• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There's nothing inherently wrong with it as far as phone games go, I'm just opposed to the idea of adding "The new hot thing" in when there are older, frankly bigger and more iconic games in the field.

Like, FGO is right there, would just need to wiggle past how xenophobic it is to other series. That, and Nintendo's personally worked with Cygames, so Granblue or Dragalia.
Nintendo actually partly owns Dragalia. I'd honestly expect Euden to be our first gatcha phone game character. He is low key on my radar for the final fighter.

Shroob

Sup?
Nintendo actually partly owns Dragalia. I'd honestly expect Euden to be our first gatcha phone game character. He is low key on my radar for the final fighter.
Would be weird as hell though.

The game's barely keeping its head above water. I know someone who actually works on it due to my Granblue guild and apparently stuff behind the scenes is not beuno.

D

Deleted member

I am divided with Euden because on one hand Dragalia Lost isn't officially available in Europe and that could lead to really low interest from the European market.

But on the other hand, they added Marth and Roy to Smash way before the West got any Fire Emblem game, so idk.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Would be weird as hell though.

The game's barely keeping its head above water. I know someone who actually works on it due to my Granblue guild and apparently stuff behind the scenes is not beuno.
So maybe they think adding Euden to Smash would help push the game and get people playing again? Just a thought.

Shroob

Sup?
So maybe they think adding Euden to Smash would help push the game and get people playing again? Just a thought.
Well, as JD mentioned, the game's not even available in Europe, which instantly alienates a huge amount of players. Marth and Roy were added in Melee sure, but Fire Emblem eventually became global. Dragalia has a 0% chance of being available in Europe.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna go study chinese this year, and the next one if things keep going so well I'm going back to college.

Hopefully the toxic and insane girl who made me have to drop out is as far away from me as possible by then.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, as JD mentioned, the game's not even available in Europe, which instantly alienates a huge amount of players. Marth and Roy were added in Melee sure, but Fire Emblem eventually became global. Dragalia has a 0% chance of being available in Europe.
Fair point. I wouldn't be so.... attached(?).... to the idea if Nintendo didn't partly own the damn thing. Like.... Nintendo created Splatoon, it got into Smash, Nintendo created Arms, it got into Smash. Nintendo created Dragalia Lost.... do the math.

It's certainly one of the last characters I think has a chance of showing up, like Euden doesn't even make my top 10 most likeliest. I just think it's worth keeping in the back of our minds.

Shroob

Sup?
Fair point. I wouldn't be so.... attached(?).... to the idea if Nintendo didn't partly own the damn thing. Like.... Nintendo created Splatoon, it got into Smash, Nintendo created Arms, it got into Smash. Nintendo created Dragalia Lost.... do the math.

It's certainly one of the last characters I think has a chance of showing up, like Euden doesn't even make my top 10 most likeliest. I just think it's worth keeping in the back of our minds.
I mean, Nintendo's created a lot of series.

If you want something to stew on, consider Rhythm Heaven was THIS close to getting a character in Smash 4, and then.... nothing, not even in Ultimate.

TheDiscordModerator

Banned via Warnings
crash fans are very mad. they’re the most annoying character fans on twitter. nothing against the character himself, but crash has been ruined for me by his twitter fanbase.

D

Deleted member

crash fans are very mad. they’re the most annoying character fans on twitter. nothing against the character himself, but crash has been ruined for me by his twitter fanbase.
Could almost say the same for Dante but luckily the non-Smash DMC fans I've met turned out to be really chill and comfy people, so yeah.

Ace Attorney fans doh, those are like flipping a coin. Some are fine but then you have that one who owned a server and told me europeans didn't deserve human rights.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I got dogpiled by Doomguy fans once because I said I don't think he's a shoo-in. With one character left, I feel pretty confident about that prediction.
Smash Twitter is hell on earth

D

Deleted member

I got dogpiled by Doomguy fans once because I said I don't think he's a shoo-in. With one character left, I feel pretty confident about that prediction.
Smash Twitter is hell on earth
I used to have really bad experiences with Doom fans in the past (I still can't stand one in this site in specific in fact).

But thankfully the ones I have met recently did turn out to be way better people. So I'm thankful for that.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I used to have really bad experiences with Doom fans in the past (I still can't stand one in this site in specific in fact).

But thankfully the ones I have met recently did turn out to be way better people. So I'm thankful for that.
I honestly just don't really care about Doomguy. I'm not an FPS guy but with Master Chief being a somewhat realistic possibility I cannot for the life of me find a reason to give a ****.

D

Deleted member

Doom Guy is cool, don't think he's getting in though

Not a single clue who the last character really is lol
Me neither.

I hope It is someone who can finally make people stop giving a thing about "insiders" and "leakers".
Because even after Vergeben kept saying that Master Chief would be revealed for Smash at E3 and even after every insider turned out to be wrong about the Switch "Pro", people for some reason still take their words for anything.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
“CW” and “good content” do not belong in the same sentence
you definitely never saw Stargirl or Superman and Lois
I would but I’m nervous about it. Like… I don’t want it to be serious edge and like…. I’m done with the DC CW shows. Flash, Supergirl, Legends, all of that burnt me out hard.
Trust me, the 2 shows I just said above you are nothing like the other CW shows, especially since they have an extremely higher budget. Stargirl got to keep their superior ways despite coming off of the now half dead DC Universe streaming service, while Superman/Lois casually got the same budget as that show (and the acting + action is actually amazing compared to the rest of it makes you feel better). Also neither show are edgy if that’s the biggest issue. Closest thing to serious and edgy from either show would be Clark’s son who had to deal with some mental health problems mixed in with superpowers (but he managed to overcome those…and get a lover at that…also Injustice cause the game is canon to the world). As for Stargirl…best amount of edge and seriousness there is a ****ty father who left years ago (and isn’t an abused…just a guy who didn’t want to parent) and Solomon Grundy if that counts as edgy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom