• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Haven't finished a drawing yet, but I want to share my progress on one I been really feelin' lately.
View attachment 323142
@AndreaAC , Noipoi Noipoi , Wademan94 Wademan94 , @Guh-Huzzah! , Knight Dude Knight Dude , @Dyllybirdy , @NonsensicalThings , Lamperouge Lamperouge , @KarneraMythos , @ChoYugoFurHire , @UserGoozer

You can compare with the previous one here.
View attachment 323143

First off, Happy birthday! Second:

Hmm, it doesn't have fighting in it, only puzzles, but what about the game Oneshot?
Nice work so far!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Y'know

I was talkin about how I thought people were being too harsh on Mario Golf recently

But the more I've started thinking about it...

Yeah, I think the honeymoon period I had with getting an HD Mario Golf is over: The warts are starting to show now, and, uh...

I'll do more of a write up on why later, but yeah, I'm starting to understand why people don't like this game.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Not a bad week for Pokemon. Had to wait an extra week after delivery, but I picked up the latest ArtFX figure for Gloria. I'm not a fan of Gen 8 as a whole, but a lot of the designs are solid. I was surprised to see the packing box was damaged, as usually Amazon JP/DHL do an amazing job, but thankfully the contents were fine. Only two and a half months to wait for Cynthia to release now!

Was able to obtain both Summer Gloria & Marnie in Masters in under 10k gems; I actually got a duplicate of the former as well!

Played Pokemon Go Fest for a few hours today. I couldn't get far in the Meloetta research, but at least it doesn't have anything annoying like trades or online battle requirements to complete. I was able to obtain 11 shinies in total, 7 of which were new: Unown G, Chimecho, Feebas, Hippopotas, Roggenrola, Sawk, and Audino (x3).

I definitely plan on playing some raids tomorrow. I got 6 remote raid passes saved up so hopefully I can get a few Legendaries I'm missing.
If you can invite me to some raids “ScottyWoodard” need to get a few raid wins for challenges

Reactions: ---

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Y'know

I was talkin about how I thought people were being too harsh on Mario Golf recently

Yeah, I think the honeymoon period I had with getting an HD Mario Golf is over: The warts are starting to show now, and, uh...

I'll do more of a write up on why later, but yeah, I'm starting to understand why people don't like this game.
Friendship ended with Mario Golf: HD.

Metroid Prime: Pinball is now my best friend.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125

Y'know

There might be some more content in the future like Mario Tennis Aces, but it's pretty bare bones on first looks right now.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
The new Space Jam film failed to create a “New Legacy” as not even Lebron James’ star power, the batch of iconic Looney Toons characters or cameos from specific Warner Bros franchises could even prevent this disaster from happening.

If anyone deserved an MVP award for their performance, I would give that to Don Cheadle whose character (even though I would’ve like to see more development) was the only stand out throughout the film.

The story and plot felt rather rushed, the characters especially the Looney Toons characters lacked any heart, soul or even a shred of development and the majority of the jokes ended up falling very flat.

Overall, Space Jam: New Legacy felt like it failed to take an opportunity to produce something amazing with all the resources available to them and instead created a massive meshed up mess.

Rating: 4/10

MooMew64

Welcome to the year of game development during covid times, they are all mostly goin to be bare bones
IDK if Mario Golf is the way it is because of that, though.

Nintendo just kinda does this with mid-tier releases now: Early Access games that may or may not get content later because Nintendo only gives vague promises as to what's actually coming due to their innate obsession with surprise and secrecy.

Sometimes is works out fine, like with Kirby. Heck, the two AAA games they did it with ended spectacularly: Splatoon 2 and Mario Maker 2 are in pretty good condition, even though I still think Mario Maker should've gotten waaaay more.

And then there's stuff like Tennis and Golf where they make a super solid engine with good gameplay, slap a price tag on it and then "Oops, forgot to actually put a game on top of these mechanics!"

"..."

"Eh, we'll let people download Blue Yoshi in 8 months, that'll fix it."

Last edited:

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
The new Space Jam film failed to create a “New Legacy” as not even Lebron James’ star power, the batch of iconic Looney Toons characters or cameos from specific Warner Bros franchises could even prevent this disaster from happening.

If anyone deserved an MVP award for their performance, I would give that to Don Cheadle whose character (even though I would’ve like to see more development) was the only stand out throughout the film.

The story and plot felt rather rushed, the characters especially the Looney Toons characters lacked any heart, soul or even a shred of development and the majority of the jokes ended up falling very flat.

Overall, Space Jam: New Legacy felt like it failed to take an opportunity to produce something amazing with all the resources available to them and instead created a massive meshed up mess.

Translation: It's just like the first movie but better.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
IDK if Mario Golf is the way it is because of that, though.

Nintendo just kinda does this with mid-tier releases now: Early Access games that may or may not get content later because Nintendo only gives vague promises as to what's actually coming due to their innate obsession with surprise and secrecy.

Sometimes is works out fine, like with Kirby. Heck, the two AAA games they did it with ended spectacularly: Splatoon 2 and Mario Maker 2 are in pretty good condition, even though I still think Mario Maker should've gotten waaaay more.

And then there's stuff like Tennis and Golf where they make a super solid engine with good gameplay, slap a price tag on it and then "Oops, forgot to actually put a game on this mechanics!"

"..."

"Eh, we'll let people download Blue Yoshi in 8 months, that'll fix it."
I strangely feel that we might get a Mario Golf character in the next few days. It's gonna be Aces all over again. On the other hand, I'm looking to get the new Zelda Game and Watch.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
-funny mushroom song starts playing-

I still need to play SMRPG all the way through

And OG Paper Mario

Y'all would actually be shocked to learn which games I haven't finished yet lol
Now you've got my curiosity piqued, mate. Spill the beans.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
-funny mushroom song starts playing-

I still need to play SMRPG all the way through

And OG Paper Mario

Y'all would actually be shocked to learn which games I haven't finished yet lol
I don't think I'd be too shocked - I hadn't beaten Ocarina of Time or played through all of Donkey Kong Country 1 until about a year ago despite having both games since the 90's. (for DKC, it was a hand-me-down copy from one of my cousins, who had gotten to the final boss)

MooMew64

M MooMew64 did you see this?
I have now

and

6ki286w72zd41[56].jpg

Now you've got my curiosity piqued, mate. Spill the beans.
Well...

- Despite being an Arlo-level Metroid guy, I've only beaten Super Metroid and Samus Returns for 2D Metroid, and only Prime 1 and 2 for 3D.

- I've only finished Pikmin 2 out of the whole series, despite loving it. I didn't get the true 100% ending yet, though.

- I adore Final Fantasy content but I've only beaten VII

- I have barely touched top-down Zelda and have only beaten Link's Awakening Remake and Link Between Worlds

- I haven't beaten Mario Sunshine

- I adore DK but have only ever played DK 64 to completion. ...I did 101% it, though. :dkmelee:

- I haven't finished a single 2D Mario.

- And this one will probably be the biggest shock to people here familiar with my posts: I have not finished a single 2D Sonic. Only 3D ones, and despite loving Blaze's character, I have barely touched Rush yet. Mainly due to having poor taste as a child and being bored by the game (REALLY wanna revisit soon, though).

I don't think I'd be too shocked - I hadn't beaten Ocarina of Time or played through all of Donkey Kong Country 1 until about a year ago despite having both games since the 90's. (for DKC, it was a hand-me-down copy from one of my cousins, who had gotten to the final boss)
DKC is interesting for me 'cause I've been meaning to play my GBA copies of 1 and 2 for years but then they dropped on 3DS, and I was like " Okay, I'll play them on that now." Then I procrastinated longer and now they're on Switch, so I'm probably gonna play them there now, lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just finished a second run of Tokyo Mirage sessions, underrated Persona game.
isn't that more of a Shin Megami Tensei game mixed with the lack of Ferdinand Von Aegir?

ok but...Rick...Morty...Amazon Zendaya Bunny

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Well...

- Despite being an Arlo-level Metroid guy, I've only beaten Super Metroid and Samus Returns for 2D Metroid, and only Prime 1 and 2 for 3D.

- And this one will probably be the biggest shock to people here familiar with my posts: I have not finished a single 2D Sonic. Only 3D ones, and despite loving Blaze's character, I have barely touched Rush yet. Mainly due to having poor taste as a child and being bored by the game (REALLY wanna revisit soon, though).
e40caf7d54996604fcef1d854627b5a5.png

You better rectify those mistakes ASAP or we're gonna have a serious problem.
JK

Noipoi

Howdy!
I have now

and

View attachment 323223

Well...

- I've only finished Pikmin 2 out of the whole series, despite loving it. I didn't get the true 100% ending yet, though.

- I adore Final Fantasy content but I've only beaten VII

- I have barely touched top-down Zelda and have only beaten Link's Awakening Remake and Link Between Worlds

- I haven't beaten Mario Sunshine

- I adore DK but have only ever played DK 64 to completion. ...I did 101% it, though. :dkmelee:

- I haven't finished a single 2D Mario.

DKC is interesting for me 'cause I've been meaning to play my GBA copies of 1 and 2 for years but then they dropped on 3DS, and I was like " Okay, I'll play them on that now." Then I procrastinated longer and now they're on Switch, so I'm probably gonna play them there now, lol.
If I am to continue considering you a friend and ally imma need to see you beat a couple DK games.

If you’re not going for 100% it’ll take you like, two hours each. Maybe less.

Not really lol

But you should finish em they’re good

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
If I am to continue considering you a friend and ally imma need to see you beta a couple DK games.

Not really lol

I've beaten DKC1 on the GBA.

MooMew64

View attachment 323227

You better rectify those mistakes ASAP or we're gonna have a serious problem.
JK
If I am to continue considering you a friend and ally imma need to see you beat a couple DK games.

Not really lol

Bright side to most of those games are that they're super short, and I already have them qued up to emulate/play when I'm ready to.

Probably after I finish Miitopia, which now that I'm wrapping up Sonic World today, I'm getting back to.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The Make a Friend task at the end of the research: laughs menacingly
I don't find it too hard as there are lots of randoms on Twitter who ask for friend requests or who ask for help with raids hourly. The task itself also isn't required to actually catch Meloetta, just finish the research after you catch it.

I can't remember if we are or not, but I already keep my FC in my signature. :)

If you can invite me to some raids “ScottyWoodard” need to get a few raid wins for challenges
I was trying to remember who on Smashboards that was. lol

I'll definitely throw one out if I stop being lazy, but at the moment I'm just doing things remotely by asking randoms on Twitter at the #PokemonGoRaids and the Pokemon Go Reddit discord. So far I've caught Regigias, Reshiram, Zekrom, Giratina, and Virizion from responding to requests there within the past two hours.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I don't find it too hard as there are lots of randoms on Twitter who ask for friend requests or who ask for help with raids hourly. The task itself also isn't required to actually catch Meloetta, just finish the research after you catch it.

I can't remember if we are or not, but I already keep my FC in my signature. :)
Yeah I know, just making a joke bout that one.

Reactions: ---

Ivander

Smash Legend
Of course everyone is begging for a Switch port of Metroid Prime Trilogy but what if we get a remake of Metroid Prime Hunters too?
Quite honestly, I want them to "remake" Prime Hunters, but with the Metroid Prime 1.5 concept.
Like this was a very interesting and cool read and I feel this concept would've worked great for Hunters. Not to mention with the implications of Samus possibly having to team with the Bounty Hunters in the concept, the idea of Samus working with Rundas, Ghor and Gandrayda, and some of the other hunters like Spire and Noxus, in a game that would happen before Prime 3 would be cool to see.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Of course everyone is begging for a Switch port of Metroid Prime Trilogy but what if we get a remake of Metroid Prime Hunters too?
I'd be conflicted as Hunters had an awful control scheme which could be rectified and I have nostalgia for the game in middleschool but the singleplayer campaign wasn't very good and that's what people want out of a Metroid game

MooMew64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom