• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Man, ain’t no one gonna see this cuz it’s 3 AM but that’s okay cuz this is gonna be mushy garbage anyway.

My family’s been really stressing me out recently, so when I hop onto this bum website and just get to laugh with you goobers, it really helps Y’know?

So thanks, I guess.
Anything to help out a fellow friend!

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Really looking forward to seeing more about Legends Arceus. I'm particularly interested in what the structure for the game will end up being since we know nothing on it. My biggest fear is that it'll end up just being "catch Pokemon until we tell you to go fight Arceus." Ideally it'd be you going to gyms (or an equivalent) in any order you choose, to truly let you forge whatever team and adventure you want.

Also really hoping we get some cool movement stuff. Flying would probably be a bit OP but at least riding around on a Pokemon would be awesome.
I mean, you're exploring untamed wilderness so gyms probably won't be a thing, but if there's any game where bringing Totem Pokemon back would be appropriate, it'd be this one.

Just maybe call them something different.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Really looking forward to seeing more about Legends Arceus. I'm particularly interested in what the structure for the game will end up being since we know nothing on it. My biggest fear is that it'll end up just being "catch Pokemon until we tell you to go fight Arceus." Ideally it'd be you going to gyms (or an equivalent) in any order you choose, to truly let you forge whatever team and adventure you want.

Also really hoping we get some cool movement stuff. Flying would probably be a bit OP but at least riding around on a Pokemon would be awesome.
I mean, according to that leak, riding Pokemon will be a thing, but we'll see if it comes to pass.

D

Deleted member

All I hope about Legends Arceus is that they polished the framerate.
Because the original trailer did have some worriesome slowdowns at times.

Also wanna see some stuff about the DP remakes, as apparently the Switch Oled trailer showed glimpses of what seems to be visual tweaks.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
All I hope about Legends Arceus is that they polished the framerate.
Because the original trailer did have some worriesome slowdowns at times.

Also wanna see some stuff about the DP remakes, as apparently the Switch Oled trailer showed glimpses of what seems to be visual tweaks.
I saw that immediately when it was first revealed, most notably on a Chingling that looked like a Youtube video when you go down to 2 bars of quality. Hope that improves.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
For now I'm skipping BDSP. I like Gen 4, but until I see how different these remakes are compared to the original I'm not interested. Plus, my friends seem to be done with Pokémon, so I can't use one of my favorite aspects of these games.
I'm cautiously excited for Legends Arceus though.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Prediction: Pokemon fans are gonna hate it and everything Pokemon. And then they'll preorder the game to tell you how bad it is.
"Guys, I found this one NPC in ****ing Medieval Jubilife City that says generic NPC dialogue like "Hold B to run" and "To access your bag, use your options menu". Smh, when will Nintendo learn, 0/10 bad game"

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Real talk though, it kind of sucks how drowned in negativity the Pokemon fanbase has been.

I already have enough stressers in my life and Pokemon has been one of my main escapes since I was little. But I can't interact with the fanbase much anymore because negativity is contagious and a lot of the fanbase will just make me feel bad.

I know its not fair to expect all pokemon fans to be happy, especially when some critisms are pretty valid, but I wish more people knew how to express their dislike for something without being overly pessimistic or cynical about it.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Real talk though, it kind of sucks how drowned in negativity the Pokemon fanbase has been.

I already have enough stressers in my life and Pokemon has been one of my main escapes since I was little. But I can't interact with the fanbase much anymore because negativity is contagious and a lot of the fanbase will just make me feel bad.

I know its not fair to expect all pokemon fans to be happy, especially when some critisms are pretty valid, but I wish more people knew how to express their dislike for something without being overly pessimistic or cynical about it.
I tried going on r/pokemon sometimes, it's either extremely negative or people posting their pretty cool art and ****. It's a 75/25 on negativity to positivity from what I've seen.

D

Deleted member

I feel ya, and sadly the negativity is expanding into other fandoms.

The LEGO fandom right now for example, things have gotten quite bad over there ever since MandRProductions became strongly relevant in the LEGO Star Wars community.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Constant negativity is quite unhealty in general, and it's sadly quite common in big fandom these days.

That's why I been trying to get into smaller community.' cuz while it's not all shine or rainbow, or even much going on at time, when it's small, there's generally alot less drama and it's much more balanced discussion wise, instead of being all "THIS GAME ****ING SUCK **** AND I HATE THE PEOPLES WHO ENJOY IT" or the like.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Wayforward does make large bazooms. Even on the game boy color. But that’s ok. Melons are just a part of the human anatomy that a lot of people have and some other people like looking at. No harm no fowl.
Even big game companies like Capcom and Square Enix are guilty of making characters with large melons. It’s still okay, even then,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom