• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The fact that Metroid Dread is outselling Pokémon games is a huge surprise.
I’m surprised Arceus is behind the remakes. I know we didn’t see much, but I’m surprised people didn’t go for it more due to it being a full fledged new story game. I imagine come the presents this will change.
Pokemon Knights probably.

On a somewhat related note, I know Pokemon fans are nostalgia blinf but anyine who says that the old Shiny Hunting mechanics were better is *ing lying that * was so ****ing ass.
Old odds peaked in HGSS when you could see the johto streets shiny on the select screen. Made it so much easier as you had X3 odds effectively and it was fun to see them like that. I got a shiny Chikorita in only a few hours of resetting with it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Moving on to Banjo-Kazooie. But while this isn’t the first time I’ve 100%-ed it but it will be the first time I do it without month long gaps in between. Time for bear and bird goodness.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Dead Rising is kind of hard.

I've memorized some places of some really good weapons, healing items and books.

But the AI is the dumbest thing imaginable. I had a survivor kill another survivor. Twas lunacy.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I’m surprised Arceus is behind the remakes. I know we didn’t see much, but I’m surprised people didn’t go for it more due to it being a full fledged new story game. I imagine come the presents this will change.
I think a lot of people are still wary of Legends since while it's an exciting new concept, we still don't know too much about the game and they're holding off until they get more information. With the DP remakes you know what you're getting since at its worst it would be a 1:1 remake of DP with some mechanical additions, so they would feel safer in getting it.

As you said though, the Presents may finally get people off the fence since it'll give us a better idea of what to expect out of them.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
this week’s What If is one of the last time we ever hear the voice of Chadwick Boseman in anything new

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
The next Switch Online Game Trials game is Minecraft Dungeons
Could this be a hint towards Minecraft coming to Smash? 🙃
Man, I really hope Steve gets added! I know people doubt it and want Creeper, but I can see him happening. I'm certain he'll come with a doggo too.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
What happened?
Well from what I gathered Kevin Smith flat out lied to everyone multiple times saying the show was gonna be focused on He-Man when they killed him off in the first episode (twice in the first five) and the show now centers around Teela (who has been made completely unlikeable), Smith attacked fans and critics who knew or caught onto the bait and switch and blames the fanbase for not liking the new direction they’re taking it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well from what I gathered Kevin Smith flat out lied to everyone multiple times saying the show was gonna be focused on He-Man when they killed him off in the first episode (twice in the first five) and the show now centers around Teela (who has been made completely unlikeable), Smith attacked fans and critics who knew or caught onto the bait and switch and blames the fanbase for not liking the new direction they’re taking it.
I can’t stand these modern cartoon industry dudebros.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It’s well known that when designing Banjo-Kazooie Rare was actively trying to be better than Mario 64. Imagine if Microsoft had semi-annualized the franchise and they had always had that directive. An Xbox banjo designed to be better than Sunshine. A 360 Banjo designed to be better than Galaxy. An Xbox One Banji designed to be better than… 3D World…

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If any of y’all catch me pulling the same **** Smith is pulling with Revelations, feel free to bust my ass about it. If I’m lucky enough to helm the production of a new adaptation of a beloved series, I promise to do my damnest to treat it with the respect it deserves, regardless of how much I personally enjoy said series. You can quote me on that.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
...So Paper Trail - a really, REALLY good Deltarune fancomic, that you can see here if you're curious - as just ended.

Now, while I won't spoil much & will say the ending is quite unexpected, I stand when I say it's one of the best Deltarune piece of fanwork out there, and if you loved Deltarune, you should definitly check it out and read it in full, now that everythin' is here....

But
shulk man.jpg

This comic ending remind me that we're still far away from the full game release, and atm, there isn't any DR fanmade content on the same level I feel as Paper Trail (at least, from what I seen, could be proved wrong), so for now, i'm sad. :C

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Said it in the other thread, but the fact that after this week, a general direct could drop anytime and end this cycle

Well, it's sobering, but god I welcome death at this point, lol.

I love Smash, but 2020-2021 has felt dry, even if I loved FP2's choices.
Then we move onto Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl speculation :troll:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If any of y’all catch me pulling the same **** Smith is pulling with Revelations, feel free to bust my ass about it. If I’m lucky enough to helm the production of a new adaptation of a beloved series, I promise to do my damnest to treat it with the respect it deserves, regardless of how much I personally enjoy said series. You can quote me on that.
I think that should be a promise we all make.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m the only one who isn’t surprised that the show called Masters of the Universe is not mainly focused on He-Man even though his name isn’t on the title, and that Smith also didn’t say much considering that if he said any more there would be massive spoilers and whatever towards the rest of the story

besides, the show is actually good even without those omg Teela is a woman being the main lead and not the manly He-Man this or ugh I hate women they can’t be so muscular that (tho a I suppose Twitter isn’t the best place to be stuck seeing complaints with)

obviously this isn’t targeted towards everybody, many have valid complaints about the show, but there sure are a lot of men specifically that have beef with it without watching the show.

Shroob

Sup?
I’m the only one who isn’t surprised that the show called Masters of the Universe is not mainly focused on He-Man even though his name isn’t on the title, and that Smith also didn’t say much considering that if he said any more there would be massive spoilers and whatever towards the rest of the story

besides, the show is actually good even without those omg Teela is a woman being the main lead and not the manly He-Man this or ugh I hate women they can’t be so muscular that (tho a I suppose Twitter isn’t the best place to be stuck seeing complaints with)

obviously this isn’t targeted towards everybody, many have valid complaints about the show, but there sure are a lot of men specifically that have beef with it without watching the show.
As someone who hasn't actually watched the show, but has seen a lot of the advertising that came out before it aired, wasn't He-Man like, the main thing that the advertising focused on?

Like, if you're going to do that, and call it "Master of the Universe", people are going to think it's He-Man.

Kinda feels like a bait and switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom