• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well? What are you waiting for?

GIVE HER YOUR FACE :052:
Now that's just creepy. Ironically that VTuber somewhat resembled the VTuber FilmCow came up with: Vulo the Face Borrower. lol

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Just need to say one thing though.

WARNING: Being friends with an Irish person will NOT result in the following:

1625267838193.png

**** that should have been my St Patricks Day joke.

I know what you did Noi.

I know your scheme...........................Think you can get my pot of gold?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Confused and slightly upset.
I’m working on a concept for “Street Fighter 6” and like… I cut them. Bison because at the point in the story I’m setting it… he’s dead and gone. And I’m ditching Zangief and Dhalsim to go with Haggar and Necro. Like… I just figured they weren’t needed. Each of them still has a presence in the narrative by way of interacting with other characters (Bison Ghost is spoopy), but yeah. They’re not playable to make room for other characters.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If the rumours about Netherrealm working on a Marvel game are true, I wonder if it's going to be a Marvel vs. DC crossover, or a purely Marvel-focused fighting game.
Marvel only first...then build up to the crossover
I think I'd be fine with either option. A Marvel-only game wouldn't be as monumental as a Marvel and DC crossover, but it would allow for a wider variety of characters and deeper cuts that might not make it into a crossover game, like Squirrel Girl, Sam Wilson (either as the Falcon or Captain America - I could easily see him working in a Netherrealm game), or Annihilus.
Sam finally getting into a major fighting game...would be crazy
Why not both? Do a Marvel Fighting game, and then a few years later do Marvel VS DC. The latter game could have a crazy sized roster, bevcause it could re-use a lot of assets from both series, plus some new content. That wouldn't be possible if there's no NR Marvel game to copy movesets from.
yeah. Use a Marvel game in order to build up a future crossover, and depending on if they decide to do MK12, they could probably throw in a sequel...
...and then you do Marvel v DC
Sorry. No. Marvel already has plenty of love and support. It doesn’t need to take it away from DC.
that card does not need to be played

Dutch Raikuna

I’m working on a concept for “Street Fighter 6” and like… I cut them. Bison because at the point in the story I’m setting it… he’s dead and gone. And I’m ditching Zangief and Dhalsim to go with Haggar and Necro. Like… I just figured they weren’t needed. Each of them still has a presence in the narrative by way of interacting with other characters (Bison Ghost is spoopy), but yeah. They’re not playable to make room for other characters.
But why ditch Zangief?

Is it cause he bad guy?

1625269099159.png

D

Deleted member

When I say this, how does it make you feel?

A Street Fighter game without Zangief, Dhalsim, or Bison.
I'm indifferent, I guess. I prefer characters in obscurity more, than familiarity. Bison originally died by Akuma in Street fighter 2, but now Ryu this time. Bison and Shadaloo had over-served their purpose, as I generally liked where the story of Street Fighter 3 was heading. However, the series was rebooted by Street Fighter 4, because Ono and the developers at the time felt that they've hit a dead end in the series' prime in the late 1990s.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
But why ditch Zangief?

Is it cause he bad guy?

View attachment 321476
Nah. Just because like… I wanted to include Haggar and the two are basically clones of each other despite never appearing in a game together. I still have him around in the plot (he’s now president of Russia), I just didn’t see it as necessary from a gameplay perspective.
Marvel only first...then build up to the crossover

Sam finally getting into a major fighting game...would be crazy

yeah. Use a Marvel game in order to build up a future crossover, and depending on if they decide to do MK12, they could probably throw in a sequel...
...and then you do Marvel v DC

that card does not need to be played
Except it does. Marvel had the Square Games and the Sony Spider-Man games and UA3 and probably a dozen others we don’t know about. DC has what? A Batman spinoff, a Suicide Squad game…. And Injustice. Your asking to take one of those away and give it to the company that already has plenty.

Shroob

Sup?
Well, the TF2 bot crisis can't get any worse, right?

This ************... this ****ing guy man. If you know.... you know.
1625270354887.png

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
You know… I’m kind of wondering why he didn’t just release Lloyd with Min Min and Heihachi with Kazuya. The current order just doesn’t make sense to me.
Releasing the Heihachi costume so early in the pass make it even more of a surprise when Tekken ended up getting a character anyway.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
What a nice class?

What will they be talking about?
View attachment 321478
“TODAY, WE’RE GONNA BE TALKING ABOUT SMASHBOARDS MODERATION! WHAT? DO YOU FIND IT FUNNY THAT WE’RE GONNA BE TALKING ABOUT PERMA BANS? DOES IT AMUSE YOU THAT WE’RE GONNA BE DISCUSSING DOUBLE POSTS?”

Dutch Raikuna

Online friends and those IRL who would wonder why I reply so fast and be a bit whiny on Discord about wanting servers more active, this is the answer usually.

Wellweallalalan.jpg

The tabs I would usually have open all the time on my laptop. Yeah, random fact about me.

And yeah spoiling the title of my short story. Sniffer dogs stay down.

She's actually wearing Kamina's cloak from Gurren Lagann.

So yeah, that new pfp is extra based.
Yeah was looking at it and thought of Sado Maou from The Devil is a Part Timer (would recommend watching) and thought it'd work. Looks fire.

And by the way your pfp of Samus and hearing you play through the series is making me want to have a go at it..........but I need to play like five games first. Dammit Lamp and your influence........but I'll accept it.

No wonder they’re so full of ****.
Dumb and Dumber the cartoon.

This is how the world gets taken over

And I for one welcome our virtual overlords
Finally someone cute in charge and not a wrinkly AULD MAN!

I too welcome this.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Hey, same to you, amigo!
:D Thank you, thank you!
Haven’t seen ya in a while, Andrea! Hope you’re doin’ well!
^u^ I am, thank you! Same to you as well!
Good to see you as always, Andrea!
x3 Same here, NSG! Glad to see you too! Sorry I haven't been around, I have been quite busy and, honest to God I sometimes got overwhelmed by this thread, a lot going on, plus I think I don't really have much to contribute with. :) I think I will come from time to time and when I am being tagged. I hope the rest of you all are having fun!

Noipoi

Howdy!
:D Thank you, thank you!

^u^ I am, thank you! Same to you as well!

x3 Same here, NSG! Glad to see you too! Sorry I haven't been around, I have been quite busy and, honest to God I sometimes got overwhelmed by this thread, a lot going on, plus I think I don't really have much to contribute with. :) I think I will come from time to time and when I am being tagged. I hope the rest of you all are having fun!
Hey

Even if you aren’t around a lot

You’re still awesome!

Hey you got a Twitter?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Hey

Even if you aren’t around a lot

You’re still awesome!

Hey you got a Twitter?
<3 Thank you, Noi! Unfortunately, no, I don't have one. I tried to make on but some weird stuff happened that made me desist from making it (I would get a call I didn't know for some reason when I was supposed to get a code from a message, that made me uneasy) Plus the entire process I had to go through just to make it got on my nerves.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

<3 Thank you, Noi! Unfortunately, no, I don't have one. I tried to make on but some weird stuff happened that made me desist from making it (I would get a call I didn't know for some reason when I was supposed to get a code from a message, that that made me uneasy) Plus the entire process I had to go through just to make it got on my nerves.
I wouldn't go near Twitter with a six foot pole Andrea. And with how toxic it is and some communities I think it's best to showcase somewhere smaller like here until a place like that becomes super reformed.

By the way I have liked your art and hope to see it more of it. I would showcase my writing to people like yourself and other creators out in the open but I wouldn't trust certain people who aren't members.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom