• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I know it ain't going to happen but I do hope Harada does at least give a video message about Kazuya in Smash during the Sakurai Presents thing.

A part of me still cannot get my head around a Tekken character. It just can't fully click with me. Maybe cause I've spent far more time with that series than with King of Fighters and Street Fighter, though it dwarfs in playtime to Mortal Kombat and Smash.

Just makes me think of that feeling about FP2 in which half the characters would have been "fit smoothly" more in the base game roster.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Man, laws in Japan are pretty loose

I've never seen a gun like that. It appears to have two magazines.
The bolt in the back implies that it's a bullpup, so is the front magazine just a spare, or does the rifle actually shoot from both magazines?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, pretty much. (I think it was different in earlier installments, but that's definitely the case now)

Everyone in this ending with a speaking role speaks a different language.
it's both a smart idea and an extremely jarring thing to deal with...but it somehow works

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I know it ain't going to happen but I do hope Harada does at least give a video message about Kazuya in Smash during the Sakurai Presents thing.

A part of me still cannot get my head around a Tekken character. It just can't fully click with me. Maybe cause I've spent far more time with that series than with King of Fighters and Street Fighter, though it dwarfs in playtime to Mortal Kombat and Smash.

Just makes me think of that feeling about FP2 in which half the characters would have been "fit smoothly" more in the base game roster.
"Second Chance" theory is proving pretty reliable so far. CP11 is gonna be really interesting.

D

Deleted member

I've never seen a gun like that. It appears to have two magazines.
The bolt in the back implies that it's a bullpup, so is the front magazine just a spare, or does the rifle actually shoot from both magazines?
Yknow, I hadn’t really pegged you as a gun person, ngl.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
"Second Chance" theory is proving pretty reliable so far. CP11 is gonna be really interesting.
I think second chance theory and color theory are the only two fan theorys that actually hold merit. In fact, I'd go as far as to not consider them fan theories at all, and instead actually true because so far, nothing has broken it and it has been over a year

MooMew64

I think second chance theory and color theory are the only two fan theorys that actually hold merit. In fact, I'd go as far as to not consider them fan theories at all, and instead actually true because so far, nothing has broken it and it has been over a year
I'm legit looking at companies like Ubisoft and maaaaybe certain Nintendo characters really hard right now.

Like, I'm not saying it's a guarantee or nothin', but...Waluigi does fit "second chance" pretty well... 👀

Then again, so does Cinderace, lol.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Rappers in the 2000s on their way to abuse the **** out of autotune
View attachment 319791
2000's was mostly bling era. Autotune was this weird transitional area between Bling Rap and modern Trap music I feel.

T-Pain can actually sing his ass off despite being the "Autotune guy".

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm legit looking at companies like Ubisoft and maaaaybe certain Nintendo characters really hard right now.

Like, I'm not saying it's a guarantee or nothin', but...Waluigi does fit "second chance" pretty well... 👀

Then again, so does Cinderace, lol.
The true second chance theory Pokémon is Decidueye :217:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I got pretty much everything I wanted out of Smash's roster by base game, with only really missing Tekken. On top of that, they added Fatal Fury and ARMS stuff. So I'm pretty happy. Not exactly Jin, but like I said before all 3 Mishimas had their merit to be chosen.

Obviously, I'd still want the last character to be someone I like. But you can't please everyone.

It'll be interesting to see how it'll turn out.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Master Chief. Vergeben has never called a character that hasn't come to be eventually.
I actually have my own tinfoil hat theory that Master Chief will be the secret FP12 that was supposedly found in the Australian Smash website. Halo Infinite releases this year and will likely be nominated for Game of the Year, making it a perfect surprise last reveal at The Game Awards 2021.
Keep in mind that when Joker and Sephiroth were revealed, their games were nominated for Game of the Year, so Master Chief could follow that pattern.
It would be awesome if Master Chief was the final character and his tagline was "Master Chief finishes the fight!"

MooMew64

I got pretty much everything I wanted out of Smash's roster by base game, with only really missing Tekken. On top of that, they added Fatal Fury and ARMS stuff. So I'm pretty happy. Not exactly Jin, but like I said before all 3 Mishimas had their merit to be chosen.

Obviously, I'd still want the last character to be someone I like. But you can't please everyone.

It'll be interesting to see how it'll turn out.
I'm in pretty much the same boat.

I'm along for the ride now, they satisfied me awhile ago.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So yeah, who are ya shillin' for? Scrimblo Bimblo? Jim McJRPG? John ShooterMan? Scrimblo's cousin Action Platformer Andre? Visual Novel Veronica? Old McRetro? Jane McJRPG?

Wait... come to think if it we didn't get a green character this pass yet...
I think Green is used as the connecting color between Pyra and Mythra.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Screenshot_20210617-195837_Messages.png

Straight from my nephew in the Army. He knows his guns.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
And I'll say it for a while but it feels like with three of the five (Second Xeno rep, Sephiroth and Kazuya)would have been in the base game and now it feels like we'd be a few spots from the base game newcomer roster done in my eyes. Steve and Min-Min honestly would have been fine as DLC.

Add Captain Toad, Dixie Kong, Andy from Advance Wars, Bandana Waddle Dee, Tails and a Namco Retro Rep like Gil or Mappy then we'd be more or less sorted in that way. Not to mention a few more echoes.

Just my view of the day though there.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I just want Crash.
I know that he'd be the "big get" for Smash 7's eventual reveal, but I want him NOW!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I remember people thinking color theory was so stupid. When I didn’t think it was that out there. Sakurai loves the UI and visual designs. It would make sense if these same concepts applied to designing the website and posters Sakurai has for each presentation as an extra flair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom