• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Lol, that means Noipoi has the right to do the "back on my day" speech to me
8C88D50D-AC71-4989-A39A-1F9202AF4F2F.png

Back in my day we got our entertainment on Newgrounds, and digital pet websites! None of this Tikkity Tok nonsense. YouTube was better too! Now that al-gee-rhythm has ruined everything.

The music was better too! The rappers didn’t mumble, the pop stars weren’t depressed, everyone was “in tha club”!

And the cartoons! Chowder, Avatar, Jimmy Neutron, Kim Possible, Adventure Time, Regular Show! All you kids have now is Teen Titans NO and Craig of the CRAP!

D

Deleted member

View attachment 326099

Back in my day we got our entertainment on Newgrounds, and digital pet websites! None of this Tikkity Tok nonsense. YouTube was better too! Now that al-gee-rhythm has ruined everything.

The music was better too! The rappers didn’t mumble, the pop stars weren’t depressed, everyone was “in tha club”!

And the cartoons! Chowder, Avatar, Jimmy Neutron, Kim Possible, Adventure Time, Regular Show! All you kids have now is Teen Titans NO and Craig of the CRAP!
The best part is that all the listed stuff I used or watched It back in the day too, so It's more hilarious.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Man, it's so weird to think of Adventure Time and Regular Show as old cartoons. It feels like just yesterday they were the new hotness in Cartoon Network.

Granted, they aired in here a good while after US, but still...

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Idk. I think Captain Toad would be cool.
My problem with Captain Toad is that he can't jump and I have no idea how they'd implement that. My problem with regular Toad is that he has too much potential to the point that it would feel generic. Like, if we got some version of Toad I'd probably shrug and say "cool" and not much more than that.

D

Deleted member

Man, it's so weird to think of Adventure Time and Regular Show as old cartoons. It feels like just yesterday they were the new hotness in Cartoon Network.

Granted, they aired in here a good while after US, but still...
I still remember the first time I saw Regular Show and how fascinated I got with the tone of the show and the kind of music It used.

It did click on me as someone who was quite into checking old movies and music.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 326099

Thanks Grandpa

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The weird thing is that at one point I was the second youngest person in Nintenzone. Where are all those literal babies coming from?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ariana Grande was in Fortnite
She was also In a Final Fantasy mobile game
Cloud and Sephiroth are Final Fantasy characters
Cloud and Sephiroth are in Smash
Mario is in Smash
Mario has Sports Games
Said Sports Games also have Final Fantasy characters

Ariana Grande and Jonesy are joining Mario Hoops 5v5
Finally the Victorious, Mario and Dragon Quest crossover everyone wanted.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
You’re just as baby as the rest of us :101:
I can't think of a good counterargument except that back in the day you seemed much younger than me even though you were only one year younger than I am, so I'm a big boy by default.

Ya'll think a lot of time has passed since Adventure Time and Regular Show first aired?

Gravity Falls came later, and as of next year it will have premiered a decade ago.
**** what?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I still never did see Gravity Falls I just have vague memories of my friend screaming about the finale over skype in 2016 lol

Noipoi

Howdy!
I can't think of a good counterargument except that back in the day you seemed much younger than me even though you were only one year younger than I am, so I'm a big boy by default.
Well back then I was a massive idiot so I probably came off as much younger than I really was.

I still never did see Gravity Falls I just have vague memories of my friend screaming about the finale over skype in 2016 lol
watch it it’s great

D

Deleted member

I saw the first episodes but It ended up basically like Steven Universe for me: I liked said episodes but for some reason I stopped watching.

I guess that was due to how It came during my middle high school years and everyone around me had this extreme "cartoons are for kids" mentallity, so I didn't want to risk it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I saw the first episodes but It ended up basically like Steven Universe for me: I liked said episodes but for some reason I stopped watching.

I guess that was due to how It came during my middle high school years and everyone around me had this extreme "cartoons are for kids" mentallity, so I didn't want to risk it.
Give it another shooooooooot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom