• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
So out of curiosity, what's everyone current team in Sw/Sh?

I've got a current line-up of the following as my primary team:

-Rillaboom
-Butterfree
-Ninetales
-Alolan Ninetales
-Luxray
-Gyarados

All of these are among my favorite Pokemon, so using them to beat Leon for the first time ever felt satisfying lol.
I'm rolling with the team I've had the entire ride;
Blaze the Arcanine
Konga the Rillaboom
Mr. Fish the Gyrados
Peck Neck the Corviknight
CORGI!!! the Boltund (Yes, that is how her name is spelled)
And YelloJack the Slowpoke
Pretty respectable type balance if I do say so myself. I probably should take on Leon eventually.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I hate Articuno. He just won't get caught. I have the other two already and I used my Master Ball on Calyrex.

-Rillaboom
-Butterfree
-Ninetales
-Alolan Ninetales
-Luxray
-Gyarados

All of these are among my favorite Pokemon, so using them to beat Leon for the first time ever felt satisfying lol.
Lola the Cinderace
Orchid the Urshifu
Lucy the Eldegoss
Anissa the Boltund
Jeanne the Hatterene
Sarah the Alcremie (Strawberry flavored)

I also have Kaylie the Sylveon and a Froslass I forgot to nickname on standbye.

All of them, female.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
that's it
Spider-Man-Miles-Morales-Spider-Cat-Bodega-Cat-Suit.jpg
whgssogdidgksvsldvslsgspagwlsgwoagkfhf

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I must have used 200+ Ultra Balls trying to catch Galarian Articuno. I caught the ******. Finally. Man, I can only imagine how hard this would have been if I didn't have that many Ultra Balls.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Metroid Prime 4 must be an amazing game, considering it is taking a very long time.
I mean, they did just restart development on it last year after bringing Retro Studios back.

I've been waiting years for another Prime game so they can take as much time as they need to ensure it matches the quality of the original trilogy.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

-Rillaboom
-Butterfree
-Ninetales
-Alolan Ninetales
-Luxray
-Gyarados

Current in its most literal definition:
-Lilligant
-Golurk
-Cryogonal
-Metagross
-Crobat
-Noivern

I did a blind Nuzlocke-esque "first catch of each area only" rule and was constantly rotating/had multiple teams, specifically towards late post game/DLC since you get so much experience after the party EXP gain change from Let's Go.

Base game by first clear (also highest leveled):
-Rillaboom
-Drednaw
-Coalossal
-Toxtricity (Amped)
-Weavile
-Avalugg

Honorary mention to Orbeetle, Toxapex, Grapploct and Duralodon (as well as Silvally/Charizard for the post game)

Isle of Armor by most used (up until final Mustard fight):
-Galarian Slowbro
-Blastoise*
-Urshifu (Rapid Strike)*
-Emolga/Rotom (Fan)
-Amoonguss
-Lycanroc (Midnight)

Already mentioned Lilligant, but HM to Sandslash/Krookodile, Talonflame, Scolipede, Wigglytuff/Blissey and... at least half a dozen other water types.

* had I known early on, I woulda picked Bulbasaur/Single Strike to avoid the "way too many other water types to list" problem.

Crown Tundra by most used (up until the Galar Star tournament):
-Aggron
-Nidoking/Nidoqueen
-Electabuzz
-Absol/Mawile
-Omastar/Aurorus/Cradily
-Tangrowth

HM to the rest of the aforementioned "current" squad, Altaria, and Fwoofy the Cosmog that just hung out as my walking companion despite a self-imposed no legendaries rule.

Juggling so many felt tedious at first, but I definitely enjoyed not having one super overtuned team for stuff like the Restricted Sparring/the Galar Star tournament. Making things work with some choices you wouldn't ordinarily have gone for is a good feeling.

D

Deleted member

If Retro is still hiring more people, I would wish they would hire level and character designers from the Halo series just so I can have more hope for the game.

The people who worked at the Halo series have proven to be able to create memorable levels and fictional creatures (the arbiter being a good example), and I feel Metroid Prime 4 would greatly benefit from that to push the player to explore entire levels non-stop.

D

Deleted member

What's your beef with DOOM?
Doom 2016 was the worst experience I ever had on the Switch.

All the levels felt the same for me: going from point A to point B without getting killed, and the fact most of the levels looked like either the surface of Mars or a dark laboratory didn't help at all (even hell felt to me like the Mars levels but on a red filter).
And when people all around the internet demanded me to play It claiming It was better in every way than the Metroid Prime Trilogy while making me constantly expect too much... I of course ended up feeling that It didn't live Up to the hype.

So when you tell me that they are hiring someone who is only known for working on that Game as one of the directors from the upcoming Prime 4, I expect the worst and imagine Samus walking around levels which all look the same as in Doom 2016 (basically taking out one of the things I liked from the Prime trilogy: the variety in the levels).

But yeah, after they hired someone from God Of War 4 for level art (since God Of War 4 has really outstanding levels which actually push the player to explore on their entirety) and a Producer from the GTA and Red Dead Redemption series, I kinda have been feeling slightly better about Prime 4 after that first scare.

And in case you ask: yes, It seems at first glance that Doom Eternal fixed all the problems I had with Doom 2016, although I still need to play It.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'm rolling with the team I've had the entire ride;
Blaze the Arcanine
Konga the Rillaboom
Mr. Fish the Gyrados
Peck Neck the Corviknight
CORGI!!! the Boltund (Yes, that is how her name is spelled)
And YelloJack the Slowpoke
Pretty respectable type balance if I do say so myself. I probably should take on Leon eventually.
Is the name of Gyarados a reference to this?
2011-10-24.jpg

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Today is the release of the PS5.

I'm in no rush to getting it soon as hyped as I am for God of War: Ragnarok. I have all the time in the world and other things in mind. Might wait until my birthday perhaps.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm in no rush to getting it soon as hyped as I am for God of War: Ragnarok. I have all the time in the world and other things in mind. Might wait until my birthday perhaps.
I'm gonna wait a good while before I buy the Xbox Series X or PS5 as I know from past console launches that in the first months there will be a lot of technical issues with the systems
reported online.

Not sure if the wait will last one or two years, but either way I feel the wait will be easy for me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm gonna wait a good while before I buy the Xbox Series X or PS5 as I know from past console launches that in the first months there will be a lot of technical issues with the systems
reported online.

Not sure if the wait will last one or two years, but either way I feel the wait will be easy for me.
On second thought, I just might wait to see if its price eventually goes down or it's on sale. But good idea on your part on waiting a good while given said technical issues. That didn't occur to me. I might do the same.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I'm in no rush to getting it soon as hyped as I am for God of War: Ragnarok. I have all the time in the world and other things in mind. Might wait until my birthday perhaps, either that or wait for the price to decrease or wait for it to go on sale.
I really want one but there's no way I could justify dropping $500 right now.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

I'm gonna get it for Christmas soon. (Or maybe Xbox)
If not, I might get a gaming computer due to mine, a Windows 7 being old.

And I'm moving to a new house soon.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm gonna have to save for a PS5 and even then I'm gonna have to buy games for the damn thing so it's not gonna be until maybe next summer when I feel I got the extra surplus of money to pay for it.

D

Deleted member

Been checking prices for PS5 games online for stores in my island and It seems I got really lucky (or kinda) again just for living where I do.

Demon's Souls for example instead of costing the 80€ it Will cost everywhere in Europe, seems to cost 70€ or 74,99€ over here (which is closer to the prices in the rest of the world).

While I still feel 70€ is still too much for what I can afford, I am indeed happy that I seemed to dodge the 80€ bullet against all odds.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thinking about it now, I might wait a year or so to get a PS5.

Also curious. How long does it often take for prices to go down on consoles? Because that's what I'm thinking when I decide to get one. Either that or whenever there is a sale.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
If Retro is still hiring more people, I would wish they would hire level and character designers from the Halo series just so I can have more hope for the game.

The people who worked at the Halo series have proven to be able to create memorable levels and fictional creatures (the arbiter being a good example), and I feel Metroid Prime 4 would greatly benefit from that to push the player to explore entire levels non-stop.
Retro did hire people who worked on Halo...in fact you'd be hardpressed to find a AAA title that doesn't have somebody coming to work on Prime 4 at this point. Retro's been going all over the industry this past year hiring folks.

I don't think you have to worry much, Metroid, specifically the Primes have always had very strong environments and level designs.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Retro did hire people who worked on Halo...in fact you'd be hardpressed to find a AAA title that doesn't have somebody coming to work on Prime 4 at this point. Retro's been going all over the industry this past year hiring folks.

I don't think you have to worry much, Metroid, specifically the Primes have always had very strong environments and level designs.
Didn't Retro also hired former employees of Visceral Games, the studio responsible for the Dead Space games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom