• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Despite my grievances with Liefeld’s stuff, I will say it sounds interesting so far. I agree with osby with maybe incorporating more modern Namco stuff even tho I’m more familiar with the arcade stuff. One Katamari character would be cool.

Also did you see what I posted concerning Pac-Man and Heihachi earlier?
No. I did not. And Katamari Demacy would definitely have a stage. I just didn’t think they would work as fighters in this kind of game.

Also, fun fact, Liefeld got screwed out if the rights to Youngblood and has nothing to do with the series anymore. Just letting you know.
I liked it. A 3D fighting game that plays like a flashy 2D one is certainly a unique one. I can't say much about Image choices but it feels like Bandai Namco could have a few more modern characters, as it's pretty heavy on arcade games right now. I'd be interested in seeing the Prince of All Cosmos, a Summon Night character and maybe another God Eater character like Alisa.

Also, this is purely bias but I kinda want to see a Idolm@ster joke character.
I’ll look into Summon Night and Idolm@ster. I am hard pressed to think of many “modern” Namco franchises though tbh.

Also, something I just thought of. The entire art direction should be indicative of that old weird 90s comic style Image is known for. I think that would be great fun and it would be hilarious to see Namco’s characters drawn in the art styles of Todd MacFarlane and Erik Larson. Adds to the whole comical nature of the game imo (because the entire concept behind this game is just inherently funny to me).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, I don’t know if anyone remembers that I’ve had some ideas for a new Pac-Man cartoon in the back burner for a while inspired by the actual games and while I wanted it also make it a huge crossover with Namco arcade classics (like the Ducktales reboot) like Taizo (Dig Dug), Mappy and Toby (Baraduke) as main characters alongside Pac, I also had a couple ideas for other Namco characters like Heihachi.

I’m thinking of having Heihachi show up and challenge Pac to a duel, saying that he had traveled from another world to find Pac as he (actually an alt. Pac) had invaded his turf and defeated the Tekken cast, stolen Pandora’s box and terrorized cities and instilled fear in the lives of everyone, Heihachi remarking that’s HIS job. Heihachi makes it personal after he kicks Mappy out into the horizon for asking him to come down to the police station for questioning after threatening Pac.
Lol. I love this.

D

Deleted member

Well, I've played Street Fighter III 3rd Strike, 15 years later, LOL. While I'm horribly rusty, someone wanted matches with me earlier out of curiosity to see where I use to stand back in the old era, which took place in the evening, and he streamed it. The score was 21 to 0, in my favor. I may actually re-learn everything again, but I'm not sure about that at this time.

People were shocked. Despite our grueling differences, calling me weird as hell, they actually respect my FG competence at the sametime.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Unrelated but Injustice 2 has taught me that we need an animated horror based Batman movie with Robert Englund as lead antagonist Scarecrow
probably won't happen anytime soon...but atleast there's "Gotham by Gaslight", "Batman Begins", and I suppose the "Gotham Knight" movie

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
My RCM Jig finally came, so I'm emulating Tekken on my Switch to prepare for Kazuya.

...I really need to try inputting the EWGF on a Gamecube controller instead of Joycons.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So ill just ask again:
Does anyone know how to get sonic action figures these days?

Ive seen this 5 pack with classic Sonic, tails, knuck, yma and Iron Sonic :p i want it

But to be fair as long as its Classic or modern il take it gladly!

Do you have suggestions?

Shroob

Sup?
So ill just ask again:
Does anyone know how to get sonic action figures these days?

Ive seen this 5 pack with classic Sonic, tails, knuck, yma and Iron Sonic :p i want it

But to be fair as long as its Classic or modern il take it gladly!

Do you have suggestions?
Ebay.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Just finished Trails to Azure and hoo boy was this game truly something special, I don't think I've seen any other game with the same amount of plot twists in Azure. The gameplay was really well done and the boss fights were fun as hell. I enjoyed the political intrigue and worldbuilding this game has, it had a lot of decisions and events whose effects will persist in future games.

Also the MUSIC IS SO GOOD, I'll spoiler them but they really went all out in the music department. Azure Arbitrator in particular has become one of my favorite final boss tracks in video games.

This long journey was fun, who would've thought that buying Trails in the Sky FC last year on a whim because of my friends telling me about it would lead me down this rollercoaster? Onto Trails of Cold Steel I go now. I highly recommend Trails to any JRPG fans, and remember to play by release date!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's been over 2 years since the best/worst meme graced the Smash community Smash community
View attachment 320405
Thoughts on Garlic Bread?
It was kind of funny as it wasn't too terribly overplayed at the time and worked within the context of the overall general internet reaction to their reveal.

Hero and Terry I think it worked best with. Byleth killed it hard though; as I think the general internet reaction was much more muted towards them as a whole and the FE fanbase is just as salty as the Smash fanbase is.

Garlic bread is awesome though. I always keep a vial of Garlic Salt in my pantry just in case I have some leftover bread. 👍

Oracle Link

Smash Master
GaRlIc BrEaD gO bRr!

Also just played some sonic smackdown its a Mod of marvel vs capcom right i mean Chaos just scream venom and there are a bunch of kanji!
The roster is good although the abscense of Charmy as a Full char is a bit sad and if i wanna have a generic robot battle i need to fight a recolred poor emerl
If i would want someone that isnt already part of someones Moveset its mephiles! and some more Supers!

D

Deleted member

I can't wait to do a session with Jed in Virtua Fighter 3 over the weekend. I feel so good this morning. LOL.

The old school King Of Fighters player population were always a force to be reckon with in exchanging blows with them. Mortal Kombat, Capcom Vs Snk 2, Garou Mark Of The Wolves, Guilty Gear, Fatal Fury, Last Blade, Samurai Shodown, the Capcom Marvel Games, and Vampire Savior competition, it's been too long. I'll probably stream them for the possible ratings in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

TFW your opponent doesn’t negate your play starter so you can combo off:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Huh I forgot that I completely changed pfp. I was like uh what? Then I remembered she is from a film I saw the other night.

I love garlic bread way too much

My family ends up eating it on a weekly basis and it never gets old.
Someone who is a man of culture.

Garlic Bread is some sorcery food ****.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
And today marks the final episode of what is now the sixth anime to enter my "Category 1" system of anime.

REVENGEI!.jpg

It's been a 12 episode ride of insanity. Outside of one/two slightly weak episodes it's been nothing short of amazing. I've dropped Tokyo Revengers and To Your Eternity for various reasons but this kept going. All of you should watch this anime of as it is comedy horror/idol/mystery hybrid. I'm probably gonna tear up a bit honestly.

And not only that but the quote in my signature came from the first song in the show. One of the reasons that got me through my loss back in April.

If you had to pick between the extreme heat or the extreme cold, what would you choose?
Extreme cold.

I almost passed out in the heat. I walked through snow wearing a shirt and a school blazer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom