• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Also, how idk how Pokemon fans for some reason can't understand that game footage not final = game footage not final
To be fair, even in the final game of SwSh the wild area still looks like dog****
Granted, I've seen the graphical improvements of BDSP and they seem much better than Sword and Shield, but I'm still gonna remain cautious regarding Legends

D

Deleted member

Legends Arceus didn't look that bad in the trailer we got.
For the 1st open world titled handled by Game Freak It does look visually pleasing enough for the Switch and seems to be a world packed with stuff.

The only thing is that I hope there aren't really worriesome framedrops or that we don't get stuff similar to Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in handheld mode, but with the time they are taking with It I feel positive that they have had time to polish stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Obviously, but if they can justify it then all the better.
Mever forget when BDSP was revealed and the narrative was "GF doesn't care they gave it to a ****ty mobile game company and the game looks like ass", and then the OLED trailer cake out and the game got a face lift since last time, and the narrative was "Well, it wasn't GF making the game, so of course it'll look better. These devs actually care!"

...sometimes, it's hard to still be in the fanbase of this franchise

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Mever forget when BDSP was revealed and the narrative was "GF doesn't care they gave it to a ****ty mobile game company and the game looks like ass", and then the OLED trailer cake out and the game got a face lift since last time, and the narrative was "Well, it wasn't GF making the game, so of course it'll look better. These devs actually care!"

...sometimes, it's hard to still be in the fanbase of this franchise
I went on r/pokemon to see the opinions and I found this hilarious ****
1629075685180.png

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, even in the final game of SwSh the wild area still looks like dog****
Granted, I've seen the graphical improvements of BDSP and they seem much better than Sword and Shield, but I'm still gonna remain cautious regarding Legends
I'll say that that's fair, but SWSH did have changes graphically, but it was far too late to do an overhaul like they did with BDSP and thus SwSh looked damn muddy for 90% if the Adventure.

Arceus is a step up, but it still looks a bit rough in some areas, but they actually have the proper time to actually upgrade the graphics this time around.
Legends Arceus didn't look that bad in the trailer we got.
For the 1st open world titled handled by Game Freak It does look visually pleasing enough for the Switch and seems to be a world packed with stuff.

The only thing is that I hope there aren't really worriesome framedrops or that we don't get stuff similar to Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in handheld mode, but with the time they are taking with It I feel positive that they have had time to polish stuff.
Well, it wouldn't be their first bout... I'm betting the Wild Area and the DLC of the game was to test the waters of a fully open ended Pokemon adventure, and it was fun.

But damn did the caves look like straight diarrhea.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Also, No More Heroes 3 comes out in like a week and a half and oh boy I can't wait to experience that 10 FPS Overworld. :jojo:

Seriously, the combat is the cleanest looking thing I've seen on the console and then the rest of the game just looks like vomit. Thank you Nintendo Switch hardware, you're truly showing me how much fun limited technology is by focusing on nothing but the fun. Because if it isn't fun, why bother? just release a goddamn powerful enough console to compete with you cowards

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
funny how Rick is tired of the Pickle Rick stuff tho

D

Deleted member

Forgot to say that I was about to try to go to sleep.

Nothing bad, just that I need to be in a place during the morning and as such I need to be ready and well enough for all that.
Hopefully ya'll understand.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
glad Evangelion can finally get a conclusion that’ll likely satisfy the majority instead of having a divided opinion

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Thoughts on the voice casting at least?
It’s mostly good, though I would prefer if Ron Perlman voiced Deathstroke (don’t tell me he couldn’t do a good traditional Deathstroke, just look at his other roles), and I really don’t like Talinsen Jaffe’s Flash. I’d rather go with his I1 voice or maybe his Young Justice voice or hell even Grant Gustin. And imo, I’d go with a Black Lightning in the main game and have Static be a part of a milestone themed dlc pack with Icon, Rocket, and Hardware.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just finished Metroid: Samus Returns with a 100% completion. A solid game and a huge improvement over the original Game Boy version (though it has been a long time since I played that game). A blast to play! @Jotadé

Next up: Super Metroid

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I feel for that Chingling moving at 5 times slower than everything else
Joe Merrick showed a gif of the same Chingling at a smooth fps, which I guess was in the same video according to someone else. He explained the lower fps was probably due to a bug:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom