• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Managed to get one of the good endings in Papers, Please. Specifically, the one where you and your family successfully escape to Obristan.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Really? I'm sure you're the first person I heard to say that about Mortal Kombat 2021, Like sure I heard people had their problems with the movie but never that bad, Maybe you would have liked it more if Liu Kang threw someone's luggage into the ocean, Come to think of it a lot of people's main complain was that Cole's role should been given to Johnny cage tho it makes you wonder if that would have really changed anything since a lot of non fans don't like johnny cage, Due him be a show off type of character, Granted the fans would argue that's the charm of the character.
The movie was lifeless, bland, and generic simply as that. The serious tone also did not mesh well.

Characters totally devoid of personality (Except for Kano but that wasn't even enough to save the movie) nor did the movie have the energy or goofy tone the games did, something the 1995 film managed to do and what makes it live up to being like games unlike this blandfest was. The fact of all the places they could have had Goro fight, they had him fight on a barn! A god damn barn!

And that's not getting into the fact
Kano dies having a lawn gnome shoved into his eye.

Cole simply put was a character devoid of personality that even a sock, a piece of paper or even bland toast had more personality than him. He was a literal kreate-a-fighter of fanfic's gary-stu OC that was inserted into the movie.
Anyway The Suicide Squad is totally gonna get some bad reviews simply based on how many characters there are in the movie, Oh yeah I can see it now.
"The Suicide Squad is an colorful unfun mess with a bloated that not even Margot Robbie can save"
King Shark is more then enough to say otherwise.

Also word is on the street that early reviews have been really positive. There's plenty of movies with tons of characters that are good and also had positive reviews. This one would be no different.

And again. James freakin Gunn.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Anyone else here think about how some of your favorite characters are associated with specific colors? Two of my top 3 just so happen to be very heavy on pink.
Several of my favourite characters have blonde hair if that's anything to go by...
Link, Samus, Cloud, Zelda, and Cynthia...so I guess they would all have yellow in common.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not a bad week for Pokemon. Had to wait an extra week after delivery, but I picked up the latest ArtFX figure for Gloria. I'm not a fan of Gen 8 as a whole, but a lot of the designs are solid. I was surprised to see the packing box was damaged, as usually Amazon JP/DHL do an amazing job, but thankfully the contents were fine. Only two and a half months to wait for Cynthia to release now!

Was able to obtain both Summer Gloria & Marnie in Masters in under 10k gems; I actually got a duplicate of the former as well!

Played Pokemon Go Fest for a few hours today. I couldn't get far in the Meloetta research, but at least it doesn't have anything annoying like trades or online battle requirements to complete. I was able to obtain 11 shinies in total, 7 of which were new: Unown G, Chimecho, Feebas, Hippopotas, Roggenrola, Sawk, and Audino (x3).

I definitely plan on playing some raids tomorrow. I got 6 remote raid passes saved up so hopefully I can get a few Legendaries I'm missing.

Attachments

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I finished A New Legacy. There were lots of different ideas they tried to implement at the same time, and while most were tackled decently, I think it would've been better if they stayed more focused throughout.

The jokes were okay. The only thing I laughed at was "The computer's black!" The joke of Michael Jordan actually being Michael B. Jordan was pretty predictable.

The basketball game was all over the place, especially after LeBron let the toons be themselves. Yes, the Looney Tunes are supposed to be unpredictable, but it felt like the writers could write whatever and it would automatically make sense.

I'd give the movie about a 7/10.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Y'all following me on Twitter gives me a mini heart attack every time I see the number go up. :dr^_^:
That’s why I separated my old one from the new one lol.

Wish I knew how to reset follower count, though: I’d prefer it be for IRL peeps and family exclusively while MooMew64 be my content and entertainment account.:073:

Plus, I don’t want people seeing my old MLP art: It’s bad and I can draw funny horses better now, don’t look at my old trash.:191:

Last edited:

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
The movie was lifeless, bland, and generic simply as that. The serious tone also did not mesh well.

Characters totally devoid of personality (Except for Kano but that wasn't even enough to save the movie) nor did the movie have the energy or goofy tone the games did, something the 1995 film managed to do and what makes it live up to being like games unlike this blandfest was. The fact of all the places they could have had Goro fight, they had him fight on a barn! A god damn barn!

And that's not getting into the fact
Kano dies having a lawn gnome shoved into his eye.

Cole simply put was a character devoid of personality that even a sock, a piece of paper or even bland toast had more personality than him. He was a literal kreate-a-fighter of fanfic's gary-stu OC that was inserted into the movie.

King Shark is more then enough to say otherwise.

Also word is on the street that early reviews have been really positive. There's plenty of movies with tons of characters that are good and also had positive reviews. This one would be no different.

And again. James freakin Gunn.
Well it looks like we're gonna have agree to disagree since I haven't enjoyed a DC movie since Birds of Prey and some people on the internet say that movie is bad, Yet they claim Wonder Woman 87 is good, LOL.

Anyway your taste is trash and your opinions are trash, Don't like it? Let's duke it out in some Mortal Kombat! :p

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
at least my man’s Donnie got some before the series ended

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
been deported out of the Android phone life and am now an IPhone person…via the IPhone 12 Pro Max…
I miss my…borrowed…music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom