• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
especially in real life I remember when some shlub thought he could come up and threaten me and I punched him In the stomach turns out I got a crit and he suffered massive internal bleeding, knives need a balance patch though those things are broken.
Knives are balanced, you just need a long range weapon. Like a handgun.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I wonder when we're getting Pokémon news, it's taking them forever.

Like, for real, they keep doing all these Pokémon releases and merchandise announcements and still new Remake or Arceus news.

Guys...Do you think...GameFrEAk lied...?

:079:

D

Deleted member

That depends.

Was he also more excited for The Suicide Squad than Shang-Chi or any other MCU movie releasing this year?
I was really hyped for What If? and really liked Falcon & The Winter Soldier, but since those are shows then It isn't enough data.

We need to look for... More clues

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hmm, well, emulating through Homebrew is a bit outside my area of expertise. I usually run through PC for access to ROM Hacks and access to visual filters to help make the game look the way it did back in the day. I've still yet to Homebrew yet: I probably will soon, though. Wanna start making my own rips instead of downloading all the time, as finding stuff is a bit of a pain nowadays.

If I might recommend a PC emulator the Banjo games, might I suggest RetroArch? In all of my testing, RetroArch utilizing the parallel core is simply the best way to emulate N64: It has plugins and combinations with visual filters that will get you a near 1:1 replica of how it would look playing on OG hardware back in the day.

As for downloading ROMs...I regret to say, I cannot really help here. My collection is sourced from one of my brothers, and the methods of obtaining them, while not illegal to download yourself for personal use, start to become a bit legally YABE when it comes to sharing with others.

Plus, I don't think mods would want to me to detail sources anyways, even in DMs. as that's how sites start getting nuked by Nintendo, lol.

Hope this was helpful: If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! I love discussing this stuff, as personal back ups and personal-use emulation are a great hobby of mine.
Except I already own Rare Replay. I need to emulate the GBA game.
Just make Athena a fourth alt at that point, if you're going that far with the costume characters.
Kind of surprised the answer I got wasn’t Edgeworth. Didn’t he get his own spin-off?

MooMew64

Except I already own Rare Replay. I need to emulate the GBA game.
Oh, drat, my bad, I saw Banjo and my mind defaulted to N64, my mistake.

Then as TheMightyP TheMightyP said, mGBA is a good choice. RetroArc also has cores for the GBA as well if you're interested, but mGBA should be a bit more plug'n play.

D

Deleted member

Only thing I'm not ready for is the giant backlash of FP11 from half the community

Whoever it is someone is gonna have a problem
We could be getting Master Chief, Kratos or even Gordon Freeman and a lot of people would still be mad, lol.

I'll probably just be celebrating with my IRL friends and close Discord servers while I wait for the whole chaos to unfold.

D

Deleted member

Ultimate spoiling us was a disaster for the greater gaming community.
Yeah, now we have people asking for stuff like Smash Kart, PSASBR2 and other weird crossover stuff.

Even though all of those could easily backfire if they aren't given to the proper people, just like Jump Force did.

MooMew64

yeah I'm definitely gonna use mGBA now, even if VBA-M has it fixed mGBA seems nicer.

I'll try RetroArc sometime too since the filters you mentioned sound cool.
CRT filter, tube TV filter, NTSC filters, topped off with the Angry Lion plugins and N64 looks like a beauty of RetroArc. It's so cool.

Takes a bit of learning, though. Feel free to DM or tag me if you get stuck on something.

Ultimate spoiling us was a disaster for the greater gaming community.
Ohohohohooooo, man, just you wait for next Smash.

Community's reaction to "Everyone is Here!" not being feasible again is gonna be a time, hoo boy. Smash'll get it's very on Dex Cut controversy! Fun!!

reactionsad.jpg

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
CRT filter, tube TV filter, NTSC filters, topped off with the Angry Lion plugins and N64 looks like a beauty of RetroArc. It's so cool.

Takes a bit of learning, though. Feel free to DM or tag me if you get stuck on something.

Ohohohohooooo, man, just you wait for next Smash.

Community's reaction to "Everyone is Here!" not being feasible again is gonna be a time, hoo boy. Smash'll get it's very on Dex Cut controversy! Fun!!

SAKURAI LIED

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I know they probably won't, but for the next game why couldn't they just port Ultimate with new modes and characters? Then no one has to get cut again.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm still thinking that the last character reveal for Smash will likely be revealed next month.

Anyways, I kept thinking of what the next Marvel Vs Capcom title should cover upon with its story/concept? In which I kept on thinking maybe they could do something with the Multiverse between both the Marvel and Capcom universes?

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
In Shantae: Risky’s Revenge, where’s the Elephant transformation and the Monkey Dash?

MooMew64

Shroob Shroob

For laughs and giggles, I read a general synopsis and other articles of where Doctor Who is right now. Haven't watched since Clara died, thought I'd see what happened:

Capaldi saying: "Yes, yes I know they'll get it all wrong without me. " really was a prophecy in disguise, huh.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So this drawing had an interesting history

So, I wanted to base this off her Link to the Past sprite, this one
1628889459669.png

Or something like this. Well, lets say that it was actually harder to do than Link because things were a bit... ambigous. In the end, I took some creative liberties to what I believed what the sprite looked like. I checked the Spriters Rescource to get a good feel, and this is the end product.
ZeldaToThePast (1).png

So **** it, Zelda's black now. Thanks for your support, I liked how she turned out
Noipoi Noipoi , Metal Shop X Metal Shop X MooMew64 MooMew64 Shroob Shroob and anyone else because I didn't wanna tag more, here's Zelda with some creative liberties.
And here's the cast so far
TwoThePast.png

D

Deleted member

View attachment 326248
Or something like this. Well, lets say that it was actually harder to do than Link because things were a bit... ambigous. In the end, I took some creative liberties to what I believed what the sprite looked like. I checked the Spriters Rescource to get a good feel, and this is the end product.
View attachment 326249
So **** it, Zelda's black now. Thanks for your support, I liked how she turned out
Noipoi Noipoi , Metal Shop X Metal Shop X MooMew64 MooMew64 Shroob Shroob and anyone else because I didn't wanna tag more, here's Zelda with some creative liberties.
View attachment 326251
Oh god, she looks amazing!

I do like the idea of a black Zelda, and I feel the approach you gave to her turned out quite incredible!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
A life lesson
joel back 2.gif

Bruh

Unexpected, but still work well imo.

Good job.

Noipoi

Howdy!

View attachment 326248
View attachment 326249
View attachment 326251
Aw she’s cute!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh god, I'm so excited for tomorrow because the final episode of the first half of Owl House's second season is airing.

Here's hoping that this one brings up even more awesome moments, although It will be tough to top Lumity becoming canon and the fight between Hunter and Amity.
Also gonna look forward to how TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 @Freezerburn and anybody else here who watches the show will react to It.
I’ll just flip my **** early in the morning, forgetting that I’ll have watched the mid season finale before everybody else and impatiently awaiting for more people to watch and **** flip with me

Disney on Demand is always a benefit
I was gonna post this hours ago…but then I got distracted by Neon Genesis Evangelion movies…

therefore Noipoi wins the internet for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom