• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You know, I wonder how this joke would fare post Lego Movie. I know it's meant to be parody, but I'm pretty sure the Olive Garden joke in the Sonic Movie was also parody and people really didn't like it.
I don't know what the Olive Garden joke is like but if people don't get the satire in Wayne's World they forfeit the right to complain.

Anyway, here's a similar scene.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Legit I speculate sometimes companies like Nintendo feel threatened by their own backlog.

Like, I legit do sometimes wonder if it's because they're scared people will like the old games too much that they won't buy new ones and that they'll harm sales.

Which is silly thinking and only shows a lack of confidence in your own project, but hey, I got no idea as to any better reason why companies act like making emulators is some Herculean feat when we've had people in their basements making near flawless emulation on their own dime for 2 decades now.
I think that simplifies things a bit much. It probably comes down to profit margins and wanting to keep the value of the IPs high. There is definitely the argument of getting one's fix through an older title but one could also assume there is probably more money to be made on newer releases, especially low budget re-releases they'll try and sell at full price, than putting the effort into researching and re-releasing games people automatically (and honestly rightfully) expect to be discounted.

NES/SNES are probably one and done now when it comes to emulation, they've been built upon and upon for over 20 years now, but public interest has arguably been waning. It wouldn't surprise me if they're undervaluing them now and seeing more money long term through the subscription service. Why they took down FE1 after only ~4 months though is beyond me and one of the dumbest things they've done IMO.

N64 is probably a mix of imperfect emulation and valuing the games more highly. On top of being a more multi-player based system and the weird controller, this system is in it's own weird nexus.

GC and beyond is probably valuing too highly or seeing chances to re-release at low budget but full price. Have heard of some potential issues regarding certain Wii games and motion control as well that would require extra effort. Ex. Metroid Prime 3

They'll harass YT channels and Twitch streamers who try to bring attention to it and try to flex some lawyer muscle on a ROM site or two at worst and that's about it.

Emulators themselves are 100% legal. Nintendo, by all accounts, can't stop a thing, and I'm dang thankful for that. Soooooo much art within the industry would be lost if they had their way.
Definitely think at this point it's more so a pandora's box situation lawyers are making them avoid than anything else at this point. IDK maybe it's me, but I think at this point with the industry as old as it is I don't think emulation is as much of a threat to profit as it once was or is seen as a given now and that companies just have to keep up appearances on in most cases.

To their credit, if there is one thing the Giga Leak has shown is that Nintendo is amazing when it comes to preserving things internally. They just don't want to share or make things public. It wouldn't surprise me if the Giga Leak would contain proof of concept stuff for the original Metroid Dread. lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don’t know why I like watching videos of my own park’s coasters, but it’s pretty cool.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I guess I'll try to watch Space Jam: A New Legacy as soon as I can. I'll have to buy HBO Max first, but that's something I've been putting off for a long time anyways. I'll probably enjoy it despite the criticism. It'll probably end up like the first movie where it's not critically acclaimed, but beloved anyways.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Many assumed it would be bad because of what it's a reboot of, but I didn't want to write it off. The show's concept has a lot of potential; you just have to write it well.
It definitely does, and from what I heard it's better and actually enjoyable this time.

TBH, Johnny Test has always beem a guilty pleasure of mine anyways

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I bought one of the digimon digital pets. I accidently bought the X-Antibody at first but after looking up info on it I decided just to get the original. I got a purple one.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
God I love when animals sit like that.

It seems as if Space Jam 2 is for people who can shut their brain off and enjoy a 2 hour ****post. So basically like Space Jam 1. I might check it out then, why not.

Also, lol at the animation nerds fuming over a movie with ****ing Big Chungus and Rick and Morty
I mean I definitely have some issues with the movie but I’m just glad to see western 2D animation back on the big screen for a bit

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
God I love when animals sit like that.

I mean I definitely have some issues with the movie but I’m just glad to see western 2D animation back on the big screen for a bit
Ye, the animation is solid as hell, notbsaying that 3D is bad but 2D can get away with a lotbwithought getting into the uncanny valley in comparison to 3D.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just bought something off of the foreign eshop for the first time. It feels legitimately weird to download foreign materials like that.

It was the expansion for Yokai watch 4, i dont really know what this expansion brings but i guess i'll find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom