• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
To be fair, has relevancy stopped other characters from being playable? How relevant are characters like ROB or Greninja anymore?
Greninja was added as a promotion for X and Y, during the peak of his relevance. Also, he's the most popular Pokémon according to a worldwide survey conducted last year, so he's far from irrelevant.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, has relevancy stopped other characters from being playable? How relevant are characters like ROB or Greninja anymore?
Greninja won 2 popularity polls, once when X&Y were out and another one in 2020. He's pratically Lucario in terms of being the ambassador for the 3D era.

R.O.B. is just delegated to cameos and history pieces nowadays.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I don't really keep up with Pokemon so I guess Greninja was a bad example but my point is there are other irrelevant characters in Smash already so like why can't we get more Zelda fighters?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I don't really keep up with Pokemon so I guess Greninja was a bad example but my point is there are other irrelevant characters in Smash already so like why can't we get more Zelda fighters?
Probably because Zelda doesn't have one character that is clearly the next in line. Like you have the main 3 characters and variants of them, where do you go next? You're bound to get different answers from different Zelda fans. Impa is the most recurring character other than the triforce trio, but is she really that popular, unique or important?
Kirby and DK have clear contenders for their next fighter since they would completely round out the cast, but Zelda just doesn't.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Anyways, if I was handed Smash, you all would see a lot of 3rd party characters.

Carl Johnson, Maxwell from Scribblenauts, Master Chief, Madeline from Celeste, dude from Drawn to Life because why not, Scout TF2, Cuphead, Chun Li...

Oh, and Paper Mario, Starfy, and Isaac. And a Ghost type Pokemon.

And Porky because more mech fighters.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Tingle would be legit I'm not gonna lie
That being said I really like that each Zelda character we have now represents a different game (except for Sheik) so I have some reservations about him since I see Young Link as the Majora rep, but that's just me.

D

Deleted member

They genuiely should put Pauline and Ms.Pac-Man in Smash Bros one day, as both are the most popular first female characters in videogames.

Sucks too much doh that Ms.Pac-Man is now half owned by At Games.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Rate my Smash Heroines roster (Nintendo only)
Pauline, Peach, Daisy, Rosalina,
Dixie Kong,
Kat & Ana, Ashley,
Zelda, Impa, Tetra, Midna,
Samus, Dark Samus,
Palutena, Medusa,
Ayumi,
Celica, Lyn, Lucina, Edelgard,
Krystal,
Lip,
Kangaskhan, Gardevoir, Cynthia (Garchomp, Milotic, Spiritomb),
Isabelle,
Shop Assistant (Style Savvy),
Wii Fit Trainer,
Fiora (or Melia), Pyra/Mythra,
Inkling (Callie and Marie alts), Octoling,
Min Min, Twintelle,
Ring Fit Trainee

D

Deleted member

Dixie Kong,
Kat & Ana, Ashley,
Samus, Dark Samus,
Palutena, Medusa,
Ayumi,
Krystal,
Lip,
Isabelle,
Wii Fit Trainer,
Min Min, Twintelle,
Ring Fit Trainee
It's a cool roster, although I would just add Grandayda from Metroid Prime 3 too.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Dixie Kong,
Kat & Ana, Ashley,
Samus, Dark Samus,
Palutena, Medusa,
Ayumi,
Krystal,
Lip,
Isabelle,
Wii Fit Trainer,
Min Min, Twintelle,
Ring Fit Trainee
7/10 needs Urbosa and Lusamine/Mother Beast

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The last fighter is a fully evolved Fire Type Pokemon that starts with a C, and is a character to promote the newest Pokemon gen.

That's right, Charizard Gigantimax Form.
Finally, we are getting Rock Smash back.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Dark Matter is neat but I like Bandana Dee more. I'd welcome pretty much any Kirby character after him.
Same with the Kongs.

I haven't played that many Zelda games, but having recently beaten Majora's Mask I'm not really feeling Skull Kid as a fighter personally. Out of the characters I know I'd probably pick Darunia, even if he's probably not the best choice.
I was just responding to the idea that Dixie and Dee were the only characters those two series still needed.

D

Deleted member

Off topic but Nick All Stars got listed for release on October 5th on a bunch of big store websites get hyped lol
Holy frick, how many games are gonna be released on my birthday month?

No, seriously. There's Metroid Dread, I think Lost Judgement too, Tales Of Arise was one I think, the new Mario Party, Fatal Frame V literally drops on my birthday, that new Guardians Of The Galaxy game and now Nick All Stars?

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Holy frick, how many games are gonna be released on my birthday month?

No, seriously. There's Metroid Dread, I think Lost Judgement too, Tales Of Arise was one I think, the new Mario Party, Fatal Frame V literally drops on my birthday, that new Guardians Of The Galaxy game and now Nick All Stars?
Hey, what’s your birthday again?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Here's a neat Pokémon fact: Did you know that the 1997 Gold/Silver prototype is actually compatible with Pokémon Stadium 2 (known as Pokémon Stadium Gold Silver in Japan).

But since you can't save in the prototype, you're not going any further (even if you could, I bet it would just crash the game)

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I was just responding to the idea that Dixie and Dee were the only characters those two series still needed.
Ah, I see.
Honestly I just think Dixie and Bandee are the most prominent characters in those series that aren't in (and also the most prominent Nintendo characters not in period alongside a certain purple fellow), and I don't think Smash needs that many more characters, so that was my train of thought.
They'd be cool but I'd only want them if Smash got to like, over 100 numbered characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie, I'd actually be pretty happy about getting Smash 4 Charizard as the last character if it means getting Rock Smash back.

Dixie Kong,
Kat & Ana, Ashley,
Samus, Dark Samus,
Palutena, Medusa,
Ayumi,
Krystal,
Lip,
Isabelle,
Wii Fit Trainer,
Min Min, Twintelle,
Ring Fit Trainee
Ayumi and Lip make this an automatic 10/10. Add Furil as a clone or costume and I'd give it an 11/10.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ah, I see.
Honestly I just think Dixie and Bandee are the most prominent characters in those series that aren't in (and also the most prominent Nintendo characters not in period alongside a certain purple fellow), and I don't think Smash needs that many more characters, so that was my train of thought.
They'd be cool but I'd only want them if Smash got to like, over 100 numbered characters.
Aside from those three, there’s also a certain fourth playable character in the Mario series that also got his own spinoff Ron the Wii U and Switch who feels missing.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It feels like the philosophy of Smash changed sometime between Brawl and Smash 4. Brawl was all about filling up the series that Melee didn't cover (and Melee was all about expanding the already in Smash franchises), and then added some bonuses like Snake and Sonic, and the Smash 4 was all about adding new 1st party franchises into the game + the obligatory Pokemon and Mario reps, and then Ultinate just wants to add as many new franchises as possible + some fan picks because of the whole "celebration of gaming" schtick it wants to be.

And knowing that, it's kinda clear why we didn't get more Kirby or Zelda reps, they were probably seen as low priority compared to characters like K. Rool, Ridley, Inkling and all of the 3rd party reps we seen.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Aside from those three, there’s also a certain fourth playable character in the Mario series that also got his own spinoff Ron the Wii U and Switch who feels missing.
You're probably right. I personally just have very mixed feelings about having said playable character in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom