• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I still consider gen 5 underrated. It sold poorly and let’s be honest people only talk about Hilda and Rosa from it because waifus.

Meanwhile Gen has great villains, a really cool sequel, a whole bunch of amazing features that made the game more refined, fun mini games like Pokestar Studios, a big cast of new Pokémon and old ones, actually story telling and characters, etc.

like it goes on and on.

Hell if you want further proof it’s underrated, Zoroark was set Up as the Lucario of the gen but never took off.
The one thing I'll always remember of Gen 5

Elesa's BW2 Gym theme

"GIMME WHAT I NEED"

1605079677211.png

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Didn't get too far in Terraria Master Mode. Brain of Cthulu destroyed me...quite a few times. The goblin army was a nightmare...and it happened twice. Did get the Minishark, a set of wings, the Starfury sword, a few other things, and adventured into the underground jungle and started getting materials for the Amazon yo-yo. Going to set up a fishing spot later and wait for the Blood Moon to try to get the vampire bullfrog minion.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Heh. Imagine if next year for the 25th anniversary we got a collection with FireRed/LeafGreen, HeartGold/SoulSilver, Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, Black/White and their sequels, X/Y, and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon. Suspiciously missing Gen 4.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
D

Deleted member

Didn't get too far in Terraria Master Mode. Brain of Cthulu destroyed me...quite a few times. The goblin army was a nightmare...and it happened twice. Did get the Minishark, a set of wings, the Starfury sword, a few other things, and adventured into the underground jungle and started getting materials for the Amazon yo-yo. Going to set up a fishing spot later and wait for the Blood Moon to try to get the vampire bullfrog minion.
What class are you going? I recommend jester's arrows and a powerful bow against the Brain of Cthulhu.

Also, you could go to the underworld and get the Demon Scythe which is a really strong weapon that is possible before a boss.

Last edited by a moderator:

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
What class are you going? I recommend jester's arrows and a powerful bow against the Brain of Cthulhu.

Also, you could go to the underworld and get the Demon Scythe which is a really strong weapon that is possible before a boss.
Kinda of a mix, but mainly summoner with yo-yos and with some ranged weapons. The summoner stuff is my main focus though.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I still consider gen 5 underrated. It sold poorly and let’s be honest people only talk about Hilda and Rosa from it because waifus.

Meanwhile Gen has great villains, a really cool sequel, a whole bunch of amazing features that made the game more refined, fun mini games like Pokestar Studios, a big cast of new Pokémon and old ones, actually story telling and characters, etc.

like it goes on and on.

Hell if you want further proof it’s underrated, Zoroark was set Up as the Lucario of the gen but never took off.
Poorly is a strong word for a game that sold over 15.5 million, a figure of which most franchises would kill for. Underperformed may be a better term as within its franchise it sold lower then the rest, but even then the gap between it and the next lowest (RS and SM) isn't so huge as to make it a 'flop' relative to them. It also should be kept in mind that it didn't have the benefits that some of the games above it did like XY and SM riding the Go boom, SM being an anniversary title, and having more time to sell within the system's lifespan.

Also, I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that the elements you listed aren't discussed at all. Visiting the Pokemon forums and even outside of them it's not uncommon to see praise for the Storytelling, the desire to see characters like N in Masters, some of the new features that people want to see built on better like Join Avenue, and the music which has been circulated around a lot as of late. The only aspect I'd argue gets overlooked is the Pokemon as aside from a spare few like the Cover Legendaries, Serperior, Chandelure and maybe Hydreigon, most have fallen to the wayside in terms of popularity and promotion.

As for Zoroark, it didn't take off due to reasons that weren't 'it's Gen 5'. It had a movie like Lucario, but unlike Lucario they made it an Event Pokemon making it harder to get, they didn't promote it at all in the main anime as it appeared in a filler episode towards the end, and a more limited media presence otherwise. It says a lot when Gladion's Zoroark was the best treatment the species has gotten, it was handled poorly by TCPi and the fact it held on to as much popularity as it did is amazing in itself.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Black/White were underrated from the time it released until 2018/19. After then, it became one of the most beloved generations, because everyone who played it as a kid were now on the internet and nostalgic (this sounds really condescending but I don't mean it to be, that's where I am).

Here's a prediction: by this time in two years, X/Y will be beloved classics

D

Deleted member

Gee, where are those fishies going, anyway? I did not know they could do that.
The fact the river is flooded is just enough for them to cross, that's what. Why they would do that though... that's a weirder question to ask.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The fact the river is flooded is just enough for them to cross, that's what. Why they would do that though... that's a weirder question to ask.
And I never thought fishies could move on land, even if they still had some water to move through. They should have put a sign to alert drivers of fish crossing the road.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So did manage to sleep a bit last night, was given the all clear from out of hours. It was very in and out of dreaming, crazy stuff.

So today trying to keep optimistic (despite concerning pain) and have videos calls back to back so trying to keep on keeping on.

And really go through the anime film list as well..

Well that's something you don't see everyday
https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/jro3qy
Must be one of those fish lizard critters going about.

osby

Smash Obsessed
After 3 years, I got rid of the beard...

I didn't realize how much of a potato I looked :yoshi:
That's one of the reasons why I don't shave much nowadays.

That, and I don't trust myself with a razor.

D

Deleted member

Not a fan of having a beard, so yeah, I shave.

Karl Marx's beard is quite nice though.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Haven't been here in a while, so 'sup guys. Finally got a new avatar, only to change it soon anyway, due to Christmas coming up.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
More and more people are getting their Shantae and the Seven Sirens collector's edition in the mail this week

Me next plz! :>

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
TFW your city had a snowfall overnight.
Also, TFW shoveling took you an hour and 20 minutes.

:glare:

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Always thought I would work with facial hair and long hair but chin hair gets uncomfortable overtime so I shave.

And I really do need to shave my head hair. It's gotten way too long on the front, like down to my nose.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom