• All episodes of the new Smash Brothers documentary 'Metagame' are available on Vimeo! Get Metagame Here

• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

• Support Smashboards and get Premium Membership today!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Switch FC
2036-9032-5151
I'm gonna take a minuite to vent about how my school completely botched the Computer Science.

OK, so last year Computer Science was pretty much perfect (exept for the teacher, but it's mostly a self-teaching class so i can ignore him easy enough). It was mostly JavaScript, which I don't think is all that professionally used but it's still a real programming language. It was great, and I did well.

I take the AP class offered this year, expecting more of the same. Only no, now it's completely different. Over half of the class had no actual coding, just dumb theory stuff. I don't care about how encryption and redundant routing can increase cybersecurity, i just wanna code. And the half of the class that was actual coding was in Scratch. A literal rookie language. The only thing that was the same was Asshole Teacher. Apparently next year's class is supposed to be closer to last year's, but since it's been over a year since i've done real coding i'm gonna be really rusty and aaaa.

i know a lot of schools don't have a Computer Science class and I should be thankful mine has one at all, but it's just disappointing that one of my favorite classes was basically wasted for a year.

TheMightyP

Smash Legend
Jonesy in Smash would be cool.

Imagine he has the Boogie Bomb and they reworked every character to default dance when hit by it.

That would be both hilarious and cool.

MooMew64

Smash Hero
I remember when Splatoon was rumored to get skins.

If this Samus stuff is true...And Splatoon 3 is definitely gonna be promoted to heck and back as Nintendo's flagship game next year...

MooMew64

Smash Hero
Man, listening to Team Sonic Racing’s OST again really makes me wish the game took off and gotten more content
Sonic fans were too busy still yammering about Forces they ignored the completely fine and fun game that released soon after it.

...Including me, unfortunately. I still need to pick it up, but unfortunately its online is completely dead as far as I know. :(

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Sonic fans were too busy still yammering about Forces they ignored the completely fine and fun game that released soon after it.

...Including me, unfortunately. I still need to pick it up, but unfortunately its online is completely dead as far as I know. :(
Tbf it didn’t help that they poured most of the budget into the soundtrack.

But yeah it would’ve been nice to see further support for it.

Bakugan2556

Trading Card Game enjoyer
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5178-8280-0912
What is with mobile game ads and using text-to-speech? Literally every 2 ads I get uses ****ing google translate for the audio and it’s like.... why?

MooMew64

Smash Hero

Bakugan2556

Trading Card Game enjoyer
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5178-8280-0912
Hiring voice actors requires money.
516F3162-4ECA-4603-8B09-CEC06DA5DDD4.jpeg

Actually yeah, I didn't really think of that.

it's just weird, because this has literally only started happening since last week, and it's like all the major mobile ad companies jumped on the same weird train of thought at the same time.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Switch FC
SW: 7210-0785-3330
More Miitopia Miis before I go to bed soon:

Yeah, I’m gonna need that laugh emoji.

Top Bottom