• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Master Chief. Vergeben has never called a character that hasn't come to be eventually.
I actually have my own tinfoil hat theory that Master Chief will be the secret FP12 that was supposedly found in the Australian Smash website. Halo Infinite releases this year and will likely be nominated for Game of the Year, making it a perfect surprise last reveal at The Game Awards 2021.
Keep in mind that when Joker and Sephiroth were revealed, their games were nominated for Game of the Year, so Master Chief could follow that pattern.
Vergeben's ****ing done.

He didn't call Master Chief, NWPlayer123 did.

Vergeben piggy-backed off their leak while also saying that CP10 would be the 4 Champions from BotW due to a leak that had been going around.

Vergeben's washed up, he's no good anymore.

Shroob

Sup?
Still have to wonder what the hell was going through Verg's mind right then.

This was the same guy who took like, 2 months to double-triple-quadruple check that the Pokemon rep was Incineroar

And then after a year and a half of silence, he just.... comes back from the dead, bandwagons on a fake leak, and it blows up in his face? Actually no, the WORST part is he took the Master Chief stuff from a leaker, and then ON TOP OF THAT he bandwagoned on a 2nd ****ing leak and Frankenstein'd them together.

In truth, I'm kinda glad it blew up on him. He chased quick clout, and it failed him.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's blatantly obvious that Nintendo has been weeding out leakers as of Terry. Remember, Terry leaked because Nintendo leaked him, but beyond that it's been either total silence or completely cryptic hints like whatever the hell Imran Khan's Min Min tweet was, and even then those hints come like 10 minutes before the reveal.

Let's face it: the leak saga of Smash probably done and over with. Vergeben, VR Plant/Papagenos, and all those other guys do not have sources anymore because all the sources are gone.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It's blatantly obvious that Nintendo has been weeding out leakers as of Terry. Remember, Terry leaked because Nintendo leaked him, but beyond that it's been either total silence or completely cryptic hints like whatever the hell Imran Khan's Min Min tweet was, and even then those hints come like 10 minutes before the reveal.

Let's face it: the leak saga of Smash probably done and over with. Vergeben, VR Plant/Papagenis, and all those other guys do not have sources anymore because all the sources are gone.
Something something Scarlet Witch says "No more leaks."

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Vergeben's ****ing done.

He didn't call Master Chief, NWPlayer123 did.

Vergeben piggy-backed off their leak while also saying that CP10 would be the 4 Champions from BotW due to a leak that had been going around.

Vergeben's washed up, he's no good anymore.
Everyone after the direct:
toy story meme.png

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Also, did anyone actually take the 4 BOTW Champions rumor seriously?

Like, come on, if you have a some knowledge of Game Design and development and listen to Sakurai's words through each presentation and the challenges he and his team faced, you can tell it was obviously fake.
Don't think I've ever heard of that one. Can ya fill me in?

Shroob

Sup?

Like, come on, if you have a some knowledge of Game Design and development and listen to Sakurai's words through the presentation, you can tell it was obviously fake.
Here? No, really not at all.

Outside here? You'd be surprised.

The issue was there was soo many small things that all seemed to interlock with one another in such an absurdly short timeframe... but in the end, it really was all one giant coincidence.

Part 1: Gamefaqs leaker appears, says 4 Champs and Rayman as CP11

Part 2: Arlo puts up a speculation video, says he expects 4 Champs, but wants Rayman

So far, nothing big.

Part 3: Imran Khan starts talking about the story of BotW, talks about the Champions, then uses "Smash Cut" to describe them dying.

It's dumb as hell, because "Smash cut" is a real term, but conspiracy theorists were losing it.

Part 4: The day before E3, Gamexplain puts up a video of an idea of a "4-in-1 4 Champ" fighter.

And then all hell broke loose.

After that, NWPlayer123 would leak Master Chief, and then Verg would rise from his grave, and claim that both the 4 Champs and Master Chief were coming.

It was a series of small coincidences that lead to people going nuts.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Here? No, really not at all.

Outside here? You'd be surprised.

The issue was there was soo many small things that all seemed to interlock with one another in such an absurdly short timeframe... but in the end, it really was all one giant coincidence.

Part 1: Gamefaqs leaker appears, says 4 Champs and Rayman as CP11

Part 2: Arlo puts up a speculation video, says he expects 4 Champs, but wants Rayman

So far, nothing big.

Part 3: Imran Khan starts talking about the story of BotW, talks about the Champions, then uses "Smash Cut" to describe them dying.

It's dumb as hell, because "Smash cut" is a real term, but conspiracy theorists were losing it.

Part 4: The day before E3, Gamexplain puts up a video of an idea of a "4-in-1 4 Champ" fighter.

And then all hell broke loose.

After that, NWPlayer123 would leak Master Chief, and then Verg would rise from his grave, and claim that both the 4 Champs and Master Chief were coming.

It was a series of small coincidences that lead to people going nuts.
True, but Sakurai said that Pyra/Mythra was challange and a half and he had to cut Rex as a result, and they have the near exact same moveset which was definitely a cost citting measure.

So does having 4 characters with completely different body types and completely different movesets that were developed shortly after some rather difficult characters (Steve and Pyra/Mythra) make any sense? Like, use common sense

Shroob

Sup?
True, but Sakurai said that Pyra/Mythra was challange and a half and he had to cut Rex as a result, and they have the near exact same moveset which was definitely a cost citting measure.

So does having 4 characters with completely different body types and completely different movesets that were developed shortly after some rather difficult characters (Steve and Pyra/Mythra) make any sense? Like, use common sense
That was the big thing.

Like, Pythra are 2 Melee clones stuck together, and you're telling me that this next character will have FOUR unique characters in one?

"Well, Sakurai's unpredictable!"
"He did Pokemon Trainer!"
"A Zelda rep makes sense!"

You can't argue common sense with people whose main line of thought boils down to Sakurai being some magic skygod who can do all.

Shroob

Sup?
I think he sabotaged his reputation on purpose. It’s the only explanation that makes sense.
Honestly?

I don't think so.

The dude was literally radio silent for a year and a half. He probably saw how ResetEra was freaking out over Master Chief due to NWPlayer's leak, since she's a known member over there and "If they believe it, it must be true!", while also tacking on the 4 Champ rumor on top for some ****ing reason.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That was the big thing.

Like, Pythra are 2 Melee clones stuck together, and you're telling me that this next character will have FOUR unique characters in one?

"Well, Sakurai's unpredictable!"
"He did Pokemon Trainer!"
"A Zelda rep makes sense!"

You can't argue common sense with people whose main line of thought boils down to Sakurai being some magic skygod who can do all.
The "He did Pokemon Trainer" argument is missing a component. Yes, he did do Pokemon Trainer, but there's one thing PT has over a DLC transformation character.

One MAJOR technical difference.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly?

I don't think so.

The dude was literally radio silent for a year and a half. He probably saw how ResetEra was freaking out how Master Chief due to NWPlayer's leak, since she's a known member over there and "If they believe it, it must be true!", while also tacking on the 4 Champ rumor on top for some ****ing reason.
If he was looking for an ego boost by getting the characters right, he chose some weird rumors.

Chief? Sure, it’s a possibility. But the champions? If you think about it for more than two seconds it just doesn’t make sense.

D

Deleted member

Wait, it’s already 9pm? :yoshi:

****, I need to go to bed and get ready for work tommorow.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Like, come on, if you have a some knowledge of Game Design and development and listen to Sakurai's words through each presentation and the challenges he and his team faced, you can tell it was obviously fake.
Sakurai when he is forced to make all 4 champions as one fighter:
1623982799747.png

"I wonder if I'll ever get to take a break"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Spider-Man will always be better than your favorite hero.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Dang, didn't know Scarlet Witch was so close to Nintendo. Good on her for sticking up for them.
Nintendo is a Nexus being confirmed...well either that or she loves red that much
Spider-Man will always be better than your favorite hero.

so...Peter Parker is better than Peter Parker...how does that work for me¿

D

Deleted member

774320B5-5F26-4A67-A196-22B5960CD039.jpeg

I really don't like Secret Lairs as a concept, but man, that's a tempting offer ngl.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wa WandaVision...Loki...Spider-Man: No Way Home...Doctor Strange into the Multiverse of Madness...Ant Man & Wasp: QuantumMania...Fantastic Four...

man the MCU side of the multiverse is going to be beyond ****ed up

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So get this; because of the blackout, my brother made up an elaborate system to take a shower with other light sources. The moment he began to explain it to me , the power came back on. Luck is a merry prankster, ain’t she?
Well, it at least passed the time, right?

Sakurai when he is forced to make all 4 champions as one fighter:
View attachment 319809
"I wonder if I'll ever get to take a break"
He then has to add the entire American Sports Team as the next SNK character(s) since SNK themselves won't bring back Heavy D!

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I knew Vergeben "leaked" Master Chief, but I was unaware of him leaking the Four Champions.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Being able to switch between 4 characters feels like a bit much from a gameplay and balancing standpoint. Balancing 4 characters together in such away that none of them are competitively absolute sounds like a very difficult task, and from a player's perspective, so is implementing all four into your gameplay.

I think 3 forms is about the maximum number of transformations a single character should have.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Whoo man, I've had such a day. Being its the month of Summer and things re-opening currently in stage one, decided to bike downtown stopping at various electronic stores and pawn shops, then got some ice cream at Merla Mae's, since I was in the neighborhood went to my work place to see how the status is as well as catching up with one of my friends who works there who I haven't seen in-person in over a year. What I was told if things continue as they are with vaccines being rolled out, I could potentially get back to working in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom