• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Huge congratulations to Italy and hard luck to England.

So I guess it is not coming home like they had said, but instead its going to Rome.
Italy deserve it because they actually played the game for the full 120 minutes
England switched off after two minutes and then put the pressure on a bunch of kids to score penalties

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Italy deserve it because they actually played the game for the full 120 minutes
England switched off after two minutes and then put the pressure on a bunch of kids to score penalties
I actually have to agree with this. After Shaw scored, Italy just kept the momentum going and kept on pushing for a goal in which they eventually did in the second half and like you said England just switched off and putting pressure on these young players costed them.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well that was fun football wise.

I'd stick around here tonight but eh. And now anxiety is kicking in cause of loud noises outside. Great.

I need something nice and cutesy anime wise. Might watch Non Non Biyori or Nisekoi.

Last edited:

duxx

Smash Ace
I was looking through some of my old mons, and my nicknames are crap. Here's a couple so you get the idea:
KICKER the Hitmonlee
Hitpunch the Throh
darkxs the Liepard (I didn't know how to spell Dark at the time, still woulda been bad either way)
HY-YAH the Meditite
BANANAS the Mankey
COLLIN (Male Symbol) the Cranidos
HARDER the Metapod (Yeah.....)
BUGGY the Beautifly
CACCOONA the Butterfree (I think I named it this because it used to be a Metapod)
Awesome the Sableye
Firebug the Larvesta
COOLEOSEA the Buizel
There's probably more. My younger self sucked ass at naming.
COLLIN ♂ is the greatest name i've ever seen

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Tell your friend I said he’s a great artist. Like unironically it takes a lotta skill to produce something like this, even if it looks super wonky.

Don’t add that last part :nifty:
Oh he didn't model that human. He modelled the bedroom.
His human models ain't half bad, actually. 👀

You mean you don't go to Smashboards for [REDACTED]?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh he didn't model that human. He modelled the bedroom.
His human models ain't half bad, actually. 👀
**** why didn’t they get him to make the model? Woulda looked way better.

D

Deleted member

Yknow, being a ride operator has given me an appreciation for theme parks and how much of a logistical mess it is to keep it open.

Each ride needs its own power source(and I don’t just mean a few outlets, I’m talking warehouse-sized buildings whose sole purpose is to generate power) needs to be certified every few years by a state-sponsored group that isn’t the park, needs to be inspected by at least 2 individual groups each and every morning and night from top to bottom(Maintenance clears the ride for operation in the morning, and then I and/or any other operators with me goes around and check everything again to make sure it’s good to go. Sometimes my management does this for me, but that’s pretty rare.) and that’s just for 1 single, individual ride. Multiply that by 20-30 and it turns from a somewhat tedious task, into a huge logistical nightmare.

Hell, even getting to this point was a huge mess. Every ride operator needs to pass the iROC,(although it’s less of a test and more of a slideshow presentation that just straight up tells you what you’re supposed to and not supposed to do) you need to spend a few days doing the general training, and then, and only then, do you start training on the rides.

Now, of course, training every single operator on every single ride is a bit too difficult of a task(although higher ups like Crew Leaders and Supervisors are trained on everything because otherwise they wouldn’t be able to take our place to give us our breaks), so what my theme park does is group all the rides into sections and train you on them. This is still a very tedious process, though.

First, you’re given the “Big Talk,” which is basically where they just read from this big binder that has all the relevant information for each ride in it.
Then, you have to take a written exam, which is almost always 30+ questions written in the most legalistic way you can possibly imagine.
After that, you have to find a different trainer, and have them give you an oral exam. It’s basically just the written exam, but without pen and paper.
Finally, you have to do a certain number of cycles per ride, where you(under the wing of your trainer, of course) go through and operate the ride with actual guests. Mind you, this is the standard procedure for getting certified on every ride, so the actual time will vary depending on the ride, how many positions the ride has(roller coasters for example, always have multiple operators in the station and you have to be individually trained on each) but it’s usually somewhere between 2-3 hours for a single operator ride, 5-8 for a multi-operator ride.

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention your training “expires” at the end of the season, and you have to start over each year? :yoshi:

That’s not even beginning to talk about stuff like swing sheets(basically our legal document that tells the state I work in when we got our legally required breaks) sign in/out sheets, it’s such a huge mess of so many different legal documents on top of having to interact and communicate with guests.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Yeah it really is, Makes you wonder what type of voice he would have and who would voice him is the manga ever got made into a movie/anime.
I picture Tim Curry.

I just watched the Detective Pikachu movie for the first time.

However, it was in Spanish due to it being shown on a Latino channel.

Good thing Spanish is my second language.:pikachu:
Let me guess, WAPA.

My grandmother was watching it, it was surreal to see her enjoying something Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom