• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!

No really when was it released?

I swear to god I thought that movie was younger. Holy ****.
I dunno what you’re freaking out about, it’s only two years old.

It’s 2017, the only corona we’re worried about is the beer, I’m 15 and still obsessed with Pokémon Sun/Moon.

It’s 2017.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
No Pixar tier list isn't complete without a Dreamworks Tier list.
my-image (6).png

Makes sense since Dreamworks makes far more polarizing movies than Pixar. Some of it are masterpieces, others are just bargain bin garbage. Fever Dream doesn't mean good nor bad, but just really ****ing wierd. Captain Underpants is good, and Shrek 4 is somewhere in between Fever Dream and... boring.

Edit: Penguins is in the wrong tier, it should be in never saw.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
View attachment 313369
Makes sense since Dreamworks makes far more polarizing movies than Pixar. Some of it are masterpieces, others are just bargain bin garbage. Fever Dream doesn't mean good nor bad, but just really ****ing wierd. Captain Underpants is good, and Shrek 4 is somewhere in between Fever Dream and... boring.
That Wallace and Gromit movie is a great movie. Consider looking into whenever you can.

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 313369
Now this is a tier list.

I have no idea how Dreamworks ended up with not one, but two of the greatest trilogies in western animation history while also making Shark Tale. HTTYD is still my favorite movie to this day.

The Trolls movies suck, but I’d be a liar if I said I didn’t enjoy some of the song covers from those films.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Now this is a tier list.

I have no idea how Dreamworks ended up with not one, but two of the greatest trilogies in western animation history while also making Shark Tale. HTTYD is still my favorite movie to this day.

The Trolls movies suck, but I’d be a liar if I said I didn’t enjoy some of the song covers from those films.
They're really good at making trilogies except when it comes to Shrek.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I haven't seen nearly enough Dreamworks movies for a definitive tier list, but How To Train Your Dragon 1 and The Prince of Egypt are the best two bar none. Megamind and Kung Fu Panda are pretty great too though.

And before you ask, I've only seen the first Shrek movie and I found it a bit... ogrerated

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I remember when Prince of Egypt first came out and it was such a big deal. Considering it and Antz were the first two Dreamworks movies that released around the same time set the theme for the studio

as in there isn't any. We'll make low common denominator comedies AND respectful adaptations of religious media. **** if we care! :yoshi:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I remember when Prince of Egypt first came out and it was such a big deal. Considering it and Antz were the first two Dreamworks movies that released around the same time set the theme for the studio

as in there isn't any. We'll make low common denominator comedies AND respectful adaptations of religious media. **** if we care! :yoshi:
Dreamworks has some of both the best and worst animated movies of all time. I love that.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
We discussing animated films tonight?

I once watched Don Bluth’s take on Thumbelina... it wasn’t that good (though I have to laugh at the irony of it basically being a mock Disney film only for it to now be owned by them and me having watched it within a month of Disney+ launching). Only saving grace was the Beetle played by Gilbert Gottfried, who I mostly recognize as Digit from Cyberchase.

D

Deleted member

my favorite animated movie of all time might be the end of evangelion, which isn't that much of a surprise because i clearly sit down to pee. but other than weeb ****, i think mary and max and fantastic mr fox are in the running for my personal favorites.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I've actually been watching most of the Disney Animated Canon movies + Pixar and a few others over the course of a few months and I've been cataloguing my thoughts on them so far if you're interested

-I Saw Snow White to Ichabod and Mister Toad a few years ago so I skipped straight to Cinderella-

Cinderella - This movie spent way too long on the mice

Alice in Wonderland - I was not high enough and it was shockingly boring, It was quite pretty though.

Peter Pan - I love this one, and I've seen it so many times over the years, it just has some uhhh.... very bad choices when it comes to representing Native Americans.

Lady and the Tramp - I always forget I like this one, It's very solid, Ignoring the racist cats.

Sleeping Beauty - I really like the art style shift In this one, This is another pretty darn good one, Nothing spectacular but very solid.

101 Dalmatians - another one that I forgot was pretty good, I think the dogs are cute.

Sword In The Stone - This one was so boring I skipped it halfway through!

Mary Poppins - Another classic and I grew up with it so it has a special place in my heart.

Jungle Book: This one was pretty okay, a lot of complete bangers in the soundtrack

--Since I'm watching this with a few other people, they were getting bored so we ended skipping all of the movies up to little mermaid with the exception of Winnie The Pooh--

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: This one is so darn innocent and for some reason I bawled my eyes out at the end.

The Little Mermaid: Yeah this one is fantastic, and Alan Menken is one of the GOATS of Disney Music composition

Beauty and the Beast - Another Solid contender for my favorite, I grew up with it so I am biased.

Aladdin - Another good Contender for the best, banger's all around in the soundtrack I also grew up watching this one. Ignoring some of the more questionable bits of course.

Nightmare Before Christmas - Fantastic movie, This movie basically helped define my aesthetic and it holds up to this day.

The Lion King - A Classic and probably my favorite. The music might be the best.

A Goofy Movie - A gem and just a well made and fun movie with good music and a good message

Pocahontas - This one is pretty average, It has gorgeous animation. But it tries to pull a "both sides" when it comes to how Natives were treated. I was a bit perplexed when this didn't have a Content warning for racism before it honestly. Also Pocahontas doesn't have a nose and that bothers me. The lack of any blood whatsoever also bothers me.

Toy Story: I grew up with this one and it is so clever and good. I love this one and it is another contender for the best.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame: I'm very conflicted here It has really good animation and it has fantastic music, but the Gargoyles actively make the movie worse. There is also the use of the slur. It is historically accurate but it seemed a bit iffy to me.

Hercules: I love the music especially in this one, also the art and animation is also good. As a side note this movie and Hades has ruined all other fictional representations of Greek Mythology for me even though I know they are both not super accurate (Hercules especially.)

Mulan - I love the Art style, I'll make a man out of you is goated like always

A Bug's Life - I'm mixed here, I don't like Flik that much but the whole story I like, Hopper was a pretty good villain

Tarzan - Whoever decided to get Phil Collins to make music for a movie did not get paid enough, The music is fantastic, so is the animation.

Toy Story 2 - I love this one, I grew up with this one but this is probably my favorite Toy Story

Fantasia 2000 - It's just fantasia but more, I really loved Rhapsody in Blue and Firebird suite.

Dinosaur - This one is just kinda boring and annoying, The live action environments tied with the animation was weirdly ambitious for 2000, and they pulled it off pretty well. Too bad the Character models are kinda terrifying, The Carnotaurs are the only ones that look like real Dinosaurs, the others just look weird. The Disney ride though, that **** is top tier

Emperor's New Groove - I love this one! all the characters are great, it's funny and the animation is very pretty as well.

Atlantis: The Lost Empire - I want to say this one is okay, It was simultaneously interesting and Kind of dull at the same time, It felt like a worse version of Road to El Dorado. It's just different enough to make me feel like this comparison is a bit bad but I've seen El Dorado so many times that I think I just have it jammed into my skull.

Monsters Inc. - this one is always funnier then I remember and also I just really like this one, The ending was also more emotional then I remember too. Pixar is just really clever.

Lilo & Stitch - Fantastic, I love the artstyle, music and everything about it is creative and good.

Treasure Planet - The first part when they are all on the ship is fantastic, As soon as they meet BEN, the movie goes downhill fast. It ends on a good note though. This movie has fantastic character, ship and world design. Long John Silver is one of the best Disney Villains. I'd say it was a movie with really high highs and really low lows.

Finding Nemo - Another great one, the music and visuals are G O R G E O U S and it's just funny.

-Brother Bear and Home On The Range skipped for Sanity-

The Incredibles - Probably my Favorite Pixar movie, definitely a top 5, it’s dark, clever and interesting with kickass music and Art direction

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As it probably stands both Pinocchio and The Prince of Egypt are my favorite animated movies. If I had to pick between the two it would be the former though its still close.

The Lion King, Hunchback, Tarzan, Road to El Dorado, and Ice Age (2002) are up there too though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I've actually been watching most of the Disney Animated Canon movies + Pixar and a few others over the course of a few months and I've been cataloguing my thoughts on them so far if you're interested

Cinderella - This movie spent way too long on the mice
7.8 too much mouse

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm always 20 steps ahead.

But yeah, that actually wasn't a joke, she was my introduction. You see, back when WatchMojo made top 10 hottest females in (insert medium here), she was in one of the lists and then my life went downhill from there.

Exaggeration? Maybe...
I’d believe it.

I personally think it’s a very enjoyable movie, but it didn’t do that well. Thanks to the power of the Internet it’s most remembered these days for having a hot chick.

And to be fair they had no right making her that thick, good lord.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

my top 20 animated movies in no particular order. and yes, i'm clearly a virgin

Atlantis: The Lost City
Padak
The Plague Dogs
Mary and Max
Angel's Egg
Coraline
Spirited Away
Isle of Dogs
Persephone
Princess Mononoke
Kubo and the Two Strings
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Boy and the World
Akira
Fantastic Planet
The End of Evangelion
Fantasia (2000)
Yellow Submarine (1968)
Ghost in the Shell (1995)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I’d believe it.

I personally think it’s a very enjoyable movie, but it didn’t do that well. Thanks to the power of the Internet it’s most remembered these days for having a hot chick.
Yeah, pre 2016 internet was a different beast and on Youtube, boobs in thumbnails were all the rage. The whole ****ing reccomended page was just boobs in thumbnails for literally anything.
to be fair they had no right making her that thick, good lord.
And I thought I was bad.
But yeah, you're right

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom