• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Morning to the crowd.

Spent an hour trying to figure out why I couldn't get a book I wanted ordered and Amazon is ****ing useless. So I can't even get a damn book from the EU anymore via Amazon it turns out.

How is the rest of you guys?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

24E56464-2AFB-4F6F-9C28-FCCE13D46B62.png

Just a few more days...... and then I have to wait another few weeks to upgrade the decks

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I ******* at Amazon about all that.

I just wanted to know why I couldn't order a book from one store. Simple question that can be answered? Well it's most likely Brexit.

Well got £5 credit at least.

In the end bought three:

Spice and Wolf Spin-off volume 2
The novelisation of Children Who Chase Lost Voices
Girls Last Tour volume 1. Which I have been trying to find for ages.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I got a day planned ahead for me.

Just taken my dogs for a morning walk, relaxing for half hour-hour until cleaning the house, gonna make lunch then go for a bike ride.

Dad will be coming over for supper tonight and we'll be watching Rambo 3.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
God. I feel like I’m im this weird limbo. Currently obsessed with Ghostbusters and unable to do anything about it because the new movie was delayed thanks to a pandemic and a stubborn refusal to just release the finished movie sitting on your company hard drives to a streaming service (probably cause Sony doesn’t have their own... unless they wanna put it out on PlayStation Now or something). And there’s only so much consumption of old media you can do on an obsessive streak before you get board.

Normally I would channel this into a creative project, I’ve been wanting to develop a Ghostbusters animated series for years now, but I can’t because the premise of my show is actively conflicting with Afterlife’s premise so I need to see it before I make any decisions, just release the damn movie Sony!!!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't vibe with the current topic so lemme post this really quick.
Screen Shot 05-05-21 at 04.49 PM.PNG

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
where those ****ing pictures of Spider-Man at Brock?
797F4534-C009-4280-983E-36C4DDDE9F7E.jpeg

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Another perk of working overnights - I get to bike home in the morning when the weather is nice and all the birds are out.

It's mostly just common pigeons, sparrows and ravens sure, but I still think they're all beautiful in their own right.

Now I'm gonna try to take a 2-hour power nap so I'm not totally sleep deprived when I go to Knott's later this day. Good night- er, good morning everyone. Y'all know what I mean.

TimeJ

Smash Cadet
I'm not very active here, but I want to write this down somewhere and maybe someone would be interested. I've been toying around with the idea of a video game book club for a bit. Concepts simple, play a game over a certain period of time and then get back together to talk about it. Just like a book club! Personally I think the games in Suda51's Kill The Past series would be fun, but it'd probably be beneficial to do a test run with an unrelated game first.

I did some research and I'm not the first to think of this idea. It seems like the biggest hurdle is to retain participation, which is especially important when doing a series of games. I have some ideas to remedy this, like some kind of point system and discussing at the start of each game could help. A dedicated discord might be a good idea too.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm not very active here, but I want to write this down somewhere and maybe someone would be interested. I've been toying around with the idea of a video game book club for a bit. Concepts simple, play a game over a certain period of time and then get back together to talk about it. Just like a book club! Personally I think the games in Suda51's Kill The Past series would be fun, but it'd probably be beneficial to do a test run with an unrelated game first.

I did some research and I'm not the first to think of this idea. It seems like the biggest hurdle is to retain participation, which is especially important when doing a series of games. I have some ideas to remedy this, like some kind of point system and discussing at the start of each game could help. A dedicated discord might be a good idea too.
I think the biggest problem with this idea is how expensive it would be. You can get books for free in libraries or much more easily find second-hand copies, which gives book clubs an edge in accessibility.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Watched Mitchell vs machines. It was ok. a 6/10 for me. the daughter was very annoying. Dad was right. animation was good. jokes fell flat half the time. Robots and the kid brother were the best part.

it was ok.

TimeJ

Smash Cadet
I think the biggest problem with this idea is how expensive it would be. You can get books for free in libraries or much more easily find second-hand copies, which gives book clubs an edge in accessibility.
True, the only saving grace games have is emulation, which not everyone wants or can do. The only remedy to keep things on the cheap side would be to select older and indie games. I'll keep thinking on it.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Going to rant some more about the Mitchells vs the machines. Again, it was a fun movie. but I really did not like Katie. Her dad was right. you should have a back up plan. Not everyone who decides to make video games, make movies, hell even be librarians or scientists run into this issue. Not everyone succeeds in their dreams and having a plan for failure is important. But noo. Katie was so hell bent on not understanding where her father was coming from, she came off as a spoiled brat. She got better near the end of the movie, but damage was done for me.

The mom was nice, but the berserk button felt forced. Honestly, the best character was the kid brother. He loved dinos and was a huge nerd. I liked him. That and the robots. was fun seeing their malfunction.

So at the climax of the movie, it felt forced to me. And reading/watching reviews that consider Katie to be the victim in all this. having a loving, yet difficult to understand family, how the dad was always in the wrong.. yeah. no.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
jeez...and I thought michael gave out more depressing and gloom reviews for happy movies 20210509_191735.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom