• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m gonna go on a platformer marathon. I’m gonna buy DK64 and Galaxy 2 on Wii U, and Odyssey and NSMBU on switch. And then i’m gonna play all those games as well as the banjo-Kazooie and yooka laylee games in order of release.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
MooMew64 MooMew64 I think you know the most out of all of us regarding this
OK MooMew64 MooMew64 . For my platformer marathon I want to marathon all the Banjo-Kazooie games, including Grunty's Revenge. But that game has never been re-released in any way so I need to emulate it. My wii already has the homebrew channel installed on it. So I just need a good website to get the rom from without downloading a virus, and a guide to getting it onto my Wii and playable.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I figure I might as well experience all of 3D Mario.

Question: I've heard that it's possible to get more moons in that game then the game can even track. Is that true?
I dunno, I’ve never gotten all the moons. At a certain point it just becomes mindless busywork.

Playing through the story is great fun, playing through the post game is great fun, mashing the A button to get the final moons isn’t really fun.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm thinking about starting to marathon certain series of games that take up a big chunk of my backlog. First is probably 2D Metroid, which only consists of Super and Fusion since I've already played the remakes of the first 2.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The best way to enjoy Odyssey is to play it until you get bored, then put it down.

I mean that's true for a lot of games but it feels particularly true for Odyssey. It's designed to have more moons then most players will ever want to find. It's like BotW's korok seeds - you're supposed to stumble into them by exploring and doing whatever you think looks fun or interesting. Shame it's such a pain for completionist though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Mayo Neighs
Mayonnaise
This is the joke
…you mother ****** of a genius
The best way to enjoy Odyssey is to play it until you get bored, then put it down.

I mean that's true for a lot of games but it feels particularly true for Odyssey. It's designed to have more moons then most players will ever want to find. It's like BotW's korok seeds - you're supposed to stumble into them by exploring and doing whatever you think looks fun or interesting. Shame it's such a pain for completionist though.
only real problem I have with Odyssey is Peach…she knows why

it was the nail in the coffin used to confirm Daisy, Rosalina, Pauline, and Toadette are the better women

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mario Odyssey is my favourite Mario game.

It has awesome music, the levels all look great, has one of the best ending levels in the 3D series and It has Pauline.

Can't ask for more.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
…you mother ****** of a genius

only real problem I have with Odyssey is Peach…she knows why

it was the nail in the coffin used to confirm Daisy, Rosalina, Pauline, and Toadette are the better women
But Daisy is Luigi's girl, Toadette is Toad's girl, Rosalina is a god, and Pauline is Mario's Sister (I'm sticking to that headcannon).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Not mine unfortunately, if only I could come up with something that clever.
you’ll think of something clever one day
But Daisy is Luigi's girl, Toadette is Toad's girl, Rosalina is a god, and Pauline is Mario's Sister (I'm sticking to that headcannon).
but he and Pauline dated…that’s pretty ew

and just because Daisy/Rosalina/Toadette are all doing things doesn’t mean they have to date Mario to be the best women (no man can hold Daisy down…and all babies can hold Rosa down…and Toadette is literally edible so cannibalism is a possibility)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
80 Stars out of 120. Snowman's Land has not been as BS as some of the other levels before it like Dire Dire Docks, Hazy Maze Cave, Lethal Lava Land, and Shifting Sand Land.... man I hate the basement...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
it’s about time we got news! I hope we learn right out the gate if BDSP has anything new. If not I want to see a lot on legends. Seeing new forms or Pokémon there would be cool.

Outside of that, I think we see more Snap DLC, Unite on mobile, and Detective Pikachu 2.

I’d love to see a remake of XD, Colosseum, Rangers Or Sky.

Although a new mystery dungeon or rangers game would be pretty cool.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
you’ll think of something clever one day

but he and Pauline dated…that’s pretty ew

and just because Daisy/Rosalina/Toadette are all doing things doesn’t mean they have to date Mario to be the best women (no man can hold Daisy down…and all babies can hold Rosa down…and Toadette is literally edible so cannibalism is a possibility)
Nope. Modern DK is the original DK's grandson, so logically modern Mario is the son of Jumpman (gorillas mature to child-producing age faster than humans) and the original Pauline. So logically, if there is a new Pauline in Odyssey, that means she must be a child of the original Pauline (AKA Pauline Jr., have you ever seen a girl with the Jr suffix, even if she was named after her mother?), ipso facto, Mario's Sister.

D

Deleted member

it’s about time we got news! I hope we learn right out the gate if BDSP has anything new. If not I want to see a lot on legends. Seeing new forms or Pokémon there would be cool.

Outside of that, I think we see more Snap DLC, Unite on mobile, and Detective Pikachu 2.

I’d love to see a remake of XD, Colosseum, Rangers Or Sky.

Although a new mystery dungeon or rangers game would be pretty cool.
Oh yeah, was It confirmed if Detective Pikachu on Switch was gonna be a Port or a whole new game?

And yes, I also would love a Pokémon Ranger Remake with motion controls. They could even make a special joycon similar to the Pokeball Plus which looks like the devices the Rangers use.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah, was It confirmed if Detective Pikachu on Switch was gonna be a Port or a whole new game?

And yes, I also would love a Pokémon Ranger Remake with motion controls. They could even make a special joycon similar to the Pokeball Plus which looks like the devices the Rangers use.
It was confirmed to be a sequel that takes a different route than the movie.

The game originally ends with Tim saving the parade like the movie and stopping R, getting Mewtwo’s cells back.

However, even though he sees mewtwo and learns it saved his dad and pikachu in the crash; it is not revealed his dad is the pikachu. The game then ends with Tim promising to continue his quest to find his dad.

So the sequel will continue from there but do something else according to Gamefreak.

D

Deleted member

It was confirmed to be a sequel that takes a different route than the movie.

The game originally ends with Tim saving the parade like the movie and stopping R, getting Mewtwo’s cells back.

However, even though he sees mewtwo and learns it saved his dad and pikachu in the crash; it is not revealed his dad is the pikachu. The game then ends with Tim promising to continue his quest to find his dad.

So the sequel will continue from there but do something else according to Gamefreak.
Oh, that sounds quite cool!

Looking forward to hopefully hearing more news about It then!

Reactions: Z25

Noipoi

Howdy!
Nope. Modern DK is the original DK's grandson, so logically modern Mario is the son of Jumpman (gorillas mature to child-producing age faster than humans) and the original Pauline. So logically, if there is a new Pauline in Odyssey, that means she must be a child of the original Pauline (AKA Pauline Jr., have you ever seen a girl with the Jr suffix, even if she was named after her mother?), ipso facto, Mario's Sister.
No you moron.

After Jumpman died, Pauline started fearing for her own mortality. So she created a homonculus in her image with mushroom-Star magic and transferred her soul into it upon her death in 2003. Why else would she be talking about the events of DK Arcade in Odyssey? In 2014 she ran for Mayor of New Donk, a location in the mushroom dimension that reminded her most of home, and shes been running the place ever since while her sons go on crazy dinosaur turtle adventures. Sometimes she’ll show up for a golf game.

So Mayor Pauline is Mario’s mom, stupid.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why else would she be talking about the events of DK Arcade in Odyssey?
Did she have to be there to talk about it happening? I mean it was a historical event. Unless she actually talks about how she personally was there and that would confuse me because of the whole Cranky Kong, DK Jr, DK thing. Like... Pauline not being any older doesn't make any sense otherwise.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Did she have to be there to talk about it happening? I mean it was a historical event. Unless she actually talks about how she personally was there and that would confuse me because of the whole Cranky Kong, DK Jr, DK thing. Like... Pauline not being any older doesn't make any sense otherwise.
No, she specifically mentions how it happened to her and how it affected her emotional state.

And the true answer is we’re running on cartoon logic, there’s no real timeline here, and they just thought it’d be cool to have a DK throwback world. Which it is, to be fair.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am such a big Pauline fan that I even have her phone number.

I asked her if she could put an answer to the debate and she peacefully told me that I have schizophrenia and needed to take my pills. The Mario series was never real and all this time SEGA was the biggest videogame company in the industry

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No, she specifically mentions how it happened to her and how it affected her emotional state.

And the true answer is we’re running on cartoon logic, there’s no real timeline here, and they just thought it’d be cool to have a DK throwback world. Which it is, to be fair.
I mean it is but this along with the whole “somewhere in another dimension” thing before Donkey Kong Adventure in Kingdom Battle is evidence towards the idea that DKC is not cannon too Mario and that makes me sad. Nintendo making it so the most interesting parts of their world just don’t matter. And I really dislike that. The DKC games are good Nintendo! They matter! Come on!

osby

Smash Obsessed
No you moron.

After Jumpman died, Pauline started fearing for her own mortality. So she created a homonculus in her image with mushroom-Star magic and transferred her soul into it upon her death in 2003. Why else would she be talking about the events of DK Arcade in Odyssey? In 2014 she ran for Mayor of New Donk, a location in the mushroom dimension that reminded her most of home, and shes been running the place ever since while her sons go on crazy dinosaur turtle adventures. Sometimes she’ll show up for a golf game.

So Mayor Pauline in Mario’s mom, stupid.
Fullmetal Alchemist was different than I remember.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean it is but this along with the whole “somewhere in another dimension” thing before Donkey Kong Adventure in Kingdom Battle is evidence towards the idea that DKC is not cannon too Mario and that makes me sad. Nintendo making it so the most interesting parts of their world just don’t matter. And I really dislike that. The DKC games are good Nintendo! They matter! Come on!
No, they’re canon.

The idea is that DK Island and other associated areas are in our world, in some mysterious archipelago untouched by man where monkeys talk. And whenever DK and friends feel like meeting up with the Mario crew for a kart game or something, they hop into a warp pipe to the mushroom dimension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom