• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No, they’re canon.

The idea is that DK Island and other associated areas are in our world, in some mysterious archipelago untouched by man where monkeys talk. And whenever DK and friends feel like meeting up with the Mario crew for a kart game or something, they hop into a warp pipe to the mushroom dimension.
Is that really it? Wow…. Does time like… pass faster on that archipelago or something?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean it is but this along with the whole “somewhere in another dimension” thing before Donkey Kong Adventure in Kingdom Battle is evidence towards the idea that DKC is not cannon too Mario and that makes me sad. Nintendo making it so the most interesting parts of their world just don’t matter. And I really dislike that. The DKC games are good Nintendo! They matter! Come on!
I'm not disagreeing with your point but I can get why Nintendo doesn't focus on worldbuilding in DKC. How many people play those games for the story?

Hell, even in JRPG, writers sometimes ignore or retcon some interesting implications because they have no idea how to write around them.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I still think most of the Mario characters are actors. It's the only logical explanation for why they go kart, party and do sports together in my opinion. Mario 3 supports that theory.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm not disagreeing with your point but I can get why Nintendo doesn't focus on worldbuilding in DKC. How many people play those games for the story?

Hell, even in JRPG, writers sometimes ignore or retcon some interesting implications because they have no idea how to write around them.
Nobody plays these games for the story. BUT having a good or at least consistent story enhances the experience by contextualizing the world you travel through and why you go there. Plus they’re just cool. It’s like having really nice graphics. They aren’t the most important thing in the world, but they are just a nice thing to have.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

So apparently this has been circulating around social media (even though it is hard to tell whether this is true or not) in which this apparently shows the first costume design for Marvel Studios' Disney+ show, Moon Knight. But take it with a grain of salt for now.

In other news, whilst there is a live-action One Piece in the works by Netflix, Ludi Lin (known for his portrayal of Zack in the Power Rangers reboot and Liu Kang in Mortal Kombat) is rumoured to play the role of Roronoa Zoro. I'm not 100% convinced that he would be the ideal choice to be cast as Zoro in my opinion.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
In other news, whilst there is a live-action One Piece in the works by Netflix, Ludi Lin (known for his portrayal of Zack in the Power Rangers reboot and Liu Kang in Mortal Kombat) is rumoured to play the role of Roronoa Zoro. I'm not 100% convinced that he would be the ideal choice to be cast as Zoro in my opinion.
To be fair, I still don't understand the logic behind making a live action adaptation for one of the longest and most cartoonish manga of all time.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Guys remember when Donkey Kong lost Billy Kong in the mines level? It really added a darker depth to the immersive storyline of DKC. I still can't believe that
Diddy Kong was the one that cut the rope that Billy Kong was holding on to because he knew Billy Kong had an explosive Grape Cluster Bomb attached to his back and was gonna blow Donkey Kong? Damn man.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Guys remember when Donkey Kong lost Billy Kong in the mines level? It really added a darker depth to the immersive storyline of DKC. I still can't believe that
Diddy Kong was the one that cut the rope that Billy Kong was holding on to because he knew Billy Kong had an explosive Grape Cluster Bomb attached to his back and was gonna blow Donkey Kong? Damn man.
There’s no need to be a jackass.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Billy Kong is the name of a character from Artemis Fowl. You are making fun of me for wanting a story in a game like that’s some sort of sin. Go lay an egg and suck on it.
I don't see how that has anything to do with what Aurane said. I don't think he was intending anything other than a light joke.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Billy Kong is the name of a character from Artemis Fowl.
I legitimately didn't know what Artemis Fowl was nor did I know there was a guy named Billy Kong in it.

...is it a good movie? Does Billy Kong actually have an explosive strapped to his back?
You are making fun of me for wanting a story in a game like that’s some sort of sin. Go lay an egg and suck on it.
Wait you were the one who wanted a story in DKC? I thought it was Noipoi. If I knew it was you, I wouldn't of made that joke because you don't take those very well. I apologize.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't see how that has anything to do with what Aurane said. I don't think he was intending anything other than a light joke.
I said that while a good story isn’t required for a game like Mario, it certainly does enhance the experience. And then he said this
An obvious exaggerated and over the top version of what I was asking for that obviously didn’t actually happen in the series, making me seem like I was actually asking for that kind of thing to happen in DK and making my opinion seem ridiculous and stupid. Using the name of an Artemis Fowl character clinches it. He was making fun of me. No if’s ands or buts.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I legitimately didn't know what Artemis Fowl was nor did I know there was a guy named Billy Kong in it.

...is it a good movie? Does Billy Kong actually have an explosive strapped to his back?

Wait you were the one who wanted a story in DKC? I thought it was Noipoi. If I knew it was you, I wouldn't of made that joke because you don't take those very well. I apologize.
It… is NOT a good movie AT ALL.

like there’s one scene they actually filmed that’s just… ugh I won’t even describe it

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Idk. I’ve never watched it. I just googled the name, saw it was an Artemis Fowl character, and got mad.

Thank you for apologizing but also I apologize for blowing up. You did not deserve it if what you’re telling me is true.

And like… when I say I want a story in DKC or Mario I only mean on the level of like… a Pixar movie or crash 4.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
User warned
EDIT: Eh, bad joke with a bad timing, move on.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

like there’s one scene they actually filmed that’s just… ugh I won’t even describe it
If its the one I’m thinking, wasn’t that part like ironically one of the few parts of the book they actually adapted properly?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

So apparently this has been circulating around social media (even though it is hard to tell whether this is true or not) in which this apparently shows the first costume design for Marvel Studios' Disney+ show, Moon Knight. But take it with a grain of salt for now.

This is probably real considering people are having their posts removed for copyright issues.

Meaning it’s probably marvel taking them down. Costume looks pretty damn good though. I loved that they got the white glow in there and the mummy like design really works well.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Well thank God I don't watch movies then. Everyone knows movies are spying on you. You watch that movie and think those eyes are looking at the camera? No, they're looking at you and are trying to confirm your information via sight. One look into your soul and your credit card information is stolen. The Avengers did it to me. I was watching it but then Captain America told Hulk to smash and when Hulk smiled, I felt a small part of my wallet disappear. Its a serious issue and I've been saying this for years.

D

Deleted member

All book to movie adaptations are bad, actually.

Except for Diary of a Wimpy Kid until the changed Rodrick. #NotMyRodrick.

Ok, but seriously, this one is unironic for the most part.
Rodrick was incredible in the first three movies, I completely agree.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well thank God I don't watch movies then. Everyone knows movies are spying on you. You watch that movie and think those eyes are looking at the camera? No, they're looking at you and are trying to confirm your information via sight. One look into your soul and your credit card information is stolen. The Avengers did it to me. I was watching it but then Captain America told Hulk to smash and when Hulk smiled, I felt a small part of my wallet disappear. Its a serious issue and I've been saying this for years.
CAPTAIN AMERICA IS A RED SPY.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Me actually trying to write something romantic in my story be like:

1628876129149.png

1628876249035.png

How the **** do I this without it being cringe.

All book to movie adaptations are bad, actually.

Except for Diary of a Wimpy Kid until the changed Rodrick. #NotMyRodrick.

Ok, but seriously, this one is unironic for the most part.
Holes.

That was decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom