• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

"The all-seeing and all-powerful king who rules the heavens of the North Star. Now, show your might that reigns over the Gods of Asgard! Synchro Summon! Rule over the gods of heaven and earth! The highest god, Polar God Sacred Emperor Odin!"

Noipoi

Howdy!
I simultaneously love this and hate this with the power of a thousand suns.

y'all better watch yourself, Noi

I've been reading fanfics again so I'm in a pony mood

Y'all gonna make me rock a pony profile pic again lol
You want a long term fanfic series that combines ponies with a martial arts drama, cosmic horror, and cute wholesomeness?

Rizen

Smash Legend
90s kids want you to believe that tue N64 was a good console.

It ****ing sucks. Don't let the propaganda get to you.
The N64 was amazing for its time but it hasn't aged well. It was the first truly 3D console and a lot of things were still being worked out. Still it had some gems like Ocarina of Time, Starfox64, Paper Mario and others.

I've been working on foreshortening practice.

The image is kind of messy. I didn't bother cleaning it up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Watching an LP of Pien and Paon... i still don't know if that was real or just a fever dream.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
For those who survived.

Bloodsport
Harley Quinn
King Shark
Peacemaker
Ratcatcher 2
Weasel
we should’ve realized they would’ve lived considering how big money they are…
poor Polkadot Man and his mommy issues
Why are celebs admitting that they don't wash their ass?
because they prefer to use money to wipe their asses over soap bars and water bending the dirt away
BACK TO THE PAST, SAMURAI JACK.
Watch Out

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
we should’ve realized they would’ve lived considering how big money they are…
poor Polkadot Man and his mommy issues
Will not actually lie but I was sad to see him die, I actually liked him and the fact they kinda wasted him when he could have been used more in future films potentially making the character more popular overtime as was done with King Shark.

That and the family drama regarding Bloodsport, latter which I felt wasn't needed were my only nitpicks with the film.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 325420

I can make no promises I'll read it as I'm very picky, but sure, shoot.
The first story is called Foal of the Forest. About a colt who’s been ostracized from society because he was born with eyes similar to Nightmare Moon’s. He rescues Fluttershy, and she takes him in. It (and it’s 7 sequels) focus around the boy as he tries to acclimate to living with other Ponies. Making friends, finding comfort in his new family, and dealing with his past.

But it’s also a martial arts story. Cuz he knows super Pegasus kung fu, and all sorts of baddies come after him because of his condition.

The first half of the saga is mostly emotional, focusing on the boy’s new family life and mental state. With a lotta cute moments. The back half goes nuts with deep lore and action set pieces and cosmic horror themes.

I remembered reading it as a kid, and went over it again last year. I was surprised at how it held up, for a fanfic.

But it’s a bit of an acquired taste. It’s cool if you don’t like it. It’s also a bit of a commitment if you want the whole story.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

While we’re still kinda talking about anime, what’s your favorite anime OP/OST?

Here’s mine:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Will not actually lie but I was sad to see him die, I actually liked him and the fact they kinda wasted him when he could have been used more in future films potentially making the character more popular overtime as was done with King Shark.

That and the family drama regarding Bloodsport, latter which I felt wasn't needed were my only nitpicks with the film.
yeah the family part was a bit of a repeat, but at least it gave us the almighty rat relationship development throughout the movie.

Also I was shocked by the majority of the cast dying so early into the movie. I was thinking the deaths would be sprinkled around

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
SonicSmasher1 wanted me to relay a message here. He wants to say that he doesn’t plan on coming back to this thread. He doesn’t feel like he’s in a good place here and wishes to move on for his own sake.
Why does he feel that way? I certainly don't mind having him around, he was chill.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So I decided to bite the bullet and watch The Suicide Squad at the cinemas.

Overall, even though I do have certain issues with the film, I'd say this is certainly better than David Ayer's version with some decent performances by the cast.

In terms of how I rank it with the other DCEU films that I had watched:

1. Shazam!
2. Wonder Woman
3. The Suicide Squad

Last edited:

MooMew64

Oh, the Gamecube was definitely their greatest idea yet. They went all in on power, 3rd party support, and hoped to make the best console out there.

It lost to a DVD player.
Changed the company forever. No matter how much people want it, they're never going to make a no-frills, no gimmick power box ever again: Every console needs a gimmick is the lesson they took from GCN VS. the Wii.

And somehow still haven't learned from the Wii U. Thankfully, the Switch's gimmick is a hit, but it's starting to suffer reeeeeaaaaallll bad from that hardware. Honestly curious to see how much longer they really plan on pushing it, especially with the Steam Deck actually having a chance to offer a kind of competition thanks to people opening up to the concept more.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Seriously dude, Iwata salvaged the company. His era was the best thing that happened to them.
It's crazy, because the GBA was the only thing keeping the company afloat at the time, but Iwata made desicions that gave us some game changes. Hell, we still see the legacy of the DS in a device we carry in our everyday pockets.

MooMew64

It's crazy, because the GBA was the only thing keeping the company afloat at the time, but Iwata made desicions that gave us some game changes. Hell, we still see the legacy of the DS in a device we carry in our everyday pockets.
Nintendo's really good at being trend starters, but they also don't like continuing to refine ideas once they get popular and more people pick them up. I think this is partly why we sometimes see other devs do these concepts better: Nintendo kinda lays the groundwork, and then others go "Huh. Cool idea. But what if it didn't have the patented-Nintendo jank?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom