• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Ed Boon made a poll on Twitter asking which fighting games deserves a return. Right now Killer Instinct and Def Jam are neck and neck.
Primal Rage's position, ouch. At least Virtua Fighter is...not dead last. Barely.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Marvel already has their own DC thing within their universe actually...called the Squadron Supreme. They're just an anti-hero (but somewhat leaning into villain territory more) version of the Justice League.
No. I mean telling DC type stories with the kind of character arcs and dilemmas common in that universe instead of the way Marvel typically handles things.

D

Deleted member

I don't really watch too many Vtubers, but I personally really adore Korone.

There's also Chester, aka imKrisyim, but I don't feel like talking about him, since nobody is gonna care anyway

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Wait wait YOU WATCHED HARDCORE???

Duuuuuude I heckin' love that show. I'll have to talk more about it tomorrow since I gotta go to bed for work but man, I miss it too.
I do.

Even after Jared cleared his name, it hasn't come back. It's sad and I miss it. I'd like PBG to figure something out, but I'm not sure if that'll happen concerning new seasons. Maybe all the former characters just got into new life stuff.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Oh yeah the devs were... overly ambitious for their first game on then next-Gen systems. They said they wanted to utilize every bit of power they could squeeze out of the new systems at the time and, looking back, they absolutely did. Syndicate and especially Unity hold up incredibly well and feel more alive than any of the worlds we’ve seen in AC recently.
Correct me if I'm wrong because it has been a while since I heard this: Aren't the newer titles from the much more current generation using the same engine that Unity did back in 2014? That is why it seems that they save a lot of time, therefore taking the chance to make the current game way longer than they should?

When it came to the bits I could play of Syndicate in my sibling's XBOX ONE, it was entertaining, and seeing Palace of Westminster was amazing, and going up to the very top was terrifying...overall I couldn't go that far because of the whole "This Area is above your level" bullcrap...but I can say it's amazingly done and while the map is big, it doesn't exaggerate like the current titles do. I think the more they say "The map won't be as big as the previous one" the bigger they make it. When I get the chance to play more of Unity that doesn't revolve around the story, I do really want to see Notre Dame. Seeing a fraction of it in Shay's memories got me quite excited.

The only criticism that I really have and that I won't change my mind about is the whole "Leveling" thing...I swear I was so frustrated not being able to kill some weak looking enemy NPCs in Syndicate (and probably would be the same in Unity) just because of the freaking level I was in, or...not being able to use very basic skills that you had in the older titles from the get go. It makes you feel defenseless and pathetic...I feel it took AGES to just get rid of some random bad guy.
My biggest criticism of the new games is how not alive they feel. Especially in comparison to older titles. I have yet to play Valhalla as you know but Origins and Odyssey just weren’t for me at all. Which is crazy since I adore Immortals Fenyx Rising even though I hate that name lol.
I wonder, isn't the fact that Immortals whatever has gotten its praise because it took elements from the newer AC titles, but mainly from what feels like Breath of the Wild? That is why it feels like a somewhat new and more freeing experience?

Also, I was looking for news and I stumbled across this:

My other big criticism is how they went from doing lesser explored periods in history to doing overly used mythology. Especially in terms of Greek and Norse. They skipped a lot of interesting time periods or relegated them to spin offs like Chronicles with China and Russia specifically.
Yeah, I did notice that, even I do have AC Chronicles: China because they gave it for free but I haven't gotten myself to play it...

It seems that when it comes to that title, it's finally getting some sort of comic like Russia and India did with The Fall and Brahman (I just have Brahman fully, the other just the first part). And it seems that even Edward is coming back but just for some webtoon thingy? Actually, I think Ubisoft even had a collaboration with Shonen Jump and while it had some stuff about Far Cry and whatnot, it had something that tackled what happened after Ezio's death in Embers.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
So we got street tacos and other bits for Cinco de Mayo yesterday, and with it came probably the absolute hottest salsa I think I’ve ever had. Heck, I’ve got ice cubes in my mouth right now to stop the burning sensation on my tongue. I enjoy spice, but I have my limits, and that’s not even the hottest thing I’ve ever eaten.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom