• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I swear.

Outside of using Smashboards, Discord and Google Drive the internet is making me more anxious by the day. Things getting taken off Youtube, ****ty site redesigns, depressing news. Like can't it all just freeze for a damn year or something so some of us can actually catch up mentally?

Would that be nice for it all?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yoooo The Suicide Squad was totally a killer beast! In my top 3 this year bumping Nobody to number 3!

As expected King Shark definitely stole the show. Give him his own movie please.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I swear.

Outside of using Smashboards, Discord and Google Drive the internet is making me more anxious by the day. Things getting taken off Youtube, ****ty site redesigns, depressing news. Like can't it all just freeze for a damn year or something so some of us can actually catch up mentally?

Would that be nice for it all?
Life isnt sunshine and rainbows

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Really really really hope we can get Super Mario RPG and the EarthBound games on NSO soon. Or even just as digital switch downloads.

Limited Release Mother Collection. I have a weird feeling it’s gonna happen.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
It had some good games, but eh, the N64 was not the best console out there in the end.
I prefer the PlayStation tbh. I have some good N64 games, but PS1 is my go-to. FFVII, Symphony of the Night, Crash Bandicoot, Metal Gear Solid, so many classic and revolutionary games!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So and to tag Wademan94 Wademan94 cause story idea. So I've been spending a bit of time looking at places in NEO TWEWY and it's IRL places. Came across Miya****a Park:

1628272300922.png

So cool. This is my in my old world of my story is how I imagine my protag's home district to look like and would work well with (alliteration) an indoor garden.

Life isnt sunshine and rainbows
Fair point there. Internet has gotten ****tier though and it's why I want to move my interests outdoors more.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
The Wii U
Technicallllllyyyyy the Wii U's N64 emulator is kinda poopy.

It legit makes games dimmer, for some reason. Like, they all look like there's some dark overlay on them, it's weird.

But I just remembered Majora's better version is on the 3DS anyways, so never mind, you have my permission to slander the N64, lol.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Technicallllllyyyyy the Wii U's N64 emulator is kinda poopy.

It legit makes games dimmer, for some reason. Like, they all look like there's some dark overlay on them, it's weird.

But I just remembered Majora's better version is on the 3DS anyways, so never mind, you have my permission to slander the N64, lol.
Was it the same emulatorbas the one for the Wii? Because I know PM64 on the Wii made some things dimmer, but I thought it was delibarate because they didn't want Watt to give people seizures

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My entire N64 experience can be summerized by Mario games and racing games, and Pokemon Snap. Just all of that and i enjoyed those old racing games.

Fair point there. Internet has gotten ****tier though and it's why I want to move my interests outdoors more.
Well there HAS been more censorship on people of late, so of course it's gonna feel ****ty, echochambers are starting to form more and more.

So and to tag Wademan94 Wademan94 cause story idea. So I've been spending a bit of time looking at places in NEO TWEWY and it's IRL places. Came across Miya****a Park:

View attachment 325399

So cool. This is my in my old world of my story is how I imagine my protag's home district to look like and would work well with (alliteration) an indoor garden.
So Japan just makes archetecture that's easy to translate into a game setting, it really does come across like that sometimes.

MooMew64

Was it the same emulatorbas the one for the Wii? Because I know PM64 on the Wii made some things dimmer, but I thought it was delibarate because they didn't want Watt to give people seizures
I think it is different, as most people nowadays recommend emulating Wii VC on Dolphin over Wii U native VC play.

I know DK64 was pretty dark lookin'. Controlling games with the Pro Controller was also a pain, as N64 games were built with octagonal gates in mind, whereas newer controllers have full, perfect circle gates. It can make 'em over sensitive.

Granted, you could just use another controller to fix that. :drshrug:

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think it is different, as most people nowadays recommend emulating Wii VC on Dolphin over Wii U native VC play.

I know DK64 was pretty dark lookin'. Controlling games with the Pro Controller was also a pain, as N64 games were built with octagonal gates in mind, whereas newer controllers have full, perfect circle gates. It can make 'em over sensitive.

Granted, you could just use another controller to fix that. :drshrug:
DK64 was also impossible to 100% iirc because one of the minigames relied on an N64 quirk that other consoles do not have.

But then again, I think the bigger issue is one buying and willingly wanting to play DK64

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There was one thing I was disappointed in regarding the film though.

I really actually liked Polka-Dot Man and wish he didn't die. I feel they kinda wasted it there because there was the potential to keep using his character for future films and perhaps would had eventually grown in popularity as King Shark had.

Aside from that, really great film!

MooMew64

DK64 was also impossible to 100% iirc because one of the minigames relied on an N64 quirk that other consoles do not have.

But then again, I think the bigger issue is one buying and willingly wanting to play DK64
I love literally everything about DK64.

But the fact Nintendo allowed it to ship in the condition it was in is absolutely hilarious and showed they absolutely did not care about Rare in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom