• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gotten to rewatching my favorite childhood and Disney film Pinocchio. Night made it better that dad joined me in watching it.

Man so many memories watching it many times as a kid. Also intend to watch it again the day that live-action remake (Which I'm utterly pissed off about being again my favorite Disney film) comes out to spite Disney and why those lifeless cash grabs just don't have the magic to the animated classics.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I wouldn't go near Twitter with a six foot pole Andrea. And with how toxic it is and some communities I think it's best to showcase somewhere smaller like here until a place like that becomes super reformed.

By the way I have liked your art and hope to see it more of it.
Oh yeah, I have seen it...it's honestly terrifying. And certain people I am afraid of are there...

But thankfully, have been showing my stuff here since ages and I am really happy that you and many others have enjoyed my work so far. :3 It means a lot to me that you do, Irepan!. I mean, thanks to many friends here I finally began to get over my fear of taking commissions. Of course I still get a TEENY BIT nervous because all I want is to reach or somehow be able to surpass expectations, doing my very best with my current abilities but I always try to take them as new learning experiences to improve. <3

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That said Pinocchio (1940) is amongst my favorite films alongside the Heisei Gamera Trilogy, Godzilla (1954), and The Brave Little Toaster.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This is SO interesting to me. Bloopers almost never make it into the game’s files since the audio folks just cut it out. Wonder why this was an exception.
Either it was unused but remained in the files but not put in the game or they just forgot to take it out of the game

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Oh yeah, I have seen it...it's honestly terrifying. And certain people I am afraid of are there...

But thankfully, have been showing my stuff here since ages and I am really happy that you and many others have enjoyed my work so far. :3 It means a lot to me that you do, Irepan!. I mean, thanks to many friends here I finally began to get over my fear of taking commissions. Of course I still get a TEENY BIT nervous because all I want is to reach or somehow be able to surpass expectations, doing my very best with my current abilities but I always try to take them as new learning experiences to improve. <3
Glad you are. And I'm like that as well with my writing but thanks to a few people here I've gotten more confident in it. And I've found someone who I can super freely talk to. I really owe it to Wademan94 Wademan94 especially for getting helping me a lot.

Honestly I'd be up for asking you for a commission one day but I'd always feel like I'd have to repay for an act in exchange.

Gotten to rewatching my favorite childhood and Disney film Pinocchio. Night made it better that dad joined me in watching it.

Man so many memories watching it many times as a kid. Also intend to watch it again the day that live-action remake (Which I'm utterly pissed off about being again my favorite Disney film) comes out to spite Disney and why those lifeless cash grabs just don't have the magic to the animated classics.
I vow to never ever watch Pinocchio again since an incident as a young kid. Turns out forcing a five year old with autism to watch the donkey scene would result in him screaming and crying the school down and then he passed out. I still remember that.

Everything else animated from Disney is fair game but that.

No

Well here it is.
Aw.

Also and just saying but I appreciate your confidence in showing your real name on Twitter. I just wouldn't do that if I were you if you say something and some go way too far.
Being a bit concerned for a forum member.

Gawr Gura is now the most popular VTuber, she’s overtaken Kizuna AI.
Now that is great news for our shark.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Except it does. Marvel had the Square Games and the Sony Spider-Man games and UA3 and probably a dozen others we don’t know about. DC has what? A Batman spinoff, a Suicide Squad game…. And Injustice. Your asking to take one of those away and give it to the company that already has plenty.
as you casually ignore
  • the entire Arkham franchise (7 games)
  • Telltale Batman (2 seasons)
  • All 4 Lego DC games
  • constant updates on DC Universe Online
  • Wolf Among Us (& in the future season 2 occurs)
  • DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power (which actually got good reviews)
all while Marvel sat on the sidelines with massive games outside of Lego until 2018 (no offense MvCI). 2 Insomiac Spidey games (2018 and 2020) and MUA3 (2019) are so far their big dubs while Avengers (2020) is a massive L, while GOTG and the mobile MMO game Future Revolution (...both 2021 aka this year) we await to see. DC hasn't been unloved in the gaming divison.

Also...Suicide Squad kills the Justice League and Gotham Knights are both gonna be hype so idk why you treating it like it's nothing of importance

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I vow to never ever watch Pinocchio again since an incident as a young kid. Turns out forcing a five year old with autism to watch the donkey scene would result in him screaming and crying the school down and then he passed out. I still remember that.

Everything else animated from Disney is fair game but that.
To this day and after rewatching the film again, I still question and wonder how that scene never scared me as a kid. Looking back it now, it's pretty ****** up and the fact the Coachman remains the only Disney villain to date that got away with his crimes, a feat no other Disney villain accomplished.

That scene alone is scarier then any modern horror films combined.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Either it was unused but remained in the files but not put in the game or they just forgot to take it out of the game
Oh yeah, it’s certainly one of the two, I’m just curious how it got into the files in the first place. Maybe that wasn’t a blooper, and was just an unused line? Seems unlikely.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
as you casually ignore
  • the entire Arkham franchise (7 games)
  • Telltale Batman (2 seasons)
  • All 4 Lego DC games
  • constant updates on DC Universe Online
  • Wolf Among Us (& in the future season 2 occurs)
  • DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power (which actually got good reviews)
all while Marvel sat on the sidelines with massive games outside of Lego until 2018 (no offense MvCI). 2 Insomiac Spidey games (2018 and 2020) and MUA3 (2019) are so far their big dubs while Avengers (2020) is a massive L, while GOTG and the mobile MMO game Future Revolution (...both 2021 aka this year) we await to see. DC hasn't been unloved in the gaming divison.

Also...Suicide Squad kills the Justice League and Gotham Knights are both gonna be hype so idk why you treating it like it's nothing of importance
I was talking recent releases but ok.

Also Marvel has almost as many Lego games and the number will probably be equal after Skywalker Saga.

And as you remind me of Batman Telletale, I remind you of Guardians of the Galaxy Telletale.

Also Wolf Among us is creator owned. DC just publishes it.

Dutch Raikuna

To this day and after rewatching the film again, I still question and wonder how that scene never scared me as a kid. Looking back it now, it's pretty ****** up and the fact the Coachman remains the only Disney villain to date that got away with his crimes, a feat no other Disney villain accomplished.

That scene alone is scarier then any modern horror films combined.
Like yeah it scared me more than anything in my life honestly. Won't say what else. And the incident is pretty vivid in my head.

I remember splitting it to the bathroom and the teacher trying to chase me and I remember one of the classroom assistants phoning my dad and going home. Making matters worse this was around Halloween which also terrified me even more.

Yeah it was bad. Not the last time I passed out from a video/movie in school. Turns out an edu-programme that featured someone melting was a bad decision too.

And look at me now.

AndreaAC

Glad you are. And I'm like that as well with my writing but thanks to a few people here I've gotten more confident in it. And I've found someone who I can super freely talk to. I really owe it to Wademan94 Wademan94 Wademan94 Wademan94 especially for getting helping me a lot.

Honestly I'd be up for asking you for a commission one day but I'd always feel like I'd have to repay for an act in exchange.
:3 Happy to hear that! I have done quite a lot with my writing too, not only with drawings...it's just relaxing somehow. And I have noticed at least quite the considerable change in comparison to my old written drafts from 5 or so years ago. :D I would love to see your work someday! x3 And I can totally agree with that, Wademan94 Wademan94 is a great friend.

:D Thank you, again means a lot! :o Though what do you mean repaying for an act in exchange? Sorry if I get a bit confused, sometimes I cannot understand some English sentences at first.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
:3 Happy to hear that! I have done quite a lot with my writing too, not only with drawings...it's just relaxing somehow. And I have noticed at least quite the considerable change in comparison to my old written drafts from 5 or so years ago. :D I would love to see your work someday! x3 And I can totally agree with that, Wademan94 Wademan94 is a great friend.

:D Thank you, again means a lot! :o Though what do you mean repaying for an act in exchange? Sorry if I get a bit confused, sometimes I cannot understand some English sentences at first.
Ooh! I'm gonna have to see some of that writing someday!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I was talking recent releases but ok.

Also Marvel has almost as many Lego games and the number will probably be equal after Skywalker Saga.

And as you remind me of Batman Telletale, I remind you of Guardians of the Galaxy Telletale.

Also Wolf Among us is creator owned. DC just publishes it.
DC owns the now dead Vertigo, the company that made the comics, so...a DC game. 3 Telltale games for DC vs the 1 from Marvel

and most of those games named are both recent and still quite fresh (Arkham releases helps, but so does the VR game). Teen Power released last month, and DC Villains was 2018 (as I leave out the mobile games)

AndreaAC

Ooh! I'm gonna have to see some of that writing someday!
Oh I would love to show you, my friend, but...

My still on-going written project while better than 5 or so years ago when I made the first actual written draft (I have actually have had this project since...2006 or so), you would need a whole ton of context and background information out of how "insane" of an idea it is. xD I mainly made it to make myself happy, plus I was inspired from a great writer friend of mine.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
DC owns the now dead Vertigo, the company that made the comics, so...a DC game. 3 Telltale games for DC vs the 1 from Marvel

and most of those games named are both recent and still quite fresh (Arkham releases helps, but so does the VR game). Teen Power released last month, and DC Villains was 2018 (as I leave out the mobile games)
Dude. Go to the steam page if Wolf Among Us and look at the copyright. The dude who created it is who the whole thing is copyrighted to.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Glad you are. And I'm like that as well with my writing but thanks to a few people here I've gotten more confident in it. And I've found someone who I can super freely talk to. I really owe it to Wademan94 Wademan94 especially for getting helping me a lot.
DADBF39C-9636-4D86-B0DA-115D3F5A014F.jpeg

Shucks guys, you’re gittin me all flustered here

Me and my brother agreed she’s 100% getting her 3D model first in EN, lol.
Hate to break it to you guys but…

Dutch Raikuna

Aw man I'm just looking through the old BBC Look and Read programmes ( dezeray112 dezeray112 you remember them in school?) and I can just imagine the powers that be in the afterlife asking me how I went from this:

1625277007487.png

........to this:

REVENGEI!.jpg

In a span of 15 years.

Anyways I think I need to go to bed.

Sorry I know English isn't your first language (and me being Irish I have the laziest version) so I should be more clear.

What I meant was that it would feel like I would have to do something for you if you did a commission if asked. I would do something like a writing project centered around one of your characters as a thank you.

It's the same with Wade. He's drawn one of my characters in the past and I feel obligated to do something for him. An idea on my side was to write a small sparring match between his two lead characters and my two lead characters.

That being said I'd be more than happy to read anything of yours or if you use Discord to join in the group where me and Wade talk about our story work. Would you be up for that?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh I would love to show you, my friend, but...

My still on-going written project while better than 5 or so years ago when I made the first actual written draft (I have actually have had this project since...2006 or so), you would need a whole ton of context and background information out of how "insane" of an idea it is. xD I mainly made it to make myself happy, plus I was inspired from a great writer friend of mine.
Oh yeah, big emphasis on "someday". Take your time with it!

Dutch Raikuna

Yeah I'm knackered.

I was planning on going to bed early and getting a train to the north coast tomorrow but realised I couldn't until my new pay card arrived and I needed to get more music on my phone. I'll do in a few days.

So yeah...........

Goodnight ****lords.

AndreaAC

Sorry I know English isn't your first language (and me being Irish I have the laziest version) so I should be more clear.
:D You know, you're still pretty lucky! I was curious (and I still am) about the Irish language and it's honestly quite something that I had never seen or heard before...I would like to actually learn it someday. :3 And no worries! Thank you so much for clarifying!

What I meant was that it would feel like I would have to do something for you if you did a commission if asked. I would do something like a writing project centered around one of your characters as a thank you.
Oh, okay, okay...I mean, thank you so much for thinking about that! Though really, it wouldn't be necessary, my friend (Plus again, would need a whole bunch of context). For a commission what I only need is to get the payment for the work that I have done, really. Well, other than that being the main thing, what I like to do is to be in communication with my client to make sure I am going the right direction when it comes to what they're looking for in regards of what they asked for, you know, getting feedback and the like. Even when what I am doing is left to my criteria by the client, I still like to show how things are coming along.

It's the same with Wade. He's drawn one of my characters in the past and I feel obligated to do something for him. An idea on my side was to write a small sparring match between his two lead characters and my two lead characters.
:3 If you know those characters you probably did a flawless job I am sure! And I have no doubt Wade enjoyed it!

That being said I'd be more than happy to read anything of yours or if you use Discord to join in the group where me and Wade talk about our story work. Would you be up for that?
xD I mean I would be PRETTY nervous....because my work is not...that simple to understand. I tried to show that on public once long ago, and that was the worst decisions I could have ever taken, though I did learn from it so, I am not doing that ever again. :3 Still, thank you so much for considering it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom