• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Who was Joe Merrick? (this isn't a Joe Mama joke, I genuiely don't remember who they were).
The founder of Serebii.net, one of the best sites for Pokémon information. He’s basically the Pokémon superfan.

He gets treated like **** by the fanbase cuz he defends the games. And sometimes he may come off as a little snooty, I admit. But he does so much for the community, and just because he doesn’t hop on the gate bandwagon he gets death threats. Cuz Pokémon fans are awful.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Me neither.

I hope It is someone who can finally make people stop giving a thing about "insiders" and "leakers".
Because even after Vergeben kept saying that Master Chief would be revealed for Smash at E3 and even after every insider turned out to be wrong about the Switch "Pro", people for some reason still take their words for anything.
I've pretty much avoided anything regarding leaks from insiders as sometimes I just want to feel surprised.

Anyways, I've finally had the chance to watch the first episode of What If on Disney+:

So I'm to assume that the tentacles of this particular fiend is Shuma Gorath? But it will be interesting to see how Captain Carter links with the upcoming episodes.

Also see that Venom: Let There Be Carnage's release date has been delayed to October.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
If they can't make It a platformer due to balancing issues (Mario being a way slower character than Sonic and such), then they could just go for something similar to Mario & Luigi.
Nah man I thought of that.

There would be two level styles, Mario levels and Sonic levels. Mario levels are slower paced, and you’re encouraged to solve puzzles and collect items. While Sonic levels of course are blazing fast, though there’s still elements of exploration. And sometimes the Mario levels will have the Sonic artstyle with Badniks and the like, and vice versa.

D

Deleted member

The founder of Serebii.net, one of the best sites for Pokémon information. He’s basically the Pokémon superfan.

He gets treated like **** by the fanbase cuz he defends the games. And sometimes he may come off as a little snooty, I admit. But he does so much for the community, and just because he doesn’t hop on the gate bandwagon he gets death threats. Cuz Pokémon fans are awful.
Oh, sounds like a neat person.

And yeah, It seems awful that Pokémon fans hate him just for being seemingly passionate about the stuff he likes.
That would be like hating someone such as Nitro Rad or Jangbricks just for wanting to make calm and comfy videos about the stuff they like (videogames and LEGO respectively).

Nah man I thought of that.

There would be two level styles, Mario levels and Sonic levels. Mario levels are slower paced, and you’re encouraged to solve puzzles and collect items. While Sonic levels of course are blazing fast, though there’s still elements of exploration. And sometimes the Mario levels will have the Sonic artstyle with Badniks and the like, and vice versa.
Oh, that actually does sound like a great idea, ngl.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I've pretty much avoided anything regarding leaks from insiders as sometimes I just want to feel surprised.

Anyways, I've finally had the chance to watch the first episode of What If on Disney+:

So I'm to assume that the tentacles of this particular fiend is Shuma Gorath? But it will be interesting to see how Captain Carter links with the upcoming episodes.

Also see that Venom: Let There Be Carnage's release date has been delayed to October.
I think that the tentacles at the end were just a mere nod to Cthulu, although I could be wrong.

Also dear lord, can companies stop releasing or moving out stuff to my birthday month? At this pace The Pokémon Company will start releasing games in October instead of November.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Double post
Alright, that's 64 stars with Bob-omb Battlefield - Shifting Sand Land cleared 100%. Including the 100 coin stars. As well as 9 of the castle's secret stars. Gotta say though, not a fan of how I can't finish Dire Dire Docks without beating Bowser first, but I can't fight Bowser until you get the first star in Dire Dire Docks. That's gonna murder my OCD. But I'm more than halfway to Yoshi so that's nice.

Yeah man Sonic’s gotta save the Sprixie Princesses from Meowggman.
You know what I mean. A simpler Genesis level plot, Team Sonic (+Amy) must stop Eggman. Co-op gameplay. Unique character abilities more for the sake of having a preferred playstyle than needing to use them to access secrets. A lineup of powerups useable by every character. Simple high speed co-op fun.

D

Deleted member

Everyone gangsta until I open my eyes in the middle of nowhere and the first thing I notice is Noipoi's epic voice saying "wake up Cabrera, we got a game pitch to sell" while he takes off his sunglasses.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I seriouly can't be the first or only one that's notcied when playing Pokemoj Unite Professor Phorus' facial expressions, like she doesn't want to be there, or that Erbie looks like Lucio?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
You know what would be fun? Mario 3D World but with Sonic. A high speed 3D co-op game where you can play as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy, each with their own unique abilities. I would like that.
It’d have to be split screen, i can’t imagine a co-op high speed game working well sharing one screen

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Dunno about Riverdele but I can’t stand Riverdale
EE720D1E-23E7-40B2-B941-19A90584F76D.jpeg

Nintendo, Sega, babe. Call me up sometime.

I got ideas:101:
Why did I read this in a seductive, Duke Nukem-esque voice in my head
Because that’s how you’re supposed to read it.
…I read this in Bayonetta’s voice
6598930E-052A-4375-9A9B-E854AA4F5F7F.gif

…there’s no full context to this gif…I just wanted to use a Bayo gif that this damn website would allow

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’m sorry but the show is hot garbage. I couldn’t get past the first couple seasons. I’ve only watched clips of it afterwards because I’m curious how further insane the writing and dialogue has gotten but I can’t stomach a full episode anymore. I honestly don’t know how anyone can enjoy the show unironically and it sure as hell isn’t what I want out of the Archie series.

Shroob

Sup?
I’m sorry but the show is hot garbage. I couldn’t get past the first couple seasons. I’ve only watched clips of it afterwards because I’m curious how further insane the writing and dialogue has gotten but I can’t stomach a full episode anymore. I honestly don’t know how anyone can enjoy the show unironically and it sure as hell isn’t what I want out of the Archie series.
^This

My sister loves the show, and like, as someone who grew up with the comics, to the point of begging my mom to take me to vintage book stores so I could find surviving, old comics, I was like ".....this is Archie?"

D

Deleted member

I haven't seen anything of Riverdale besides trailers but yeah, It doesn't look that promising.

Sadly doh, It doesn't seem as awful as that Winx Club reboot Netflix did... Oh boy did that one feel bad.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
No.

It’s a high school drama so ridiculous it could be called parody even though it takes itself to 100% seriously with the names of Archie characters stapled onto it.
It’s a comedy where the humor comes from the characters not realizing it’s a comedy.

Honestly, you could drop the Archie branding and nothing substantial would change. It’s just that disconnected from the source material. Hell I even heard the creator of Riverdale doesn’t even like the Archie series in the first place.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It’s a comedy where the humor comes from the characters not realizing it’s a comedy.

Honestly, you could drop the Archie branding and nothing substantial would change. It’s just that disconnected from the source material. Hell I even heard the creator of Riverdale doesn’t even like the Archie series in the first place.
Even a comedy writer trying to be ridiculous wouldn’t get as ridiculous as this show.

That’s how you know it’s sincere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom