• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
C'mon Nintendo, there are far more quality SNES than those (and I'm not just talking about Super Mario RPG or EarthBound).

And why no NES?
Probably the worst round of Switch Online games thus far. I can't really think of anything really positive to say other than I don't believe these have been given re-releases before to my knowledge. Jelly Boy might be the first truly bad game we've gotten IMO, and everything else is pretty average at best here.

I can't really complain as it doesn't change the $20 I've already spent for the year, most of the best games are already there, and I genuinely enjoy the service, but I am especially bummed there's nothing for the NES this month. I've been putting in a lot of hours into it over the past two months. SNES's library I find to have a fairly underwhelming ratio of good to bad to average.

Also if you're paying for Jelly Boy, could you at least pay Game Freak to get Jerry Boy re-released already? :takeit:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So I just watched Space Jam 2.

Other than some meh acting from Lebron James and some bits here and there, this is probably the most fun movie I've seen that actually was really emotional at the end. It sucks that the thing that requires the sadness came out of nowhere, but it was a fantastic movie.

9.5/10
I was laughing at the ending out of pure heartlessness…Lola was a highlight

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just emulate Earthbound at this point lol.
Considering it's been readily available for the past 8 years, I'd prefer it if they went ahead and did it that way already so we don't have to listen to complaints anymore.

Nintendo didn't release an NES game this month because all they had planned was EarthBound Beginnings and the executives told them no.
Honestly getting that off the Wii U should be the higher priority IMO. lol

But yeah, I really wonder just how hard it is to get permission from Itoi sometimes. Or HAL or Game Freak while we're at it for non-Kirby/Pokemon stuff.

Last edited:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm thinking about making a Japanese Switch account.

Any perks?
Is that still possible? I thought Nintendo patched that out a few months after launch?

You'll get access to the Famicom/Super Famicom games from NSO with a little more variety in game selection
I guess though most of the exclusives are JRPGs. If you don't know Japanese or have played enough Fire Emblem to know it inside/out, there's not too much we're missing out on. Joy Mech Fight is the only really big one that comes to mind.

Disk System versions of Zelda, Metroid, and Kid Icarus might be amusing though. Just skip Zelda 2 as the international version is better balanced.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Is that still possible? I thought Nintendo patched that out a few months after launch?

I guess though most of the exclusives are JRPGs. If you don't know Japanese or have played enough Fire Emblem to know it inside/out, there's not too much we're missing out on. Joy Mech Fight is the only really big one that comes to mind.

Disk System versions of Zelda, Metroid, and Kid Icarus might be amusing though. Just skip Zelda 2 as the international version is better balanced.
Although, the Japanese version of Zelda 2 doesn't have the enemies that take your EXP and doesn't require you to kill Tektites with fireballs.

Reactions: ---

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ridley64 Ridley64 's AMA is now up

as per the usual, if you're interested in participating in a future AMA and are not currently on the list of future AMA subjects, please lemme know

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Ridley64 Ridley64 's AMA is now up

as per the usual, if you're interested in participating in a future AMA and are not currently on the list of future AMA subjects, please lemme know
Drumroll for the next AMA subject.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Somehow I’m incredulous it took this long, but that Nick game really got me goin.
And yes, prior to tonight I never saw the show.
tumblr_mvact8Snwh1rl5m92o1_500.png

And you're still logged into this site!?

Motion to ban SneakyLink until they finish the first three seasons. All those in favor please say aye.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Having not grown up with cable, I relate with Sneaky and say I've only seen a handful of SpongeBob episodes.

Funnily enough, I distinctly remember catching a certain episode twice. It was the one where SpomgeBob made a friend out of bubbles (Think they called him Bubble Buddy?) and everyone else is annoyed with it and attempt to pop it or whatever. Don't know how I managed to catch that one twice, especially given the two viewings were years apart but I did, lol.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Nintendo Switch Online Japan gets Shin Megami Tensei IF.... While we here in North America get screwed.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
New Nintendo Gigaleak info. More in twitter thread.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Somehow I’m incredulous it took this long, but that Nick game really got me goin.
And yes, prior to tonight I never saw the show.
you’ll love the butterfly episode…I know I and million more didn’t

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Well the Olympic Games are now underway in Tokyo.....and I am NOT happy about it and as a lifelong Olympic fan that's something I thought I would never say about the Olympics, but with this horrible pandemic both the Olympics and Euros should have been scrapped....if only UEFA and the IOC weren't selfish greedy clowns, and I'm supposed to like clowns, but these dumbasses....maybe I better stop before I really have a meltdown...🤬😡🤬

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom