• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Not quite sure I understand what you mean by the cast feeling "disconnected" as I feel like their personalities bounced off each other quite well, but yeah,
Faye and Jet have a somewhat abrupt ending to their arcs but I think it hits hard how they both came to realize how much the gang was like a family to them and how empty the Bebop became without Ed, Ein, and Spike being there.

As for an anime recommendation, you could try out Casshern Sins. The pacing is a little sluggish at times and general tone is on the depressing side, but it depicts a pretty interesting post apocalyptic world where the remnants of humanity try to make the best out of the time they have left since a plague caused by the protagonist is slowly killing them.

Also Gurren Lagann, because yes.
Yeah the personalities bounced off but maybe I wished for more between them. Also the send off of Ein and Ed was nothing short of amazing and perfectly placed before the bloody finale. Would have liked to see their adventures continue.

As for next anime to watch I'm unsure. I'll like list 10 here soon to see about it. Two I really have in mind but considering I've watched Re:Creators and now Cowboy Bebop might go for something a bit more slice of life. Throw in action or even something like horror but not sure.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well. I'm officially part of a group that's attempting to revive Lost Tapes as a fanmade project with their own Season 4.

Looking forward to working with them. Rather quite excited that plenty of my ideas could actually come to be in some form!

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It kinda feels like the Robot wars writing staff had no idea how to introduce Ed into the plot, she just pops up when Spike and Harlock invade a prison on the Mars colony and starts following them around and they just kinda go along with it lol

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I can't ****ing take it. I see an image of a random object posted and then I see it, I ****ing see it. "Oh that looks kinda like the among us guy" it started as. That's funny, that's a cool reference. But I kept going, I'd see a fridge that looked like among us, I'd see an animated bag of chips that looked like among us, I'd see a hat that looked like among us. And every time I'd burst into an insane, breath deprived laugh staring at the image as the words AMOGUS ran through my head. It's torment, psychological torture, I am being conditioned to laugh maniacly any time I see an oval on a red object. I can't ****ing live like this... I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't! And don't get me ****ing started on the words! I'll never hear the word suspicious again without thinking of among us. Someone does something bad and I can't say anything other than "sus." I could watch a man murder everyone I love and all I would be able to say is "red sus" and laugh like a ****ing insane person. And the word "among" is ruined. The phrase "among us" is ruined. I can't live anymore. Among us has destroyed my ****ing life. I want to eject myself from this plane of existence. MAKE IT STOP!

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Going to rant some more about the Mitchells vs the machines. Again, it was a fun movie. but I really did not like Katie. Her dad was right. you should have a back up plan. Not everyone who decides to make video games, make movies, hell even be librarians or scientists run into this issue. Not everyone succeeds in their dreams and having a plan for failure is important. But noo. Katie was so hell bent on not understanding where her father was coming from, she came off as a spoiled brat. She got better near the end of the movie, but damage was done for me.
You gotta read a little between the lines here - Katie's dad wasn't suggesting she had a back up plan because he thought she might fail, but because he thought she will. He didn't see her videos as actual art, and he never gave watching them a chance until the end of the movie.

He was well intended but intentionally or not he was being a jerk, and it made Katie feel like she didn't have his support (becuse in the particular regard, she didn't).

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You gotta read a little between the lines here - Katie's dad wasn't suggesting she had a back up plan because he thought she might fail, but because he thought she will. He didn't see her videos as actual art, and he never gave watching them a chance until the end of the movie.

He was well intended but intentionally or not he was being a jerk, and it made Katie feel like she didn't have his support (becuse in the particular regard, she didn't).
that and he was like this to her dreams for a decade or so. Never even bothered to watch a single video of hers until the world was nearly destroyed as noted.
drag0nscythe drag0nscythe you sure you watched the movie in complete and full understanding of why their relationship was ruined for so long?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My brother succumbed to scalpers and bought one of the Digimon starter decks, he gave me the booster pack it came with and...
184432978_1358462024524008_1523709142627907591_n.jpg

My favorite Digimon of all time was the rare card of the pack.

It's all coming up milthouse.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Finished Mitchels v Machines. Cute movie. Some genuine funny moments. Though Hollywood family movies will only win a point from me when reuniting/reconciliation with said family is not depicted as the right and Nobel thing to do at the end. Some families are jerks.
But this family wasn’t jerks, they just had to establish better communication.

Sounds to me you just need to watch Matilda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom