwise depending how well the game does, there's always a sequel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom