• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I have zero interest in Vtubers as a concept and can't ever see myself watching their videos.

On a completely unrelated note, are there any cute guy Vtubers? Just asking for a friend?

Shroob

Sup?
I have zero interest in Vtubers as a concept and can't ever see myself watching their videos.

On a completely unrelated note, are there any cute guy Vtubers? Just asking for a friend?
A whole bunch. Nijisanji and Holostars have a ton of male vtubers.

My friend who does Vtubing as a hobby simps hard for a few.

Roberu

1626322953060.png

Shien
1626322973398.png

Temma
1626323083894.png

Arurandeisu

1626323017626.png

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That reminds me... I should research what a VTuber is and who the current ones are. I feel like a new one pops up every week so it’s hard to keep track and determine what the current discussed one is.
It’s basically a YouTube/Twitch channel but with a animated actor right?
They're not worth your time.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Y'know, what with my online avatar being an extremely fashionable lad in a wide array of outfits, I think I could make a pretty passable VTuber. I'd just have to get over my crippling social anxieties and hatred of my own voice in recording.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
tbf there's likely been far worse View attachment 322822
YouTube always doing some ****
Yeah, it's bad to the point where there's a full-on TED Talk explaining why Youtube Kids is a failure and a half. Which is why it's cathartic whenever a lot of the big users I like actively bite the hand that feeds them (SMG4 in particular).

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My nephews are really obsessed with brands and merchandise... corporatism. They are excited by it. They try and share their excitement when companies advertise their brands in various ways but I just can't get excited for that kind of thing anymore.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Either a Smash clone based Disney game or a Disney based racing game would be something I would like to see.

Anyways, just managed to tune in to the final episode of Loki:

Wasn't expecting to see Jonathan Majors' Kang feature in the MCU so soon. But after watching the episode and seeing how the timeline is branching off to different realities, it looks like this is certainly going to make things interesting within the MCU's future going forward especially for the likes of Spider-Man: No Way Home, Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Ant Man & the Wasp: Quantumania as well as the recently announced second season of Loki.
I hope you prayed for a safe trip...cause Marvel is gonna take us for a ride
Yeah, it's bad to the point where there's a full-on TED Talk explaining why Youtube Kids is a failure and a half. Which is why it's cathartic whenever a lot of the big users I like actively bite the hand that feeds them (SMG4 in particular).
ah SMG4...the good stuff

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Man, i hate drawing
People's only like drawings of girls with huge unreal balloons on her chest , they don't give a shot about landscape are and even if they did, imma not good enough for them. My ****ty ass "drawings" suck ass
Lewds sell, that is one of the sad facts in life. If it ain't a painting from some bygone era in art history its not going to sell well. Unless you do OC commissions

Shroob

Sup?
We pretty much know what island the One Piece is on. It's getting there that's the problem.
The joke is ever getting there.

When we do, they'll open a box and say "Oh btw the real treasure is on another island."

TWO PIECE sequel manga let's goooo.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Local librarian who was nice to me left.

1626345040759.png

That's ****.

They’re propaganda, it’s brainwashing, and possibly definitely satanic. Do not engage.

The others have been brainwashed, especially Wade. Poor guy didn’t stand a chance…

Please, before it’s too late. DON’T. WATCH. VTUBERS.
1. The **** is your pfp? Cursed Pikachu ****.

2. We will force people to watch it! You will convert Noi!

1626345159115.png

NonsensicalThings

Smash Apprentice
See, my thing with VTubers is that when I’m watching someone’s content, I need to be able to jive and connect with them, and I really struggle to connect with a content creator who I know is playing a character and not being themselves, if that makes sense?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't even watch vtubers but YouTube keeps recommending me clips of [vtuber] says/does something sexual.

D

Deleted member

Honestly?

I don’t really “watch” vtubers that much.

I watch the memes that people make of them :yeahboi:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
See, my thing with VTubers is that when I’m watching someone’s content, I need to be able to jive and connect with them, and I really struggle to connect with a content creator who I know is playing a character and not being themselves, if that makes sense?
Isn't the thing that make Vtuber as popular as they are is that they do blend the "playing a character" part and being themselves too?

Like they're supposed to be idols & nice girls overall, but they end up saying or doing things no actual idols would do.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I can see where you're coming from but do keep in mind that most YouTubers also have a particular persona they use on the job. I heavily doubt that they overreact to smallest things and make non-stop snarky comments in their daily life.

I'm not saying this in a negative way. Acting is also a valuable job and "being yourself" on-camera burns you out like crazy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man, I am really glad I got back into Yugioh right around the same time my locals opened up events for it again.

I was really hoping to do Tag Duels last February, but anything is better than nothing.

Now the real question is, do I take my Heros or try to rebuild Darkfluid Turbo? 🤔

NonsensicalThings

Smash Apprentice
I can see where you're coming from but do keep in mind that most YouTubers also have a particular persona they use on the job. I heavily doubt that they overreact to smallest things and make non-stop snarky comments in their daily life.

I'm not saying this in a negative way. Acting is also a valuable job and "being yourself" on-camera burns you out like crazy.
Oh yeah, totally. The thing for me though is that even if you are having a persona, I can still connect to the person behind that persona most of the time. With V-Tubers, between trying to look different, acting more like annanimated character than a real person, putting on a voice(?) etc., it becomes a lot harder for me to say “This is a real person I believe and can connect with.”

Now of course that’s going off my frankly limited knowledge of what a V Tuber is, so keep that in mind. LOL

D

Deleted member

There have been severe floods here in Germany near where I live, to the point even international media is reporting on it. Luckily the city where I actually live has been spared and is safe.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
This will no doubt come as a shock to many of you guys but I've yet to give in to the whole VTuber craze.

...But Gawr Gura singing the Gurren Lagann theme song almost made me cave. Almost.
I'm not into it. I just like the designs and Gawr Gura's.

I'm not a Hololive fan but rather...... An observer of it.

Maybe if we got a Hololive fighting game or full JRPG or anime then yes, I'll convert.

D

Deleted member

I've been making great progress on my base
Screenshot 2021-07-15 8.25.21 AM.jpg

I'm probably going to add a map mod to my modpack because knowing me if I don't I 100% am going to forget where my base is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom