• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
In Street Fighter x Tekken, Pac-Man was put in control of a Mokujin mech to give him the proper stature to fight. Mokujin is Tekken’s mimic character, but when Pac controlled it his moveset was 100% unique. I wanted to do something similar for the Ghosts, and Charade is Namco’s mimic character, an animated fragment of the shapeshifting Soul Edge blade. Like Pac-Man, they are controlling him and forcing him into a configuration that allows them to fight in their own unique way.

So wait, you gave Pac-Man the mech and made the ghosts possess a Soul fighter but Mappy’s fine as is?
0B4F2F38-1A28-4113-BBA3-3E56E77592EE.jpeg

dezeray112

Smash Hero
What are y'all watching?

:dr^_^:
Luca and Loki on Disney+.

Nahhh, the only two that are really meh are Incredible Hulk and Thor The Dark World. Even those are passable. People were just pissy at Cap Marv because Feige said she was the strongest character in the MCU and that didn’t sit well with people for whatever reason. That’s the main reason for its reputation on the internet or more accurately… Twitter. The land of geniuses.
I would also add in addition to Twitter, those hate channels on Youtube too that spread tons of clickbait and endless hate videos too.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Mappy has a weapon and could easily be made taller the way Dig Dug and Kissy were in Namco x Capcom. In a way that you can’t with Pac-Man and co.
Thought at the same time, if we’re going for something more akin to MvC, characters like Viewitful Joe, Rocket in Ultimate, Mega Man and Roll so that they don’t necessarily NEED to be made taller.

Though if :ultpacman: needed to be in a mech, I don’t think he needs to be restricted to just a Mokujin since that originated from just a SFxTekken crossover, maybe he could have a refurnished arcade cabinet or something akin to Toc-Man

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Thought at the same time, if we’re going for something more akin to MvC, characters like Viewitful Joe, Rocket in Ultimate, Mega Man and Roll so that they don’t necessarily NEED to be made taller.

Though if :ultpacman: needed to be in a mech, I don’t think he needs to be restricted to just a Mokujin since that originated from just a SFxTekken crossover, maybe he could have a refurnished arcade cabinet or something akin to Toc-Man
Eh. Pac in the Mokujin is an established fighting game thing already. Plus it’s not really his height and moreso that like.... he needs a torso. You know, for certain animations to work. Idk. Maybe I’m splitting hairs here. But I really like Pac-Mokujin.

Plus it’s in 3D like Tekken or Soulcalibur. Just with MvC esque gameplay mechanics thrown in.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Eh. Pac in the Mokujin is an established fighting game thing already. Plus it’s not really his height and moreso that like.... he needs a torso. You know, for certain animations to work. Idk. Maybe I’m splitting hairs here. But I really like Pac-Mokujin.
At least give him his classic design instead of…
F97F3E4A-6E6D-4D1C-90D6-AF916E75EB5F.jpeg

That.

But legit, Mappy is my favorite classic Namco game I played.

Give him a sequel cowards
They did.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Stop slandering Mappy’s good name! He did nothing wrong! The Mirco Police are too small to get sucked up by the system
Did Mappy have a warrant to search the mansion? Did he read the cats Miranda Rights? Did Mappy even return the items that were supposedly stolen? Were the items even stolen, or is he the real theif?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Did Mappy have a warrant to search the mansion? Did he read the cats Miranda Rights? Did Mappy even return the items that were supposedly stolen? Were the items even stolen, or is he the real theif?
For all we know he did! They couldn’t show all that since they could only put so much on those microchips at the time!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Dayum speaking of Marvel. Just two months away until Black Widow. Two years since the last MCU film thanks to COVID.

Wonder how it'll hold up. As I predicted before, I'm expecting a timewaster at best but only because of the repetitive Marvel formula and tone at this point.
*2 weeks…technically a week and a half…all for a movie that will be amazing
Luca and Loki on Disney+.

I would also add in addition to Twitter, those hate channels on Youtube too that spread tons of clickbait and endless hate videos too.
and Brie wanting more people than just straight white men to have opinions on important world topics and life…cause apparently variety is still bad

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Anyway, I don’t know if anyone remembers that I’ve had some ideas for a new Pac-Man cartoon in the back burner for a while inspired by the actual games and while I wanted it also make it a huge crossover with Namco arcade classics (like the Ducktales reboot) like Taizo (Dig Dug), Mappy and Toby (Baraduke) as main characters alongside Pac, I also had a couple ideas for other Namco characters like Heihachi.

I’m thinking of having Heihachi show up and challenge Pac to a duel, saying that he had traveled from another world to find Pac as he (actually an alt. Pac) had invaded his turf and defeated the Tekken cast, stolen Pandora’s box and terrorized cities and instilled fear in the lives of everyone, Heihachi remarking that’s HIS job. Heihachi makes it personal after he kicks Mappy out into the horizon for asking him to come down to the police station for questioning after threatening Pac.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Finished watching The Misfits. Didn't hate it but overall a pretty forgettable film. I would put it in the meh section with Mortal Kombat, Tom & Jerry, and Spiral.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Finally got my Wii back and hooked up with brand new controllers so I can play Metroid Prime Trilogy again! Man it's been ****ing years since I've touched this thing but it still works perfectly fine.

...Oh, and I played some Brawl for a few minutes lol. That game feels so weird compared to Ultimate but it definitely brought back some pleasant memories.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Finally got my Wii back and hooked up with brand new controllers so I can play Metroid Prime Trilogy again! Man it's been ****ing years since I've touched this thing but it still works perfectly fine.

...Oh, and I played some Brawl for a few minutes lol. That game feels so weird compared to Ultimate but it definitely brought back some pleasant memories.
Prime Trilogy is, IMO, the best way to experience those games: Y'all in for a treat. Especially with Prime 2.

Also, SSE is still the best Smash Bros. mode. :nifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom