• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean

We keep saying "This time Crash for sure!"

I'm sure we'll be right...... eventually. :4pacman:

Truth be told, Crash is one of those characters I feel like people are way too confident in. I remember Hayabusa and... well yeah. People were soo sure Hayabusa was a lock until "Nope lol." Crash is probably my single most wanted and I'm still super skeptical.

Honestly at this point I'd argue friggen Master Chief makes more sense if only because E3 seems to be Microsoft focused
I was never as confident in Hayabusa as everyone else tbh.

Shroob

Sup?
I was never as confident in Hayabusa as everyone else tbh.
I mean, that doesn't go for just Hayabusa.

Hayabusa, who was pretty much nope'd by his devs
Monster Hunter, who were slain last presentation
Travis Touchdown, who was given a flicker of hope by Suda, only to be dashed
Doom Guy, who seems like he may not show up at all due to Bethesda content coming without him

Etc

I think Crash has a good shot, but like all characters, it's no higher than 50%. He's either in, or he's not, no in betweens.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, that doesn't go for just Hayabusa.

Hayabusa, who was pretty much nope'd by his devs
Monster Hunter, who were slain last presentation
Travis Touchdown, who was given a flicker of hope by Suda, only to be dashed
Doom Guy, who seems like he may not show up at all due to Bethesda content coming without him

Etc

I think Crash has a good shot, but like all characters, it's no higher than 50%. He's either in, or he's not, no in betweens.
Honestly, if Crash wasn't in the game they'd probably tell us at this point.

Or we are getting Activision content, but it's Call of Duty Soldier with a Crash Mii Costume.

D

Deleted member

despite Smash being everywhere, we barely talk or think about it lol.
as we shouldn't

Did someone mention painting? I'm in the middle of a painting myself. I sketched a bouquet and now I'm going to paint over it with a tablet on photoshop.
First I sketched the general shapes...

Then I drew the details.
very nice. 7 pogs out of 10

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, if Crash wasn't in the game they'd probably tell us at this point.

Or we are getting Activision content, but it's Call of Duty Soldier with a Crash Mii Costume.
On the flipside, why would they tell us he's not?

I can imagine smaller studios sure like what happened with Ryza, but I don't believe that Activision's actually been interviewed unlike say, Bethesda, which did amount to something.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
On the flipside, why would they tell us he's not?

I can imagine smaller studios sure like what happened with Ryza, but I don't believe that Activision's actually been interviewed unlike say, Bethesda, which did amount to something.
Good point.

But, hear me out again: We're getting CoD Soldier from Activision

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
One of his taunts is turning on the mic and having a kid screech about how he ****ed your mom.
Part of me hates the fact that squeakers exist because of CoD... but when I think about it, the world of online gaming would just be a drab wasteland without some brats to point and laugh at (and pity because their parents don't care enough to moderate what they play).

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Valentina Allegra de Fontaine...aka Val

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I swear Pokemon rescue team is significantly harder than i remember, i feel like the only reason i'm even making progress is because i stuffed my bag with Reviver seeds.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
(and pity because their parents don't care enough to moderate what they play).
To my knowlege, their parents DO moderate them, but the infamous squeakers are what happens when they're in the awkward stage of being old enough to be left home alone but not old enough where their voice deepens nor their mind matures enough.

Which leads to hilarity and 5 seconds of fame on yt.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
To my knowlege, their parents DO moderate them, but the infamous squeakers are what happens when they're in the awkward stage of being old enough to be left home alone but not old enough where their voice deepens nor their mind matures enough.

Which leads to hilarity and 5 seconds of fame on yt.
And when their voice deepens but their mind stays the same, you get the average video game YouTubers.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Oh, and I got the credits roll in New Pokemon Snap.

This game is very hefty. Got lots of content, a good story, and good characters.
And even after the credits start rolling, there’ still so much to do! There’s twice as many areas as the original game, each with their own separate stages, and just so many pictures to take. It’s more than worth the 20+ year wait.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oooh Spider-Man is reuniting the New Avengers for a Spidey/Kingpin special...****ing weird yet awesome, especially since Wolverine told the real current Avengers that there would be a war of sorts coming between the two

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
wait now I wish the X-Men didn’t have beef with the Avengers

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, I don't think I ever mentioned it but I've been going back and playing through the Sonic Series for it's 30th Anniversary. So far I've played 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles, CD, Mania, Adventure 1, and Sonic Colors. Review for each is that Mania, obviously, is the best I've played so far. CD and 2 hold up INCREDIBLY well. 3 & Knuckles is still very good but not quite as memorable. Poor Sonic 1 has aged quite badly aside from like 2 good zones. Adventure 1 is... actually not good, I've never been particularly fond of Adventure 1 but I was surprised that it wasn't cause I was a dumb kid, I just don't like the game. It's clunky and abstract and a bit frustrating to play in a lot of instances. I gave it a fair 2nd shot but unfortunately it didn't capture me even now. Sonic Colors is of course a masterpiece. I really don't have much to say about it other than the fact that sometimes Sonic slowing down and trying new ideas with less baggage can help.

I'm starting Unleashed soon which is another game I don't remember being particularly fond of but that may have been because of the werehog sections but people do seem to like them now so we'll see how I respond to them now that I'm ancient older. The Sonic Storybook games are after that which I actually have to purchase alongside Sonic '06, Sonic Boom, Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure, and the Sonic Advance Trilogy if I can get them for a reasonable price.

However, right now I'm starting up Lost World. So I bought this when it first came out and... I actually remember enjoying it a lot. Obviously, I remember some LOW lows like in later levels and that snowball level but I do remember liking it a lot in, what, 2013? So, we'll see how I feel about it this time. I do have a heavy softspot for the NiGHTS, Zelda, and Yoshi Zones though so I know I'll at least enjoy those. Wish me luck!

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If it’s the same one again and again, then there’s probably something you need to address.
It’s not. The first time it was a naked in public nightmare. Yesterday it was about Wallace and Gromit (don’t ask), and tonight it was about a T. rex in my grocery store that I was running from with other children (I was a child in the dream)

Noipoi

Howdy!
It’s not. The first time it was a naked in public nightmare. Yesterday it was about Wallace and Gromit (don’t ask), and tonight it was about a T. rex in my grocery store that I was running from with other children (I was a child in the dream)
Well you’re clearly worried about embarrassing yourself in front of a large group of people, cheese, and the dinosaur resurrection and subsequent uprising. Obviously.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Least they're not the sort of nightmares I get.

Kamikaze Lich-possessed Misty, dudette.

Have you eaten anything in particular before you've gone to bed lately? The aformentioned nightmare I had was induced by In-n-Out burgers late at night (at least, I think it was).

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Big Vampire Lady Simulators is coming at last tomorrow.

While I won't buy it, hope folks who does dig it!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Least they're not the sort of nightmares I get.

Kamikaze Lich-possessed Misty, dudette.

Have you eaten anything in particular before you've gone to bed lately? The aformentioned nightmare I had was induced by In-n-Out burgers late at night (at least, I think it was).
Not really. I haven’t eaten anything directly before bed. A couple hours before, usually. But it’s been something different each night
Well you’re clearly worried about embarrassing yourself in front of a large group of people, cheese, and the dinosaur resurrection and subsequent uprising. Obviously.
obviously. My dreams the past few days would be a freudian’s playground.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Reminding me I need to get DLC for that game. At least the X-Men pack, if nothing else.
I don't remember if the DLC packs were separate or in a whole season pass. But the Marvel Knights characters are pretty fun, Morbius and Blade especially.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I saw one of the shelters I was applying for pet adoption from said priority would be given to people who donate, so I gave $50 to a dog that needed surgery. Then I saw they had another dog that needed surgery even more, felt bad and donated another $50 to them as well.

Tbh I'm not really getting warm fuzzies from this. I almost feel bad because I know I probably wouldn't have donated at all if I didn't have an ulterior motive. But I did do this knowing there was no guarantee it would pay off for me, and those animals do need help so I can safely say I don't have any regrets even if my application doesn't get approved.

The dog I applied for, by the way, was a border collie mix pup who is in good health, not one of the ones who needed surgery. My apartment wouldn't have allowed them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom