• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Nintendo's really good at being trend starters, but they also don't like continuing to refine ideas once they get popular and more people pick them up. I think this is partly why we sometimes see other devs do these concepts better: Nintendo kinda lays the groundwork, and then others go "Huh. Cool idea. But what if it didn't have the patented-Nintendo jank?"
Yeah that is a major issue with Nintendo.

I really so think they have hit gold with the Switch and while it'd be cool to flip the table and do something different again that catches the world off guard, I think they should keep using the console's concept and follow Xbox/PlayStation's methods for the next one.

Keep making the motion controls better, more features but streamlined at the same time. That whole line of thinking.

My parent’s relationship is breaking down and I need something to distract myself with.

help :toadnaani:
Again dude I'm sorry to hear that.

What would you like to be distracted with?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I saw a few clips of Jellystone.

This shows makes me mildly uncomfortable for the dumbest reason. Artstyle, I'm so used to seeing these characters look a specific way, this just looks off.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, before I go to bed, I like to share somethin' I been working on and that has causing me some troubles.

See this girl?
Marta V1.png Marta V1.5.png
Three things I been trying to nail about her:

1) Her robots legs
2) Her shirt/jersey
3) Her general proportions.

and tbh, I feel I need peoples feedback on this one, 'cuz I can only theorize & use ref for so long before I go insane trying to nail it juuuust right. So, if you could tell me what work & what doesn't, I love to hear so, but until then, have a nice day.

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , NonsensicalThings NonsensicalThings , AndreaAC AndreaAC , Noipoi Noipoi , Wademan94 Wademan94 , Knight Dude Knight Dude , Lamperouge Lamperouge & @ChoYugoFurHire

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright, before I go to bed, I like to share somethin' I been working on and that has causing me some troubles.

See this girl?
View attachment 325427View attachment 325428

1) Her robots legs
2) Her shirt/jersey

and tbh, I feel I need peoples feedback on this one, 'cuz I can only theorize & use ref for so long before I go insane trying to nail it juuuust right. So, if you could tell me what work & what doesn't, I love to hear so, but until then, have a nice day.

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , NonsensicalThings NonsensicalThings , AndreaAC AndreaAC , Noipoi Noipoi , Wademan94 Wademan94 , Knight Dude Knight Dude , Lamperouge Lamperouge & @ChoYugoFurHire
It seems pretty good to me. The robo legs could use a metallic shine, maybe. To signify that they’re metal. At first glance they kinda looked like socks with wacky details, at least to me. The proportions are good, so’s the Jersey.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It seems pretty good to me. The robo legs could use a metallic shine, maybe. To signify that they’re metal. At first glance they kinda looked like socks with wacky details, at least to me. The proportions are good, so’s the Jersey.
Yeah, forgot to note but it's a WIP, sooo there's still alot of details to be done. Just wanted some early feedback to help me in the future & boost my moral a bit. I will make sure to add some shines to the legs tho! 👍

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
You know a posts bad news if even Pokelego999 Pokelego999 doesn’t like it
Typically I would like all posts if it weren't for specific complaints but only the worst ones do I actively go against liking. Just because I don't like someone's post doesn't mean I hate said person, it's just so I limit my amount of likes so I get less complaints in my DMs.

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437
Typically I would like all posts if it weren't for specific complaints but only the worst ones do I actively go against liking. Just because I don't like someone's post doesn't mean I hate said person, it's just so I limit my amount of likes so I get less complaints in my DMs.
Pokelego999 on his way to like almost every post on Smashboards:

Noipoi

Howdy!
He’s a man of commitment, focus, and sheer ****ing will.

Dutch Raikuna

There is nothing more satisfying right now for me than finding a theme from a game that wasn't released on the soundtrack across the internet. Didn't know it's name and tried to search by it's location and yadda yadda.

Took me about 20 minutes but I found it. Yeah, **** the net, I can find ****.

No.

But I do like Pizza Hut.
I see my friend is a Pizza Hut guy.

Also, like the pfp. It's almost the time of the week where I should switch for mine.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

See this girl?

1) Her robots legs
2) Her shirt/jersey

I mean, I myself don't see anything wrong, really. Sorry that I cannot analyze this much.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I mean, I myself don't see anything wrong, really. Sorry that I cannot analyze this much.
If you - a person I think is pretty good at drawing & done work on human characters before - say that nothing seem particular wrong, then trust me when I say it's a big relief for me.

Really, just a little feedback with words is all I need, and you & Noipoi have helped me alot when it come to easing my doubts.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Btw, just in cases I came across as mean or the like, likes are cool too. It's just sometime, hearing/seeing peoples you did a good job and/or telling what you done right/wrong can help you alot more when it come to figuring out a problem in your arts & not getting eated by your own fears.

Of course, don't foce yourself to write something for me if you really got nothing, I don't want to force peoples do things they don't want to do after all.

Anyway, going to bed soon, thanks again Noipoi Noipoi , AndreaAC AndreaAC & everyone who liked that post with my OC in it, feeling much better now. Hopefully I can carry that good spirit to tomorrow!

Dutch Raikuna

Well I'm getting that hot-headed feeling right now.

So, any of yous up for helping me decide a name for a character? Split between a few suggestions right now.

Really trying to block myself from like most sites I use bar here, Discord, Wikipedia, Google Images and Drive itself. Need to personally pick up the pace of my story.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

See this girl?

1) Her robots legs
2) Her shirt/jersey

Honestly, I think this looks sick. Not quite sure what critique I could give.

AndreaAC

Btw, just in cases I came across as mean or the like, likes are cool too. It's just sometime, hearing/seeing peoples you did a good job and/or telling what you done right/wrong can help you alot more when it come to figuring out a problem in your arts & not getting eated by your own fears.

Of course, don't foce yourself to write something for me if you really got nothing, I don't want to force peoples do things they don't want to do after all.

Anyway, going to bed soon, thanks again Noipoi Noipoi , AndreaAC AndreaAC & everyone who liked that post with my OC in it, feeling much better now. Hopefully I can carry that good spirit to tomorrow!
Oh don't worry about it, you didn't came across that way at all. I know the feeling you have, but while we see mistakes because we want perfections, maybe we are pushing ourselves too hard or we are overthinking things where, other just can see that it's fine. I mean, Noi has seen me ask that myself. xD

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Well I'm getting that hot-headed feeling right now.

So, any of yous up for helping me decide a name for a character? Split between a few suggestions right now.

Really trying to block myself from like most sites I use bar here, Discord, Wikipedia, Google Images and Drive itself. Need to personally pick up the pace of my story.
I probably wouldn't be able to help much, but good luck on the story.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Hey

22B63B6D-A14F-485E-9673-D06D27D3F764.png

You cool

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Honestly, I think this looks sick. Not quite sure what critique I could give.
Heyyy, if you see nothin' wrong, then I take it as a good sign!
CTQCWylUsAAXZtK.jpg
til someone notice a big flaw in it, but hey, critisims can help too.
Oh don't worry about it, you didn't came across that at all. I know the feeling you have, but while we see mistakes because we want perfections, maybe we are pushing ourselves too hard or we are overthinking things where, other just can see that it's fine. I mean, Noi has seen me ask that myself. xD
Oh yeah, i'm definitly a perfectionist who try too hard at time lol. One other reasons I wanted to get feedback was to calm my brain need to have his drawings being TOTALLY perfect. even though this one is a wip.

Glad to see we're cool tho!
Hey
Richter peace sign.jpg

You're pretty cool too.

Now I go, for real this time, I swear!....maybe.

AndreaAC

Oh yeah, i'm definitly a perfectionist who try too hard at time lol. One other reasons I wanted to get feedback was to calm my brain need to have his drawings being TOTALLY perfect. even though this one is a wip.

Glad to see we're cool tho!
xD You know what, I think you simply need to rest and start fresh working on it again. That really helps to see it differently or to think of improvements or changes you could do to it if you really wanted.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
dem abs
**** the complainers (unless they’re mods…otherwise love y’all and please don’t warn me sgsgfjdhr)
I don’t think this is the right movie:
View attachment 325439
once you go taco…you never go baco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom