• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
One small annoyance I need to throw out somewhere. Don't know if people say this in other places.

When people say down when they are going somewhere but the town is actually north. Or people saying going up to when the town is south. I don't get it.

Actually, all Twitter polls are bad.
Using Twitter for anything other than finding fanart is bad.

Me neither.

I hope It is someone who can finally make people stop giving a thing about "insiders" and "leakers".
Because even after Vergeben kept saying that Master Chief would be revealed for Smash at E3 and even after every insider turned out to be wrong about the Switch "Pro", people for some reason still take their words for anything.
Haven't been much in the smash speculation since Pyra/Mythra got announced but I do hope you're right. Really hating the attempted leaks by the bloke and surprised he hasn't gotten caught yet.

Personally as long as it's a new universe and is one I'm on alright/like terms with, I don't mind who it is. Advance Wars, Atelier, Yakuza, Ys/Trails, Fate, Rhythm Heaven etc. Just give us a new universe with a cool stage and character.

Yo?
Eh, I'm probably one of the few who was never into GTA. It was fun as a wee ****knob of a 10 year old but now just don't like it.

That being said if it does sell and a remake of Red Dead Redemption happens then I'll be excited. Latter was always more enjoyable than the former IMO.

D

Deleted member

Help, I saw just one video of the Jojo Stone Ocean theme and now half of my YouTube reccomendations are Jojo.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So off topic but uh, one of the most random ****ing things I've ever related to Smash. (Don't know if it got posted here already).

So Masahiro Sakurai is going to appear on Harada's talk show as a special guest in a few days or something. Means we might get to hear a bit about behind the scenes stuff on how Kazuya got into Smash Bros and a bit more of the process.

And well Sakurai in the bath is a thing.

This'll be fun to watch and for us into Smash Bros might be worth a look. So I was right in a prediction. Just pretty late and in a different way.

D

Deleted member

So off topic but uh, one of the most random ****ing things I've ever related to Smash. (Don't know if it got posted here already).

So Masahiro Sakurai is going to appear on Harada's talk show as a special guest in a few days or something. Means we might get to hear a bit about behind the scenes stuff on how Kazuya got into Smash Bros and a bit more of the process.

This'll be fun to watch and for us into Smash Bros might be worth a look. So I was right in a prediction. Just pretty late and in a different way.
I lived long enough to be able to say "I saw Sakurai taking a bath in his bathroom"...

...why

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Was struggling quite alot today with drawing a certain character legs, but thanks to my big sis help - who help me alot in general when it come to drawing & other stuff - I think I been able to more or less it nail it for today.

Still a pain in the ass to work on lol.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
One small annoyance I need to throw out somewhere. Don't know if people say this in other places.

When people say down when they are going somewhere but the town is actually north. Or people saying going up to when the town is south. I don't get it.

Using Twitter for anything other than finding fanart is bad.

Haven't been much in the smash speculation since Pyra/Mythra got announced but I do hope you're right. Really hating the attempted leaks by the bloke and surprised he hasn't gotten caught yet.

Personally as long as it's a new universe and is one I'm on alright/like terms with, I don't mind who it is. Advance Wars, Atelier, Yakuza, Ys/Trails, Fate, Rhythm Heaven etc. Just give us a new universe with a cool stage and character.

Eh, I'm probably one of the few who was never into GTA. It was fun as a wee ****knob of a 10 year old but now just don't like it.

That being said if it does sell and a remake of Red Dead Redemption happens then I'll be excited. Latter was always more enjoyable than the former IMO.
For you

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

The bathtub?

He’s in!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nope but that’s still only like two shows out of like…I dunno, I just haven’t found a lot to like on the CW
and now you’ve heard of 2 (3 if you like Supernatural or Riverdele or 100…5 if you were to like both)

D

Deleted member

Everyone gangsta until Nintendo releases a 24 hours livestream of Pikmin scenaries put alongside the sounds of "Enviromental Noises"

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know what would be fun? Mario 3D World but with Sonic. A high speed 3D co-op game where you can play as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy, each with their own unique abilities. I would like that.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
You know what would be fun? Mario 3D World but with Sonic. A high speed 3D co-op game where you can play as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy, each with their own unique abilities. I would like that.
It didn't have coop or other playable characters but Lost World is kinda-sorta-similar to what you want.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I wanted to practice a technique that Kellen Goff uses for his creature/monster noises, so I recorded a few conceptual voice lines for if Mimikyu were playable in Smash! :drshrug:
Noipoi Noipoi pspsps

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It didn't have coop or other playable characters but Lost World is kinda-sorta-similar to what you want.
Considering Co-Op and other playable characters was the entire reason I wanted a game like this..... yeah no.

Also, as someone who has played all the way through both games, how are they similar at all except by being on the Wii U and having a startling lack of creativity?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Considering Co-Op and other playable characters was the entire reason I wanted a game like this..... yeah no.

Also, as someone who has played all the way through both games, how are they similar at all except by being on the Wii U and having a startling lack of creativity?
Both utilize a top-down-ish camera and the level design between the two can be a bit similar. Theming is also pretty similar to me.

Granted, Lost World has a bit more in common with Galaxy, but that's why I said "kinda-sorta". :p

Noipoi

Howdy!
I wanted to practice a technique that Kellen Goff uses for his creature/monster noises, so I recorded a few conceptual voice lines for if Mimikyu were playable in Smash! :drshrug:
Noipoi Noipoi pspsps
Good ****, my man. Good ****.

Mimikyu is one of those Pokémon where it isn’t immediately obvious what kind of vocalizations it would make. So each interpretation is interesting to me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Both utilize a top-down-ish camera and the level design between the two can be a bit similar. Theming is also pretty similar to me.

Granted, Lost World has a bit more in common with Galaxy, but that's why I said "kinda-sorta". :p
Fair point I suppose. Still though. 3D World but with Sonic would be rad.

D

Deleted member

Who was Joe Merrick? (this isn't a Joe Mama joke, I genuiely don't remember who they were).

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Good *, my man. Good *.

Mimikyu is one of those Pokémon where it isn’t immediately obvious what kind of vocalizations it would make. So each interpretation is interesting to me.
Thank you!

And yeah, definitely. If I recall correctly, Mimikyu in Smash is a bit on the whispery side, though I tried going for something akin to Fiddlesticks from League Of Legends.

D

Deleted member

Still waiting on that Mario x Sonic crossover adventure.

The Olympics doesn’t cut it anymore :239:
If they can't make It a platformer due to balancing issues (Mario being a way slower character than Sonic and such), then they could just go for something similar to Mario & Luigi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom