• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Watched Black Widow. Was pretty good.

It did a better job at characterizing Natasha than anything MCU did so far combined
kinda the main benefit in getting to be the top star of top star of a movie or show. Iron Man 2 through Infinity War didn't really have Natasha be the main focus in character development, so all those teases inbetween them all got to end up being a benefit in the end of her life (like how Wanda and Sam got massive developments for having their own solo projects, even with ViShawn and Bucky being the 2nd most important).

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Seriously EA? How hard is it to make a different version in gameplay for Switch instead of rehashing the same dog's dinner?

1626033694525.png

This is proof that they have done before with EA. SSX was amazing.

Just have a mode where you can have Nintendo Costumes and a Mario and Zelda themed stadium at least.

Or IDK.........something with Motion Controls.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Seriously EA? How hard is it to make a different version in gameplay for Switch instead of rehashing the same dog's dinner?

View attachment 322381

Just have a mode where you can have Nintendo Costumes and a Mario and Zelda themed stadium at least.

EA Sports games are LOOOONG overdue to change from annual releases to a live service.

They are way behind the times in this day and age and the archaic formula needs to go away.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 322381
This is proof that they have done before with EA. SSX was amazing.

Wasn't there also a basketball game which had Mario, Luigi and Peach as exclusive content for the Game Cube? Though granted, I don't remember if that was an EA game. NBA Streets, or something like this?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
EA Sports games are LOOOONG overdue to change from annual releases to a live service.

They are way behind the times in this day and age and the archaic formula needs to go away.
That's the thing and what Konami tried to do with PES but **** happened. It is so easily done but no we need money.

It's one of the best selling games in the world no matter what! Even if the next one has N64 graphics all of a sudden wee chavvy Brendan in his Adidas and his 1000 clones will still buy it!

Wasn't there also a basketball game which had Mario, Luigi and Peach as exclusive content for the Game Cube? Though granted, I don't remember if that was an EA game. NBA Streets, or something like this?
Yep.

And it's proof that the last best game that EA made that was a nice spin on it's sports games was FIFA Street.

D

Deleted member

Just give me a new Mario Strikers and all will be well... and I don't even like football. Though I fear this kind of style would be too edgy for current Nintendo, who would rather have their Mario be squeaky clean. And I'd rather not have another soulless game like in Sports Superstars, if anyone even remembers that game.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I was looking through some of my old mons, and my nicknames are crap. Here's a couple so you get the idea:
KICKER the Hitmonlee
Hitpunch the Throh
darkxs the Liepard (I didn't know how to spell Dark at the time, still woulda been bad either way)
HY-YAH the Meditite
BANANAS the Mankey
COLLIN (Male Symbol) the Cranidos
HARDER the Metapod (Yeah.....)
BUGGY the Beautifly
CACCOONA the Butterfree (I think I named it this because it used to be a Metapod)
Awesome the Sableye
Firebug the Larvesta
COOLEOSEA the Buizel
There's probably more. My younger self sucked ass at naming.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
View attachment 322373

I had to experience this **** once at Wembley. Why I hate crowds so much.
Same here when I went to watch Beyonce's concert at Wembley years ago. But my concern is that crowds are still going despite the ongoing cases rising which is beyond ridiculous.

EDIT: Also as of today, one month until Marvel's What If arrives on Disney+.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Can't speak on WWE
cause outside of the abomination known as WWE 2K20 and the eh 2K Battlegrounds, our side of the sports games have somehow managed to stay alive (especially them Fire Pro Wrestling games)

tho when it comes to every other sports game, we gotta give them credit on at least one thing...um...soundtrack? Yeah...the soundtrack...I'm pretty sure that's good enough

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, question for folks more knowledgeable on Sw/Sh than I am. What exactly is the canonicity of Twilight Wings? I'm assuming it's non-canon, though nothing in Twilight Wings contradicts the events of Sw/Sh, far as I'm aware.

I miss being young enough that chicken butt was peak comedy
Move over chicken butt, tiny jelly bean astronauts and family are the peak examples of comedy now. :4pacman:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So, question for folks more knowledgeable on Sw/Sh than I am. What exactly is the canonicity of Twilight Wings? I'm assuming it's non-canon, though nothing in Twilight Wings contradicts the events of Sw/Sh, far as I'm aware.
I don't think there's a proper source on it, but I consider it as neat little side things that occurred before the game did. Gives some world depth.

Again, I dunno if it's confirmed canon or not. Hopefully it is.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Black Widow casually making $80 million in the domestic box office, $60 million on Disney+, and $78 million from international ticket sales ($218 million made total in only 3 days)

First time Disney has ever talked about Disney+ Premier Access sales for a movie...and of course it'd be a successful Marvel dub

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think it’s meant to be one of those things that could be canon, but it’s never explicitly made clear if it is or not. As you said, nothing contradicts the games story. So it totally could be canon.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And not surprisingly Black Widow is already dominating the box office. Only a matter of time until it bumps F9 and Godzilla vs. Kong to 2nd and 3rd place.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Black Widow casually making $80 million in the domestic box office, $60 million on Disney+, and $78 million from international ticket sales ($218 million made total in only 3 days)

First time Disney has ever talked about Disney+ Premier Access sales for a movie...and of course it'd be a successful Marvel dub
See how Shang-Chi, Eternals and Spider-Man: No Way Home does when they come out.

Most certainly Spider-Man: No Way Home will make amounts of money. Can't say the same for Shang-Chi and Eternals, both could be surprise hits like Guardians was or make money similar to Doctor Strange and Ant-Man. Too early to tell.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Speaking of sports titles:

While I'm in the camp that's actually pretty satisfied with the new Mario Golf, I'd like to see Nintendo let Camelot have more time with these titles. I'm not against the soft-launch approach (especially when the later content is free), but my word Nintendo needs to stop relying on it as heavily as they are with games like Animal Crossing, Splatoon, Kirby, Mario Tennis, and Mario Golf. At the very least, they need to be more upfront about the kind of support they're actually gonna recieve and for how long, because I'm getting really tired of the constant "Tee hee, it might get something, who knows? :pikachumelee:"

Can you tell I'm starting to get salty about Animal Crossing? lol

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Speaking of sports titles:

While I'm in the camp that's actually pretty satisfied with the new Mario Golf, I'd like to see Nintendo let Camelot have more time with these titles. I'm not against the soft-launch approach (especially when the later content is free), but my word Nintendo needs to stop relying on it as heavily as they are with games like Animal Crossing, Splatoon, Kirby, Mario Tennis, and Mario Golf. At the very least, they need to be more upfront about the kind of support they're actually gonna recieve and for how long, because I'm getting really tired of the constant "Tee hee, it might get something, who knows? :pikachumelee:"

Can you tell I'm starting to get salty about Animal Crossing? lol
You just reminded me I haven’t turned on ACNH in a month. They probably think I’m dead.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
There was a problem fetching the tweet

All I have to say is thank goodness I do not live in London.

But other than that, this is really disgraceful scenes caused by these English fans and if the UK government questions why cases are rising up in the country, here is the answer.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
You just reminded me I haven’t turned on ACNH in a month. They probably think I’m dead.
I've barely touched it in months.

Don't get me wrong, I adore the game and will definitely pick it back up once my backlog is cleaned up at the end of the summer (especially since Destiny has no expansion this year, meaning there's gonna be a content lull that'll let me play other games), but maaaaaaan they just really threw the game to the wolves for no reason. It's Mario Maker 2 all over again: So much missed potential.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
There was a problem fetching the tweet

All I have to say is thank goodness I do not live in London.

But other than that, this is really disgraceful scenes caused by these English fans and if the UK government questions why cases are rising up in the country, here is the answer.
Man Army of the Dead 2 is looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom