• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I haven't seen many Studii Ghibli films, but one I did see was Ponyo.

It made me feel an emotion that I still can't describe nor recreate to this day. Like, the closest I can think of was a mix of nostalgia and absolute happiness over just how cute it was, despite being on my first and so far, only viewing.

The credits theme punches me hard in the nostalgia too.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Is there anything I can learn from Onward as someone who wants to make a modern magic story?
As someone who thinks Onward is really underrated...I don't really think so, no.

Onward is more of a road trip movie then anything else. It has magic used as a theme and plot device throughout but the focus is mostly just on the relationship between the two brothers.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I mean, at the end of the day, your opinions are your own. You don’t need to feel one way about something just cause others do.
Was more referring to my opinion on the video itself, since it was so mixed for me at the time, but now I'm cool with it, so no worry here.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
God, New Pokemon Snap is a riot. So worth the 20+ year wait.

Huh. I just realized that bought two completely different on-rail "shooters" in the span of the past 24 hours, both radically different in tone.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently in Bedrock edition of Minecraft T-flip flops don't really work, which is disappointing.

After going over multiple designs, even the best design I could make only works some of the time.

So, I went with something really basic and simple and just have to rely on having to do it more than one sometimes

Java edition is better, but I can't have mobile Java

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Siiiiiiigh.....

I missed a side job on day 1.

Said job allowed to go to a house to complete a sidequest later.

Oh well....

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Ah forgot to post this since the Spanish Laughing guy died the other day but this was by far my favourite one. About none other than one of the most unintelligent people on this rock: Flat Earthers.

I swear his laugh becomes more monkey at times.

Now I'm gonna go on a trip down memory lane and play some DS and 3DS games.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
after watching AFA1368E-D1C8-4F72-B9B3-228FC385553B.jpeg , I kept thinking how Mark Grayson is just a worst luck version of Peter Parker...then found out they had a crossover together and it was wholesome as hell...but more importantly I found this
E6565B69-F424-42A3-9B65-145B170EB6AD.jpeg

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
...alright

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , osby osby

Let's do this final(?) report at last.

Before anything storyworthy. As I said my previous post, I sadly haven't been able to do every sidequests in Faraway Town, due to missing 1 activity on the first day. Which is a shame honestly, as I was close to getting all the flowers, and I don't think I be replaying the Sunny Route just for doing everything in the real world. Still, while it stink, know that I still really like the Real World segment in many way. I will point out some stuff later, so keep your seat on for the ride!

That all said, thanks to Kim, the Sunny gang goes to Aubrey house to see if she's ok, and she is!...but seeing just how...broken her home is, and how her mom is just frozen at the TV. It made feel even worse for Aubrey, which I didn't think was possible at that point. Dang you, Omocat. :<

Still, Aubrey is safe now, and what's more, we got almost all the photo that have Mari in it,she & the gang look so happy in so many of those....Gotta keep it together.

Before we move further in the main story, we gotta take a break and go the Recycultist Base, the only dungeon in the real world that is misseable if you don't do a previous sidequest on another day involving a lamp.

So what's my opinion on this little bonus? Well....i'm kinda unsure atm.

First off, the fact that they made photo for each tag like in Headspace is absolutely wonderful. It had my favourite pictures in the whole game and I gotta give credit to Omocat & her team for those kind of details that probably don't matter at all, but you can't help but love.

The fact that each party member is used once to deal with puzzles is also very nice. Even if it's a short dungeon, everyone having a time to shine is just nice.

The design of the enemy & the boss of this are also really simple, but quite unique & cool to look at. Especially since they're just regular peoples, but Omocat & co managed to make simple mooks & some dude who worship trash interesting to see without going to the absurd, so kudo for that too.

The overall atmosphere & music is also really weird & funny, making this area the most "Earthbound" Area of the whole game (which is imo, a cool thing, since the game up until now never went too hard on it's inspiration. Having this single, bonus place to homage a game that meant alot to the peoples working on Omori feel just right to me) . While the twist at the end reveal all of it was just Sunny daydreaming (which show that even in the real route, Sunny will still have a way to go on funny adventure with his friends in his mind, without the hollowness/darkness of Headspace lurking behind), I feel this single dungeon offer so many possibilities for fans to use & expand on, that I hope that in the future, some genius out there make a fangame using the real version of the cast that goes even further on the concept. 'cuz it could remedy all the problems I had with this area. Which I will now explain below.

I mentionned before, but while the real world as alot of fun activity to do. This dungeon kinda reaffirm to me that, as "filler" the Headspace feel to some, the actual battle system make it more than worth the time you spend in it. 'cuz here, while you can actually win fights, if you want to actually win against the boss. You gonna have to buy a **** load of band-aid & first aid kit. As well as having the seashell necklace on Sunny so that he doesn't get two shot or the like if you get unlucky, and even then, you still might lose because the boss keep bringing back minions to pester you with, and if they all attack either Kel or Sunny and don't miss, you're toast. (well not litteraly here, but you know)

What's more, there is no way to refilll your juice here, atleast as far as I know. So you better use Aubrey only skill, Homerun, right, or you're gonna pay amgo. (same to a lesser extent for Hero, tho his healing skill is kinda made irrelevant anyway by buying items that make you act faster)

What i'm sayin' is, it feel pretty limited, and the lack of the Emotions system, make the battle overall much less fun. Not to the point of making the are bad, but it's a shame that outside of Sunny having 4 skills. None of the other member have more to them for this single dungeon, and that the enemies have no skills to change your emotions like previous enemies in the real world. (which is doubly weird, since there's actual picture of the real gang being Angry, Sad, etc.., in the game file)
Kel_Depressed_RW.gif
Aubrey_Happy_RW.gif
Hero_Enraged_RW.gif

(most of them are unused as you can expect. Making me wonder if they were supposed to be more battle in the real world, but they didn't have the time to implemented to it, felt it wasn't worth it or just put those emotions gif in the game file just to make sure the game didn't froze in case someone were to mod the game to have the real gang fight in scenario that would inflict various emotions on them.)

I know i'm sounding a bit like a youtuber nitpicking for 4 hours straight about details few peoples will care on the moment, but I just had to let my thoughts on this very unique & weird place in the game. Again, I don't hate it or dislike it, far from it, but I can't help but see some missed opportunity, and hopefully, someone in the future expand those ideas and give us some GOOD ASS Omori fan content. No that it's needed, but it be nice.

Buuut yeah, think I already wrote alot, so will pause here (I did put that (?) for a reason, hehe). Next part, we go back a bit on the rest of Faraway Town, and then at last, the endgame.

See ya later! You Hamazing peoples. ;)

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The current wild area event in Pokemon SwSh is a Meowth themed event. Kantonian Meowth, Alolan Meowth and Galarian Meowth all appear, with an increased chance to find a Shiny G-Meowth.

Thats... unfortunate, because I really don't like Perrserker's Shiny variation. But whatever, I guess.
Wish they were doing this to promote Meowth’s inevitable debut as a playable fighter in Smash.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I missed Pixar tier list time.

my-image (1).png

Toy Story is a very important film franchise to me. The first tier is actually unordered lol. But to rank the Toy Story films, 2>1>3=4. All wonderful films for different reasons.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Not doing a Pixar tier list of my own right now since it's been forever since I've seen a lot of those movies (a good chunk of which I haven't gotten around to yet like Soul, Toy Story 4, and Inside Out), but WALL-E has always been my favorite.

D

Deleted member

The mock open so far had been pretty fun: right now only the rides in the christmas and halloween section are being run, so I don’t have anything to do. Least until lunch, cause my time is after that.

I’m debating over whether or not I want to ride one of the roller coasters or just chicken out and wait. 🤔

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The only Pixar films I've seen to my knowledge are

The first three Toy Story's, Finding Nemo, Wall-E, first Incredibles, first Cars, Monsters Inc, Coco, Monsters University, Ratatouille, The Good Dinosaur, and Soul.

Can't exactly remember if I had seen A Bug's Life but I recall I might at most seen only parts.

duxx

Smash Ace
hearing people talk about the good dinosaur reminds me of how many people made jokes about my name when the movie first came out. all of them were some variation of "haha did they name the dinosaur after you haha im so funny"

that got old within 10 minutes

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Last Pixar movie I saw was Incredibles 2 and before that it was Finding Dory, so it's been a while lol

The highlight of Incredibles 2 for me was when my friends and I were getting ready to leave and there was a chewed up headless Mr. Incredible doll in the parking lot. Someone really didn't like the movie I guess.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
View attachment 313387
I decided not to chicken out and ride one of the coasters currently running(The Raven, I think?)

... yeah, no, I’m not doing that again, my insides feel like mush.
Reminds me of the time I did the biggest roller coaster in my country (NI) twice in five then I went to the US and **** myself that they are far far bigger.

And this is why I don't go to theme parks. Plus the money at one in Florida was like $100 per person or something crazy.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Any mythology buffs willing to collaborate with me on story ideas for a project I’m working on?
raises hand

I'm pretty busy this week with midterms but if you're OK with it, tag/DM me and I'll check it out when I have time. It's always nice to geek out about mythology.

D

Deleted member

Reminds me of the time I did the biggest roller coaster in my country (NI) twice in five then I went to the US and **** myself that they are far far bigger.

And this is why I don't go to theme parks. Plus the money at one in Florida was like $100 per person or something crazy.
I’m not much of a theme park guy myself(I was pretty vehemently against our mom getting season passes for this exact park last year: funny how that ended lol)but at the very least, working here in this pretty big park, with a mostly outdoors workspace, a pretty alright workplace environment, and a interesting rewards system where HR basically has a general store only employees can buy stuff from, is WAYYYYY better then working at my local gas station or Mcdonalds. The extra perks that other places don’t offer(like free entry to the park and 50% off practically anything you can buy in the park)are just extra for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom