• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hmm…. Between Phoenix Wright, Apollo Justice, and the guy from The Great Ace Attorney… we are only one short of being able to go full hero with a potential Phoenix Wright Smash inclusion…. is there a good fourth option there?

osby

Smash Obsessed

I am Freezerburn Freezerburn The Watcher. I always watch, but I never interfere. It is my job to always look at all the multiverse, and keep notice of everything and everyone which happens.
So join me, as we take a look at the multiverse and we dare to answer the question... What If...?

:ultmario::"That will-a hold them alrighty! Hehehe!"

The year is 1965, Warner Brothers is about to release a new Bugs Bunny cartoon... But sadly in this reality they lost all resources for drawing the character in their animations. As such, they decided to take a risk: find a new mascot. And so, a really young man called Miyamoto popped into the studios and presented them the character of Jumpman, who is always messing around with his rival Donkey Kong.
The higher ups loved the idea, but decided to do some changes to be more wider to audiences. Jumpman would become Mario, and DK would be replaced by Bowser (with the former going to star in his own shorts).

The short which would debut Mario became strongly popular, and the character became an instant hit with all ages. He would Star in commercials, movies and even a collaboration with popular basketball player Shaquille O Neal.

Years later, the internet would go back onto the funny form Mario took in his debut short and turn It into a meme, they would go on to call It El Gran Pasta.

This, has been just one of the many multiverses which are there to visit. Stay well, and we will soon meet again to once again ask the question... What If...?

Hopefully someone does read It.
The future of ****posting is here.

Jokes aside, this sounds like a pretty fun alternate universe.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nope. Modern DK is the original DK's grandson, so logically modern Mario is the son of Jumpman (gorillas mature to child-producing age faster than humans) and the original Pauline. So logically, if there is a new Pauline in Odyssey, that means she must be a child of the original Pauline (AKA Pauline Jr., have you ever seen a girl with the Jr suffix, even if she was named after her mother?), ipso facto, Mario's Sister.
…well I guess everyone else finished their discussions, so…I guess all I can say is Pauline and Mario are still in their early 20s that continued their friendship after DK via Mario v DK series and Odyssey (should’ve stuck with her instead of going to Peach)
It… is NOT a good movie AT ALL.

like there’s one scene they actually filmed that’s just… ugh I won’t even describe it
the book is pretty good at least
EDIT: Eh, bad joke with a bad timing, move on.
my condolences to your comment and for the warning
CAPTAIN AMERICA IS A RED SPY.
This is even more ironic given that Red Skull is his mortal enemy.
Hydra Cap approved
What is love?

Come on, you know the lyrics.
It’s like a dagger

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hmm…. Between Phoenix Wright, Apollo Justice, and the guy from The Great Ace Attorney… we are only one short of being able to go full hero with a potential Phoenix Wright Smash inclusion…. is there a good fourth option there?
Just make Athena a fourth alt at that point, if you're going that far with the costume characters.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
OK MooMew64 MooMew64 . For my platformer marathon I want to marathon all the Banjo-Kazooie games, including Grunty's Revenge. But that game has never been re-released in any way so I need to emulate it. My wii already has the homebrew channel installed on it. So I just need a good website to get the rom from without downloading a virus, and a guide to getting it onto my Wii and playable.
Hmm, well, emulating through Homebrew is a bit outside my area of expertise. I usually run through PC for access to ROM Hacks and access to visual filters to help make the game look the way it did back in the day. I've still yet to Homebrew yet: I probably will soon, though. Wanna start making my own rips instead of downloading all the time, as finding stuff is a bit of a pain nowadays.

If I might recommend a PC emulator the Banjo games, might I suggest RetroArch? In all of my testing, RetroArch utilizing the parallel core is simply the best way to emulate N64: It has plugins and combinations with visual filters that will get you a near 1:1 replica of how it would look playing on OG hardware back in the day.

As for downloading ROMs...I regret to say, I cannot really help here. My collection is sourced from one of my brothers, and the methods of obtaining them, while not illegal to download yourself for personal use, start to become a bit legally YABE when it comes to sharing with others.

Plus, I don't think mods would want to me to detail sources anyways, even in DMs. as that's how sites start getting nuked by Nintendo, lol.

Hope this was helpful: If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! I love discussing this stuff, as personal back ups and personal-use emulation are a great hobby of mine.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Someone needs to tell Nintendo Life that they can write a positive review about a game without calling it Zelda.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
mGBA is what I use when not using RetroArch.

Stay away from Virtual Boy Advanced (VBA), though, it has a security vulnerability.
Does it hurt your system? I’ve used it for sometime now and nothing bad seems to have happened, but I’ll switch just incase.

edit: okay so VBA-M may actually have this issue fixed if it’s about the ELF stuff or whatever, time to make sure I got the right version.

edit 2: mGBA definitely sounds better though, I'm gonna try it too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh god, I'm so excited for tomorrow because the final episode of the first half of Owl House's second season is airing.

Here's hoping that this one brings up even more awesome moments, although It will be tough to top Lumity becoming canon and the fight between Hunter and Amity.
Also gonna look forward to how TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 Freezerburn Freezerburn and anybody else here who watches the show will react to It.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Story writing is hard.

Trying to do stuff like exposition but trying to explain all the lore you have made in three years and different characters who were made at different times. Don't even know if I'll ever seriously consider getting it put forward to a publisher.

Only now really getting the hand of making all my characters talk different.

…well…we still have The Rock
Rocks can't wash themselves. /s

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Does it hurt your system? I’ve used it for sometime now and nothing bad seems to have happened, but I’ll switch just incase.

edit: okay so VBA-M may actually have this issue fixed if it’s about the ELF stuff or whatever, time to make sure I got the right version.

edit 2: mGBA definitely sounds better though, I'm gonna try it too.
From EmulationWiki:

There's a huge ACE vulnerability affecting VBA and most of its forks, except for VBA-M. The function for adding GameShark codes ("Import > Gameshark code file") doesn't check if the file's size is within 1024 kilobits, meaning cheat code files from dubious sources can be engineered with malware in mind. There is good news; VBA-M still doesn't do a sanity check for those files, but it just crashes instead of letting the code wreak havoc. So, depending on your use case, avoid using:

1. Cheat code files bigger than 1024Kb that you got online from untrustworthy sources.
  2. The import code files feature.
  3. The old emulator altogether, and settle for other options like mGBA or VBA-M. All of them support the same SRAM save data the cartridge uses.
Would probably be best to move to RetroArc or mGBA IMO.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
MooMew64 MooMew64 A certain omocat has drawn fanart for a certain game.

Also Metal Shop X Metal Shop X some doodles from the Omori team.

Omocat is ****ing based.

Those drawing are amazing & seeing her draw best robot girl & best cat prove it.

Thank you alot for the tag, buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom