• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I’m no brony, but the community fascinates me to no end. Don’t get me wrong, there’s definitely some mega[EXPLETIVE]s in there, but which fanbase doesn’t have those? I’m just impressed about how a “little girls’ edutainment program” wound up spawning one of the most diverse internet fanbases in the history of the world wide web.
Honestly, it still blows my mind it went as far as it did. The little cartoon created a whole internet subculture.

Heck, I got my start in taking art seriously because of the show. I'll always be grateful for the inspirations it's given me. :dr^_^:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
tbh I probably would’ve watched MLP if I didn’t think it was “girly”; I was somewhat immature. Probably a bit hypocritical of pre-teen me too since I liked some other things that people could call girly, like Jigglypuff and maybe some other “girly” ‘mons and stuff besides Pokémon. I probably started thinking the same about Powerpuff Girls despite loving it when I was very little, not sure, though of course I don’t care anymore lol.

I didn’t hate it and I wasn’t against it or anything, just had that childish view, though I think it did interest me and I just didn’t bother with it much because of that view. I did try a Minecraft mod that changed your player model to an MLP pony, though, and my younger brother liked the show. I think his favorite pony was Rainbow Dash, not sure; I think I thought she was cool, too, probably mostly because blue is my second favorite color and she looked cool. He also liked the little dragon, who I think was named Spike but not sure (honestly not sure how I remembered the name if I’m right; iirc I watched at least some of an episode or two when my brother was still watching the show, and I think he mentioned the dragon. He did call himself a brony).

Herobrine?!?!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just read about all of the unfounded stretch goals for Half-Genie hero and they were some of the most interesting ones! Full voice acting and three new chapters? How did that NOT get funded!?! And looking at which stretch goals were funded and seeing how far below the goal they were… damn. Just… damn. All that stuff that’s never gonna see the light of day. None of it was in Seven Sirens from what I can see so…. sadness. Half Genie Hero could have been soooooo much bigger and better if people had just funded it! I would have contributed if I wasn’t a high schooler with no job at the time.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
really starting to think Jamie Lynn Spears/Zoey 101 is the only sane member of the Spears family to still be supporting Britney

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437
One time when I was in like sixth grade we were in the computer lab and one of the computers had this chrome extension downloaded on it:
1628295825097.jpeg

And I sat next to that computer and the girl who sat next to me said "Oh, I'll let you have this one because I know you're a furry and you'd like it," in a totally nice way and I think about that a lot.

D

Deleted member

One time when I was in like sixth grade we were in the computer lab and one of the computers had this chrome extension downloaded on it:
View attachment 325459
And I sat next to that computer and the girl who sat next to me said "Oh, I'll let you have this one because I know you're a furry and you'd like it," in a totally nice way and I think about that a lot.
Honestly, me becoming a furry was just an inevitability, considering the kinda stuff I liked as a kid

Also, elementary computer lab “class” rocked. I loved playing flash games on the computers when I wasn’t supposed to be :239:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Aw man this brony talk.

Really brought me down memory of this kid I knew. One of the most bizarre people I ever met was this guy who was a secretly a brony. This story might get buried.

-Wouldn't never go an hour without applying hair wax to himself.

-Looked like a wannabe mafia boss's son, like even in the most casual place would wear like £100 shirts and leather jackets not to mention a watch in the few hundreds despite being 17. Surprised he never got robbed.

-Even acted like it and didn't do the nicest of things. Me and him didn't get along.

-Once threw a ****ing cassette deck across a room to hit someone and came close to destroying the iMacs. Should have been a shot put thrower with it and didn't get in trouble. I was out of the country when that happened.

-Defended someone who was downloading pictures of all of the classmates who had Facebook without their permission in a way that is not good. I didn't have social media at the time but I snapped at him.

And that is a hint.

And we all found out he was a brony cause he left pictures up on his Mac one day.

...The people?

No, I'm...only here for that reaction score.

Oh..................

I see....................

I thought...............

We................

Were...............friends.

sad violin music plays

I still love you as friend Lamp don't worry.

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437
Honestly, I'm done with speculation. It's always been a bit silly to me how worked up people get over speculating who's gonna be in Smash. It's never been interesting to me at all especially since even though my most wanted was disconfirmed during the base game, whenever I see any Smash news at all my lizard brain is automatically "Okay okay this is how the witch girl and the funny demon man are gonna get into smashbro," so I can't really speculate realistically. I wish I was around for the speculation scene before Ultimate's release.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Welcome to this week's "turning Smash Bros characters into Magic cards" (boy, do I need a snappier name for that). Today, I made Peach, and after a brief interlude with Daisy, I will FINALLY be making non-echo fighter villains, which means that my creations should have a lot less white mana characters. Anyway, here is Peach:

Stay tuned for next week, where I will try to find differences between Peach and Daisy that work on Magic cards.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
All they had to do was get their races right and it would be 1000x better than Shymalan
The darkest characters in the show being turned into white kids is one of the most tone deaf decisions I’ve ever seen tbh
look guys we just gotta somehow get through this pain (minus new live action Katara), and be prepared for whatever else Avatar Studios decides to do

like with the recently released “Suki Alone” comic, set after getting captured and before Sokka + Zuko saved her. Was hella great to read and makes me demand for more Suki content

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
duxx duxx is Luigi since he's your best bro and everythin' and I'd be Toad since I'm annoying as **** and can run relatively fast IRL.

Peach can be... Wademan94 Wademan94 ?
I’d say Daisy but I don’t wanna be calling duxx “sweetie” so I’ll go with Iggy

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
It was... okay. The main squad was likable enough with some pleasent surprises in the forms of Ratcatcher and Polka Dot man. I did NOT like Harley; I thought she was annoying and unfunny and kinda wished she died along with the rest of the squad from the first film. The film just wasn't for me.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The darkest characters in the show being turned into white kids is one of the most tone deaf decisions I’ve ever seen tbh
I wish they casted someome a bit darker for the roles in the Netflix adaptation, but at they're actually Native this time instead of white girl and white guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom