• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
She has a little Metroid DNA, so a "little" bit.
Idk if this would work with the world. But I think it would be cool if there was a mechanic where that DNA gave her some sort of special ability but using it causes her to loose more and more of her humanity causing her to become more and more Metroid-like as the game goes on unless you can somehow purify yourself or re-assert your humanity…. Sounds like a plot element from a Metroid hack and slash the more I describe it.

Shroob

Sup?
Idk if this would work with the world. But I think it would be cool if there was a mechanic where that DNA gave her some sort of special ability but using it causes her to loose more and more of her humanity causing her to become more and more Metroid-like as the game goes on unless you can somehow purify yourself or re-assert your humanity…. Sounds like a plot element from a Metroid hack and slash the more I describe it.
I mean, I don't think that's how that works. If anything, it's the Metroid DNA that kept her immune from the X-Parasite.

Then there's also the narrative reason behind it, since the DNA was from "THE BABY".

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why must every boss in this game make me hate them before I beat them. Like. I don’t feel like I have anywhere near the ammount of health and aeon gauge to beat the Queen. Like… I don’t have room to make mistakes and I hate that. Let me mess up without crippling me. What’s the point of getting all these health tanks if one or two hits from any boss eil

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Work is dragging by really slowly today. Doesn't help that I have some muscle aches.

At least tomorrow is my weekend. I'll probably spend all of tomorrow just lazing about.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Black Widow casually making $80 million in the domestic box office, $60 million on Disney+, and $78 million from international ticket sales ($218 million made total in only 3 days)

First time Disney has ever talked about Disney+ Premier Access sales for a movie...and of course it'd be a successful Marvel dub
Good to see that Black Widow is doing good within the box office numbers considering the current situation.

But what I do find funny is that those "hate channels" are attempting to spin the narrative around in which as to reiterate what the girl at the end of the Encanto trailer had said "I think their gift is being in denial."

See how Shang-Chi, Eternals and Spider-Man: No Way Home does when they come out.

Most certainly Spider-Man: No Way Home will make amounts of money. Can't say the same for Shang-Chi and Eternals, both could be surprise hits like Guardians was or make money similar to Doctor Strange and Ant-Man. Too early to tell.
I predict both Shang Chi and Eternals will perform decently well although Spider-Man: No Way Home is more likely to gain a lot within the box office numbers.

NonsensicalThings

Smash Apprentice
**** why didn’t they get him to make the model? Woulda looked way better.
I mean, you’d be surprised. There are a lot of talented individuals behind that video, but they were unfortunately given a ridiculously tight schedule to make the entire video. (I think it was a week or something insane like that?)

With a schedule that tight it’s actually impressive it came out looking as good as it did. They actually do a good amount of things in that video I wish I knew how to do.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm playing AC: Brotherhood and it's quite possibly one of yhe most unfun games I've ever played. It's like the game's trying to take every precaution that everything I do is punished by an unescapable fighting sequence with terrible controls and even worse camera.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm playing AC: Brotherhood and it's quite possibly one of yhe most unfun games I've ever played. It's like the game's trying to take every precaution that everything I do is punished by an unescapable fighting sequence with terrible controls and even worse camera.
How far on are you?

D

Deleted member

I sense that I'm on thin ice right now with NSO of a temporary ban, as connections drop more on my side. So, I'll just not play online again until late this year by saving up for a wired connection setup, and a wireless arcade stick in return. By then, the people that I've mentored and briefly advised should be more formidable than me in fighting games when I return. However, I rather replace the faulty original model first with the current one in October.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I loved Captain Marvel but I won’t deny that Black Widow did a much better job of empowering a woman superhero. The whole movie is based around women and it’s done exceptionally. They don’t constantly call attention to the fact that the Widows are all women and yet they made sure they’re totally bad ass. Captain Marvel did the same but some parts of it like the “I have nothing to prove” scene do feel a bit forced.

Honestly though if it hadn’t been for how much better Black Widow did it I wouldn’t have even noticed the flaws in Captain Marvel so I guess that proves that Marvel is simply having constant improvement in that regard. Especially since good ole Joss made it a point to call Widow a monster for not being able to have children. Thanks Joss.

On the quest to gather 2500 f.
I'll give it another shot but probably gonna drop it.
You have to get into the open open world for it to hit its stride and you get a lot of freedom to travel Rome and rebuild it at your own pace. It’s a checklist game though so I get it’s not for everyone but you don’t HAVE to do everything but there’s good rewards for doing everything. I’d say give it till you can just roam Rome and if you still don’t like it then then, yeah, drop it. No reason to play something you find unfun.

D

Deleted member

Wow, discord certainly brought out the worst offensive behavior in me possible, from yesterday, but that was their intention so, all along. Anyway, I've deleted that server where it's members there were persistently attacking me, by pushing me to say things that I wouldn't usually say. All that, over them mocking me prior for having a certain "doneness" and "method" preference for a steak. It turns out that the 50 year old who was attacking me there was actually in his earlier 30s. Online misrepresentation annoys me. I'm not alone in having these moments, especially since my impulse control is very low for these who I can't tolerate. Tch. He was right about the Armored Core community. Good riddance to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Finished the sixth season of Gintama and the Forever Yorozuya movie. I think I'll take a break before I tackle the rest of the series, Gintama is best absorbed between breaks after all.

Besides that I've finally started Cold Steel and I'm having fun with the chill setting after the absolute madness that was Azure. Since this is the first game of an arc, I'm gonna take a guess and say like all first games of arcs in Trails we probably won't see the cool **** until the final chapter.

Oh and have a cool remix that just released:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Good to see that Black Widow is doing good within the box office numbers considering the current situation.

But what I do find funny is that those "hate channels" are attempting to spin the narrative around in which as to reiterate what the girl at the end of the Encanto trailer had said "I think their gift is being in denial."
the few hate that the movie gets that somehow doesn’t involve “women” online is quite disturbing…so that denial part is at least unique…too bad for them to have “accidentally” given Natasha her money
I loved Captain Marvel but I won’t deny that Black Widow did a much better job of empowering a woman superhero. The whole movie is based around women and it’s done exceptionally. They don’t constantly call attention to the fact that the Widows are all women and yet they made sure they’re totally bad ass. Captain Marvel did the same but some parts of it like the “I have nothing to prove” scene do feel a bit forced.

Honestly though if it hadn’t been for how much better Black Widow did it I wouldn’t have even noticed the flaws in Captain Marvel so I guess that proves that Marvel is simply having constant improvement in that regard. Especially since good ole Joss made it a point to call Widow a monster for not being able to have children. Thanks Joss.
it also helps that Nat is far more connectable than Carol is within the MCU. Though with Kamala and Monica making a rise up the ranks, they could become people who can improve upon Danvers and her characteristics (and if Rogue shows up…well you already know that benefit)
Figured you guys would like this
Daisy best Mario woman (followed by Pauline)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
hey uh did the font change for anyone else on this site just curious

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
No offense, but isn't that the plot of Metroid Prime 3 but with extra steps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom