• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I can't take Evangelion seriously anymore ever since I found out about the shaving beard machine and aids PSA commercials.

Shroob

Sup?
I can't take Evangelion seriously anymore ever since I found out about the shaving beard machine and aids PSA commercials.
I mean, that commercial wasn't actually EVA, it was just the voice actors.

The name "EVA Aids PSA" is kinda a lie since it has nothing to do with EVA aside from Shinji and Asuka's voice actors being hired for it.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Which blows so much! It’s not a genre that deserved to die the way it did! And even now when it looked like we might have been on the verge of a renaissance it’s starting to look like that might not happen after all. Makes me sad. We shouldn’t have to scrounge around in the indie leftovers bin to get the types of games we like to play.
I don't think it died completely. Super Mario Galaxy very much said **** you and wahoo to anyone thinking platformers were gone. They did certainly reduce in numbers with shooters becoming the most prevalent genre, especially on consoles not named the Wii.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And so, I present to you.

A tier list on Ace Attorney characters!

I didn't include GAA or I2 characters as I haven't played them yet.
Pretty top tier choices for those first 3 rows

Sarge is one of my favorite witnesses.Blackquil is great in the games he’s in as one. Interesting backstory that paints him sort of like early edgeworth, but it takes such a turn that I think it does a solid job at making him stand out.

Also I see investigations one characters, but not the sequels.

Have you gotten a chance to play it? Or did you leave it out because it’s not officially translated?

Either way, the sequel has some great characters.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean, that commercial wasn't actually EVA, it was just the voice actors.

The name "EVA Aids PSA" is kinda a lie since it has nothing to do with EVA aside from Shinji and Asuka's voice actors being hired for it.
True.

But it’s kinda like if Seth Mcfarlane used the Brian voice for an ad about cancer. It may be unrelated, but all your gonna think about is Brian Griffin.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pretty top tier choices for those first 3 rows

Sarge is one of my favorite witnesses.Blackquil is great in the games he’s in as one. Interesting backstory that paints him sort of like early edgeworth, but it takes such a turn that I think it does a solid job at making him stand out.

Also I see investigations one characters, but not the sequels.

Have you gotten a chance to play it? Or did you leave it out because it’s not officially translated?

Either way, the sequel has some great characters.
As I said in the post, I haven't played I2 or GAA yet.

Reactions: Z25

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
3D platformers are still there, but there was definitely burnout from the 1000 collectathons fron the PS1/N64 era and thus, it fell off at the turn of the Gamecube era.

And ironically, it was kinda Rare's fault for the burnout as well. DK 64 and Banjo Tooie went way overboard where they're legit the reasons why 3D platformers are memed just collecting useless stuff.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
To EA a studio is to kill them in kind of a ritualistic way. First, you find a game company that makes good, critically successful games, and then buy them, drain them of their assets and milk their franchises, making crappy loot box filled games. Then, kill them by shutting them down and forcing said studio to make the same sports game every year.
That’s why there are too many sports games. Why are we oversaturating them on the market?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But, what if I don't like EVA?
then you will get in the damn robot and like it
Easiest way to make me not want to watch something
I'm glad you enjoyed it but I don't like Eva at all
aye that’s all good
Ive seen a pickle ad with Bay Raph coming out of the shower and seducing the human males…then he started to take off the towel (only to unveil a large pickle…jar full of large pickles)
True.

But it’s kinda like if Seth Mcfarlane used the Brian voice for an ad about cancer. It may be unrelated, but all your gonna think about is Brian Griffin.
I mean…that’d just be normal Family Guy

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I didn't include GAA
Well when you do, make sure Herlock and Ryunosuke and Iris and Susato and Baron van Zieks is riiiiiiight at the top

50% bias 50% genuine
There is legit so many good characters in the great Ace Attorney one and two

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ive seen a pickle ad with Bay Raph coming out of the shower and seducing the human males…then he started to take off the towel (only to unveil a large pickle…jar full of large pickles)
OH NO I remember that commercial

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
As I said in the post, I haven't played I2 or GAA yet.
My bad, I missed that part.

Investigations two is really good. It fixes problems in the first game and the story is way better. It’s one of the best in the franchise imo. Also it has more cameos, one of which I won’t spoil, but you’ll probably really enjoy.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The fact that Metroid Dread is outselling Pokémon games is a huge surprise.

D

Deleted member

Hopefully they keep It going until launch day.

The last thing I for one want is for the game to sell poorly (in Nintendo's eyes that is).

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm betting both Pokemon games will rise after Wednesday when we know more about them.

SMTV being top 5 is surprising though

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Do you think game freak will stop the "two different games" strategy and just make a Pokemon game just one game with everything in it one day? To be honest that's the only thing stopping me from being a super excited about the remakes and more excited for the open world game

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Do you think game freak will stop the "two different games" strategy and just make a Pokemon game just one game with everything in it one day? To be honest that's the only thing stopping me from being a super excited about the remakes and more excited for the open world game
I mean, if they did, the entire fanbase would complain about the lack of this specific thing that's been around for 20+ years despite how good it would be, then change their minds 4 years later and beg Game Freak to bring it back.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't think it died completely. Super Mario Galaxy very much said **** you and wahoo to anyone thinking platformers were gone. They did certainly reduce in numbers with shooters becoming the most prevalent genre, especially on consoles not named the Wii.
It’s just really sad we have to cling to Mario so hard to get any platformers with any consistency. It’s just such a bummer.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
At this point, I pretty sure it's just for traditions sake because the version differences are becoming more and more minimal as the gens go.

Gen 8 had different Gym Leaders, and that was about it because you could get like 90% of the Mons without even trading from a different version.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
At this point, I pretty sure it's just for traditions sake because the version differences are becoming more and more minimal as the gens go.

Gen 8 had different Gym Leaders, and that was about it because you could get like 90% of the Mons without even trading from a different version.
I wonder how they would name the games in a singular version.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
inb4 some of the SMTV preorders are due to people somehow mistaking it for a Persona 5 game

…tho Imma still try to get it (not Metroid cause I’m a *****…tho WWE 2K22 and Nickelodeon are out in the fall, and it’s gonna make things more challenging)

D

Deleted member

The first sight of a shiny Pokémon I ever had was while playing a new save file of SoulSilver as a kid and while doing so finding a Shiny Rattata.

I got scared because I thought the game glitched or something.
I also found on that same save file a Shiny Bellsprout on Bellsprout tower.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Pokemon Knights probably.

On a somewhat related note, I know Pokemon fans are nostalgia blinf but anyine who says that the old Shiny Hunting mechanics were better is *ing lying that * was so ****ing ass.
You don’t think they’ed try to go for longer titles?

Also how would that translate to older Pokémon generations? Pokémon Purple?

osby

Smash Obsessed
inb4 some of the SMTV preorders are due to people somehow mistaking it for a Persona 5 game
I feel like a good amount of people will be drawn to SMT V for being "closest we'll get to P5 on Switch".

Helps that it's high-key one of the best-looking games on the system and was a meme for the last few years.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Imagine a Pokémon game where there’s an “adult mode” that allows you to pick any first stage evolution pokémon as your starter.
When you said "adult mode", I got worried we were going into fangame territory where the definition of violence is edgy writing where everyone dies every five seconds, everyone gets depression, and no one can stop swearing.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Call me dumb but why not just make one single game with everything in it? Yes yes I know "Money", but really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom