• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Didn't Retro also hired former employees of Visceral Games, the studio responsible for the Dead Space games?
Wait what?

They hired the people from the Dead Space games!?

Nevermind my fears then, this game truly is gonna be awesome if they manage to pull out tense moments as in Metroid Fusion or the Dead Space series.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Moon Millenniummon made a brief cameo in the latest Digimon episode.

Considering how strong THAT one in particular is(not to mention it still has another form in Zeed) the power levels are gonna get weird fast. Honestly looking like the last fight is gonna be a huge god level showdown considering Millenniummon's power level is about on par with that of all the Royal Knights, in part due to how most attacks are simply ineffective against it.

In somewhat related news I got a 5/5 Gabumon in DMO now in addition to Agumon.. of course that means I have to do the entire maze questline alllll over again just to get Omegamon(who even then is outclassed by Alphamon Ouryuken who is just slightly better but at the same time slightly harder to obtain because Alphamon is only on the Raptordramon line, which you can only get in Versandi Terminal) and I'm really not prepared for that. Getting Omegamon X would be even harder because DMO has EA level lootboxes(I'm talking 0.1% chance to get the item you need) and frankly I can't support that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I wanted to upload a Image, made In Paint and for some reason, after reaching 10 % the site stops the Download and says we ran into some Problems?
Could you help me!

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Good way to start the morning. Come on here to see how you guys are doing, then had breakfast, sat in my living room listening to music on my TV before taking my dogs outside in the back to play.

Relaxing again and will be taking them for a walk in a half hour. Good start so far.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Drawing hands is always still really tricky. Especially when drawing a full figure character, and you want the hands to be detailed, but not too large. But it is what it is.

I also realize I need to experiment with how I color things in more. Most of my work is very cel-shaded, but I could probably attempt more painterly coloring if I put my mind to it, I just don't want to brute force what I'm doing either.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Holy ****, this one Store seems to have a really good deal.

If I give them an old PS4 game I can get the new Yakuza for 34,95€.

Need to look a bit into It, because I feel the price could be worth It

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Veggietales' The Story of Jonah might be one of the best religious films of all time. It's actually kinda genius
everything about the old Veggietales is god tier...idk about the current show but the Netflix one was sdundisnufjugdyny

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
For those looking to get better at drawing, I suggest trying to view things in the most simplest shapes. Remember C3PO
C3- Cubes, Cylinders, and Cones
P-Pyramids
O- Spheres

Every 3-dimensional object is pretty much made up of some combination of these shapes, if you can draw them in any angle and at different perspectives you can go leagues farther than you would trying to eyeball everything. Try studying certain objects by only drawing them using these simplified shapes, don't worry about the details.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't know if anyone would have an interest in this sort of thing (I know that Knight Dude Knight Dude and @JDCabrera are fans of Marvel, at least, but I don't know if they have any interest in the time period that I'm drawing from), but I've had an idea for an Avengers RPG for a while now, and I've finally made sprites for it. (all of the playable characters that I have planned, plus some villains)

The second image is a resized version of the first to make the images clearer, though I don't know how well the process worked. (some of the lines, like on Quicksilver's feet, look off.

My basic concept is that it's adapting the first 16 issues of the Avengers (plus a handful of other comics that overlapped with those, like two Fantastic Four issues that had the Thing fight the Hulk, or Avengers 1.5, which was drawn by Bruce Timm of Batman: The Animated Series fame and works as an excuse for me to fit Doctor Doom in there), though your actions can alter the events of the story. (for example, Thor or Iron Man could leave the team around issue 7, or Hulk could rejoin the team if you take certain sidequests)

I'm not sure how the sprites turned out (they're based on Shining Force, but I'm not a fan of how Wonder Man's visor wound up), and some of the characters seem like stretches (Blue Marvel's backstory has him active in the 60's, though that's a retcon; Captain Marvel's backstory has been retconned to the point where I can justify it, but I'm worried if Spider-Woman might be pushing it in terms of the timeline), but I'm glad that I've accomplished this much.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Finally got around to going on a sub purge and holy hell why are so many of the channels I sub to such garbage

Well at least I won't see them in my feed now.

D

Deleted member

I don't know if anyone would have an interest in this sort of thing (I know that Knight Dude Knight Dude and @JDCabrera are fans of Marvel, at least, but I don't know if they have any interest in the time period that I'm drawing from), but I've had an idea for an Avengers RPG for a while now, and I've finally made sprites for it. (all of the playable characters that I have planned, plus some villains)

My basic concept is that it's adapting the first 16 issues of the Avengers (plus a handful of other comics that overlapped with those, like two Fantastic Four issues that had the Thing fight the Hulk, or Avengers 1.5, which was drawn by Bruce Timm of Batman: The Animated Series fame and works as an excuse for me to fit Doctor Doom in there), though your actions can alter the events of the story. (for example, Thor or Iron Man could leave the team around issue 7, or Hulk could rejoin the team if you take certain sidequests)

I'm not sure how the sprites turned out (they're based on Shining Force, but I'm not a fan of how Wonder Man's visor wound up), and some of the characters seem like stretches (Blue Marvel's backstory has him active in the 60's, though that's a retcon; Captain Marvel's backstory has been retconned to the point where I can justify it, but I'm worried if Spider-Woman might be pushing it in terms of the timeline), but I'm glad that I've accomplished this much.
These look pretty good overall. Could use a bit of polish(most of em look a bit too... blocky for my liking) but I'd say that's some pretty nice progress you got there.

For those looking to get better at drawing, I suggest trying to view things in the most simplest shapes. Remember C3PO
P-Pyramids
O- Spheres

Every 3-dimensional object is pretty much made up of some combination of these shapes, if you can draw them in any angle and at different perspectives you can go leagues farther than you would trying to eyeball everything. Try studying certain objects by only drawing them using these simplified shapes, don't worry about the details.
How did you read my mind

D

Deleted member

Weren't you a fan of Fantastic Four and stuff?
Was.

Then people started thinking my entire identity revolved around that company, and to toxic points to make It worse, and just had to stop.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
No I'm not.
My bad; I thought you were a Fantastic Four fan.

These look pretty good overall. Could use a bit of polish(most of em look a bit too... blocky for my liking) but I'd say that's some pretty nice progress you got there.
Thanks! Admittedly, I'm not aiming for a lot of detail (both to keep things simple for myself and because a lot of the designs were relatively simplistic - compare 60's Loki to modern Loki), but good to know that they just need a bit of polish.

D

Deleted member

Also, the Xbox 360 was 15 years ago. To put it into perspective, 15 years prior to that was when the SNES launched

tl;dr It's not unreasonable to consider the Xbox 360 retro now.
I also just checked and the Wii U was revealed 9 years ago.

Buah.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also, the Xbox 360 was 15 years ago. To put it into perspective, 15 years prior to that was when the SNES launched

So basically it's not unreasonable to consider the Xbox 360 retro now.
I still think it's a bit too modern in that various modern gaming trends started in the 7th gen.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
P-Pyramids
O- Spheres

Can vouch for this. My drawing teacher taught me that everything can be broken down into circles, squares, and triangles, and when you take a deeper look at character designs, you can see what he means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom